• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a small resume of the actions and comments of PdP that can be considered sexist, racist or hate speech. I made this after a quick and superficial research, and probably there are many more examples in his videos, but I think this is enough to prevent people from defending this guy without knowing about his previous behavior. Please read this and try to not get a ban in the other thread.

Sexism
PewDiePie is teaching that woman are asking for it

"While Kjellberg struggled to keep his eyes off their chests, he "jokingly" called women in the video "stupid Twitch thots," a derogatory term for women that stands for "that ho [whore] over there." Alinity saw a video and retaliated by filing a copyright claim with YouTube.

In his latest video on the subject, uploaded Wednesday, Kjellberg chastised Alinity for filing the claim, and suggested that Alinity somehow deserves the abuse she is getting online for wearing revealing clothes. He shows examples of times when she wore a sheer top and her bra straps showed, or when she played Just Dance in a dress.

Defending a sexist MEP

PewDiePie, who was the subject of controversy earlier this year following a Wall Street Journal report regarding "anti-Semitic" jokes featured in his videos, appears at the end of the video to discuss his thoughts on the interview with Korwin-Mikke. "The first time I watched this, my initial reaction was 'holy s*** this guy is insane, what the f*** is he saying? He's definitely sexist,'" he said. "But second time I watched it, interpreting all his stumbling and mumbling, I understand what he's trying to say. Like he said many times, he's not saying women should earn less, he's saying they are because of these reasons."

"It's raping time" video

Antisemitism
Promoting a antisemitic YouTube channel

Promoting another anti-Semitic YouTube Channel

The Death to all Jews controversy

A insensitive joke about Charlottesville

Racism

Using a racist term in a stream

The 27-year-old video blogger called an opponent a "fucking nigger" while live-streaming playing the online game Playerunknown Battlegrounds, before correcting himself to "fucking asshole", adding: "I didn't mean it in a bad way."

Islamophobia

Promoting Ben Shapiro, a widely known Islamophobic

Last edited:

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pewdiepie is a piece of shit who doesn't deserve his level of fame. He speaks to a massive audience, many of them influential kids, and he's somewhat complicit in the hate out there among the youth.

Last edited:

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
We need more than 1 thread, we need a full forum anti-pewdiepie or maybe a full internet exclusive full of haters of pewdiepie, while Elon Musk prepare in Mars a world without the hateful of pewdiepie.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
In the future, please indicate if your link is directly to the guy's channel. The way YouTube works, tapping a link and realizing the mistake might be enough to end up with PDP AND Shapiro in my recs.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
PewDiePie is a monster. A monster whom parents have happily allowed into their homes to poison their children. A monster whom YouTube happily allows to be the flagbearer of their entire platform.

He understands what he is. He revels in what he is. And he will continue to be what he is until he is held to account. And YouTube will not be the ones to do it.

(And yeah, that Hard Drive article has no place here.)

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Way to negate all the other points by posting a satire website, and proving you don't read past the headline.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
How can he promote anti-semitism and ben shapiro at the same time? alt-rights are strange.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty ridiculous that this person still has a platform given how anti-racist and anti-anti-semetic all his empowering actors large and small claim to be. I guess it shows you how far white male priviledge can carry some people.

PS - You really want to focus on the one article that's false in the library of repugnant content he's spewed and not get a label applied to you? Really????

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
To this day I still don't understand why this guy is popular.
Even before the racist, bigot, scumbag stuff, every time I see him he isn't funny or entertaining or insightful, he's just obnoxious.

I like quite a few video game youtubers, but this guy is just crap.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to make a thread but here is the sum up of what I was going to say, the alt right paints PDP as a victim, I've seen first hand how they recruit members through the outrage against him, a lot of PDP 90 million followers are little kids who just see him as a harmless meme, the alt right uses this to their advantage, any attention or movement to ban him is just playing into the alt Rights hand

The best thing we can do is ignore him and focus on the real issue, the YouTube algorithm because just clicking on a PDP or H3 leads to being recommended a racist Been Shapiro video

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
He did wear a nazi uniform though, that much is true I believe.
No, it was one that is more linked to a British TV series, or an historical British uniform or something. Nothing Nazi about it.

And this isn't in any way a defense of him. I find him absolutely revolting. But we need to talk about the facts and not stuff like the KKK thing or a nazi uniform because it takes focus away from the real shit he's done.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it was one that is more linked to a British TV series, or an historical British uniform or something. Nothing Nazi about it.

And this isn't in any way a defense of him. I find him absolutely revolting. But we need to talk about the facts and not stuff like the KKK thing or a nazi uniform because it takes focus away from the real shit he's done.
Thanks for the correction, I'll edit my post.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PewDiePie does so much to advocate making light of tragic world events and normalizes hate on a seemingly consistent basis, but don't worry guys, it's all for the memes. It's just a joke. Children are out here form their opinions and prejudices based off of his shit videos. He's 100% aware of what he's putting out there, and what he's exposing to his fanbase, but doesn't seem to care. So yeah, it's nice that he's distancing himself from that attack in Christchurch, but that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Come on. I'm just living a heated gamer lifestyle you guys!"

I wish YouTube had a spine and would dunk on this trash lord already.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these YouTube personalities are trash but aren't held accountable as long as they're generating money.

Oct 27, 2017
Bu bu but he didn't make the guy do it or pull the trigger so he's innocent /s

Fuck outta here, he's been peddling this shit for years, radicalizing kids and google could give two shits cause they're making their money. The world gonna get real bad in the next few decades as these children get older.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I would prefer an entire subforum for gaming personalities to be honest. one click to ignore.
nhyT7vF.jpg

Honestly though, no. Those idiots are lumped in with gaming now. They're not the heroes the hobby deserves, but the ones it created.

Also I don't want to check ThePewdiepieForum for news and updates on actual good Youtubers.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
A note that should be added to the N-word one: later in that stream he remarked something like "I can't believe I said [n-word] on stream". He said it a second time so casually, even if he was just referencing the earlier moment.

That word does not come hard to PewDiePie.

Jun 17, 2018
He's a useless cunt who continues to prove himself as a stain on the underpants of society and if that kind of comment gets me banned, so be it. I don't get why he is still supported.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the segment about the girl that admited that married a guy from canada to get into the country, is this real?

Also loved the 10% black excuse.

Before anyone claims im defending pewdipie, the guy is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.