• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the best way to send it, Money Order ?
I live in a different city than the Apartment I will get, so I can't take it in person.
Can I purchase and send it through online or do I have to go somewhere in person ?

Thanks

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Plus if something happens and you make a mistake the money order company is under no obligation to return your money in a timely manner and has no regulatory body overseeing them.

BrooklynMood

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
What is the best way to send it, Money Order ?
I live in a different city than the Apartment I will get, so I can't take it in person.
Can I purchase and send it through online or do I have to go somewhere in person ?

Thanks
Whenever I have rented, I ALWAYS pay the security deposit with a cashier check from the bank, it's the safest way I believe.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I have rented, I ALWAYS pay the security deposit with a cashier check from the bank, it's the safest way I believe.
Ok so I emailed them to what are my options and they said either money gram or cashiers check, So from the comments here, Cashiers check from my bank would be my best option.

Another question, does the bank mail it or is that something that I will have to do on my own ?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Ok so I emailed them to what are my options and they said either money gram or cashiers check, So from the comments here, Cashiers check from my bank would be my best option.

Another question, does the bank mail it or is that something that I will have to do on my own ?
You will have to do it yourself. I recommend using something with a tracking number as well.

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017

Generally speaking, you're given the check to mail or hand off yourself. The institution you get it from can track its status to see whether it's been deposited/cashed and whatnot. You will need to know the exact amount and who they would like it to be made payable to. You will also need to have settled matching funds as they're taken out of your account immediately rather than a personal check, which isn't pulled until the check is brought in and scanned by their financial institution.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

Wait. What? Are you renting an apartment sight unseen and paying the security deposit you can only send them either MoneyGram or cashier's check?

90% chance you're getting scammed, bud. Not accepting a personal check for a security deposit is a HUGE red flag.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait. What? Are you renting an apartment sight unseen and paying the security deposit you can only send them either MoneyGram or cashier's check?

90% chance you're getting scammed, bud. Not accepting a personal check for a security deposit is a HUGE red flag.
It's a shared college apartment, it's either an older shared dorm provided by the school or a new 2919 built shared apartment for only a $200 difference, school starts in late August.

Hopefully in a year from now I can qualify for my own small studio. But in regards to this, I'll probably get a cashiers check and then head to postal office.
-

I'll try to get the 2 day shipping and the signature as well, would the priority mail express be worth it ?