• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
While not even nearly as extreme as these other examples:

53376-super-mario-64-ds-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg

I've never gotten over the fact that the remake of Super Mario 64 for Nintendo DS was literally called "Super Mario 64 DS".

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
That japanese one is longer, but this here's gotta be amongst the longest english titles:

https://itunes.apple.com/qa/app/cup...y-cool-glitter-cake-catching/id731444340?mt=8
Cupcake Catch - Sweet Pretty Cool Glitter Cake Catching Fun for Girls Hot Top Maker Making Smile Happy Love Sprinkles Rainbow Smart Super Color Catcher Amazing Endless Hot Market Bakery Rush Dash Temple Saga Treat Make Game

Wonder how just how much further these keyword bait titles go~

Also this dev has other wacky bait titles but "Pretty Pink Slots - Sweet Candy Fun Slot Game" may take the cake:
https://itunes.apple.com/qa/app/pretty-pink-slots-sweet-candy-slot-fun-game/id796309060?mt=8

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing beats: Summer-Colored High School Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going, but:

uploads1522864676588-220px-ROTWK_packfront.jpg

micerush

Nov 21, 2018
286845_front.jpg

Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk is an actual game on Ouya
The title comes from a word coined by James Joyce in Finnegan's Wake for the thunderclap sound of the fall of Adam and Eve

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
The Super Robot Wars series has a few good ones.

Super Robot Wars: Original Generations Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed

Super Robot Wars: Original Generations Saga: Lord of the Elementals F: COFFIN OF THE END

Subseries of subseries with subtitles.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Stand_Alone_Complex_Online_logo.png

I played a little of this game when it was still going.
Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - First Assault - Online.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
That japanese one is longer, but this here's gotta be amongst the longest english titles:

https://itunes.apple.com/qa/app/cup...y-cool-glitter-cake-catching/id731444340?mt=8
Cupcake Catch - Sweet Pretty Cool Glitter Cake Catching Fun for Girls Hot Top Maker Making Smile Happy Love Sprinkles Rainbow Smart Super Color Catcher Amazing Endless Hot Market Bakery Rush Dash Temple Saga Treat Make Game

Think of Cupcake Catch when you think of the words cupcake, cake, sweet, pink, pretty, cookies, candy, star, heart, happy, fly, game, catch, bling, kids, holiday, love, top and photo. Have fun playing Cupcake Catch!!

Even their description is full of tagwords

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the longest title,

Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online

but it's a reminder that Nintendo is still happy with excessive titles, even with "newer products"...

I also love

Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertaiment System

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The Jedi Knight series had potential but the cowards kept shortening the names.

Mar 29, 2018
1282004953308902980.png

"夏色ハイスクール★青春白書 ~転校初日のオレが幼馴染と再会したら報道部員にされていて激写少年の日々スクープ大連発でイガイとモテモテなのに何故かマイメモリーがパンツ写真ばっかりという電実と向き合いながら考えるひと夏の島の学園生活と赤裸々な恋の行方。~"

Translation: Summer-Colored High School ★ Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going.

Source: https://kotaku.com/this-might-be-the-longest-video-game-title-ever-1708939139
I actually like this

A lot

Oct 25, 2017
Not as ridiculous long as other names, but it's my favorite:

Kingdom Hearts • 0.2 • Birth by Sleep • -A fragmentary passage
  • It's part of the Kingdom Hearts series (okay I guess)
  • specifically the 0.2th entry (wait, what the hell does that even mean?)
  • called Birth by Sleep (these are just random words)
  • and it's the extra chapter called -A fragmentary passage- (???)
Kingdom_Hearts_Birth_by_Sleep_0.2_A_fragmentary_passage_Logo.png

Square Enix naming is bonkers.

What the heck is Dream Drop Distance? Also just random words...

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Not the longest, but a fun time.
220px-Persona_4_Arena_Ultimax.png

Persona ・4・U・The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold

It's a shame they dropped the SMT moniker on Persona or that would be wild.

Also not a game but
716%2BUi40HcL._SX355_.jpg

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
2983170-box_wg3dh98.png

I always enjoyed un-abbreviating this one.

