• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
After or during. Shaving before a shower mskes no sense.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How the hell do people do it during? You guys have some sort of mirror in the shower or something? I normally do it before a shower but tbh after reading these replies and the reasoning for doing it after I think I'm gonna become an after guy.
After years of shaving I feel like I don't even need a mirror to trim my face idk

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif
Think that's bad? Up to 22 I used to shave completely dry.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do people do it during? You guys have some sort of mirror in the shower or something? I normally do it before a shower but tbh after reading these replies and the reasoning for doing it after I think I'm gonna become an after guy.

I don't need a mirror. My valet can see the front of my head and if that slippery little Belgian fellow is at church or whatever it is he does on Sundays then my valet can look at the back too. I believe his name is Cromwell or similar. To be honest I don't trouble myself with their personal business. Naturally I would never employ a Belgian if I could could find a competent Swiss.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've got an electric razor, so I do it after

Face trimmer, electric razor, wipe face clean

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I shave at whatever time of the day I feel like. I shower at night, and I rarely ever shave right after the shower. I use warm - hot water and shaving soap.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
After. The warm water soften ups my chin hairs.

I tried a couple times doing it during. It's just weird.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
During your shower (without a mirror, just touch and feel) to shave 90% of it off, then clean up the remaining 10% after, in front of the mirror.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada

They literally make mirrors specific for this application that even have a hook designed for hanging a razor on.

I have one just like this

H1-2-10-52120-2.jpg

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019

ArtTeitlebaum

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
After. During seems clever at first glance but is a waste of water and energy.
Before makes no sense at all.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
That's so much more water being used tho omg

Edit: Face and body after shower

If a body part hasn't been done in a bit I'll l use an electric trimmer before showering
It's a good way to clog your shower drain too. Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to clean hair out of your drain because your brother is inconsiderate? There's nothing worse.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
That's so much more water being used tho omg
Yeah, but it's still less than taking a bath, so, eh.

It's a good way to clog your shower drain too. Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to clean hair out of your drain because your brother is inconsiderate? There's nothing worse.
Never had a clog problem... sure, if anyone shaves to go from jungle growth to smooth, that kind of thing might happen. But if we're talking semi-regular shaving, there should be no problem at all. Hairs should be tiny, right?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I actually don't wet shave anymore.

Switched to the Norelco One Blade. That shit is magic

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Neither, really. I shower in the mornings and shave in the evenings. That way I can moisturise overnight and have some manly stubble for the next day.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
After, however I've shaved before ad during and din't have much problem. It's just a little smoother after and during I can't see what I'm doing.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Before 49.5% of the time - usually cause I have a special face wash that I use with hot water.

During 49.5% of the time - cause I combine the face wash and shower (with suction cup mirror)

After 1% if I forgot or underestimated how fast my beard grew

OP
OP
Thornton Reed

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
Grow the beard back! Lol and use skin care products

i tried a few things and some oils but i'd still get issues under my beard. The maintenance was the biggest hassle. My beard was quite thick. I found scissors were the only that could trim it. A wet shave takes all of about 5 minutes, were i could find myself trimming my beard with scissors for about 30minutes

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
i tried a few things and some oils but i'd still get issues under my beard. The maintenance was the biggest hassle. My beard was quite thick. I found scissors were the only that could trim it. A wet shave takes all of about 5 minutes, were i could find myself trimming my beard with scissors for about 30minutes
But the maintenance is half the fun lol!