The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association Present Wayne Gretzky's Three-Dimensional Hockey 1998

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
4 steps:

81EXogxylVL._SY879_.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam:Gundam vs. GundamNEXTPLUS

And a 3 stepper (thanks to Arlo - watch it to the end! xD), Melty Blood • Actress Again • Current Code

Last edited:

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
51%2B1tguPXLL._SX342_.jpg

東北大学加齢医学研究所 川島隆太教授監修 ものすごく脳を鍛える5分間の鬼トレーニング
Which translates to "Tohoku University Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer Professor and Supervisor Ryuta Kawashima's Tough 5-Minute Brain Training with Demon Training".
The European name is very long too "Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused?". Also noteworthy is the game took FIVE years to be released in Europe after Japan and the US.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Here's a doozy:

hqdefault.jpg

Dance Dance Revolution 2ndMix AND beatmania IIDX substream CLUB VERSiON 2

Similar to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, a new game is unlocked when Dance Dance Revolution 2ndMix LINK VERSION and beatmania IIDX substream are linked together.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5698800_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

kingdom-heart-2.8-ps4_1.jpg

The Kingdom Hearts compilation games are up there, with "Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 Remix", alongside "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue". Yikes.

At least they learned, with the latest compilation being simply called "Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far".

6307148_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

We all await what The Story So Far + KH3 collection gets called.
I was searching for this post.

How about for an individual game name as "Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage - Final Chapter Prologue"? It rolls off your tongue doesn't it?

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I love that Arc System Works just kept adding to the title "Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R" with each iteration. Looking forward to seeing how far Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 will go :)

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Two of my favorite games ever:

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
2983170-box_wg3dh98.png

I always enjoyed un-abbreviating this one.

The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association Present Wayne Gretzky's Three-Dimensional Hockey 1998

Surely you meant to say The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association Present Wayne Gretzky's Three-Dimensional Hockey Nineteen Ninety-Eight.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Surely you meant to say The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association Present Wayne Gretzky's Three-Dimensional Hockey Nineteen Ninety-Eight.
Indeed! In fact, for clarity, I suppose it should be:

The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association Present Wayne Gretzky's Three-Dimensional Hockey Nineteen Ninety-Eight Anno Domini

or

The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association Present Wayne Gretzky's Three-Dimensional Hockey The Year One Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety-Eight Anno Domini

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
IVHOJZ5.png

Final Fantasy • Dissidia • Duodecim (012) • Prologus

I think technically the "012" and the "Duodecim" part are actually the same thing and you're not supposed to say both, but DEAR GOD.

Also, I played this game not knowing anything about Dissidia and barely anything about any Final Fantasy besides XIII, and was just completely lost. Like, so lost that I'm not even entirely sure it's a fighting game. So I guess in this particular case I could've in fact judged this book by its cover.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
夏色ハイスクール★青春白書 ~転校初日のオレが幼馴染と再会したら報道部員にされていて激写少年の日々スクープ大連発でイガイとモテモテなのに何故かマイメモリーがパンツ写真ばっかりという電実と向き合いながら考えるひと夏の島の学園生活と赤裸々な恋の行方。~"

Which translates to:

Summer-Colored High School ★ Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going. –

(Gamespot. 2015)

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
OH SHIT I REMEMBERED ONE

DcqXceA.jpg

Monster Energy AMA Supercross FIM World Championship: The Official Video Game

Technically just Monster Energy Supercross but what the fuck is up with that box art

Apr 11, 2018
Amsterdam
I always liked the name of the Brain Traning games in Japanese:

Tohoku University Future Technology Research Center Professor and Supervisor Ryuta Kawashima's Train Your Brain DS Training For Adults (東北大学未来科学技術共同研究センター川島隆太教授監修 脳を鍛える大人のDSトレーニング)

and the sequel:

Tohoku University Future Technology Research Center Professor and Supervisor Ryuta Kawashima's More Train Your Brain DS Training For Adults (東北大学未来科学技術共同研究センター川島隆太教授監修 もっと脳を鍛える大人のDSトレーニング)