• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i like the idea of tera types but god they look awful

I'm so glad that they have take the good parts of Legends and ditched that horrible combat system

i dont know what they took from legends yet but i sure am glad they ditched that combat system too

empurror

Feb 9, 2022
gimmick feels pretty lazy and uninteresting even stylistically and i hate the legendaries but paldean wooper is kewt

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Game sounds really good based on what they've shown so far. Seems like there is plenty to do.

The new gimmick looks bad visually, but I feel like I need to see it in action to fully understand how it works and the impact it'll have on battles.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Paldea:

world-map-2x.jpg

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Hopefully there is another layer to the gimmick. Could be some interesting designs to the trading cards. My biggest issue right now is independent of Pokémon. I want to play this co-op with my son and I feel like it would be such a waste to buy another switch when there is probably going to be a proper upgrade before long.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully there is another layer to the gimmick. Could be some interesting designs to the trading cards. My biggest issue right now is independent of Pokémon. I want to play this co-op with my son and I feel like it would be such a waste to buy another switch when there is probably going to be a proper upgrade before long.
There won't be. This is how their gimmicks have been since XY. They're as simple as they appear

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
The legendaries look really, really dumb. Those stupid wheels look out of place and just visually don't work at all.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I really don't get how this forum can bash on Pokémon's visuals and then go on and praise Xenoblade's graphics.

Both are ass.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Can we stop getting slow, bulky Ice types until Ice gets buffed to not be super shit defensively? That'd be great.

I love Cetitan, but come on. It's going to be another quite bad 'mon like Avalugg. =\

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone else disappointed that it seems all clothes are going to be school uniformish? Seems like such a backwards step for a game championing freedom to me.

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
Looks embarrassingly bad, especially since XC3 just came out. Everything is just flat as a pancake and the environmental planning reminds me of the Zoo Tycoon maps I used to make when I was 5. It doesn't help that everything is so shiny. They really need to hire some people to do their world design because if they continue their open world trend, then every game is essentially going to look the same. Some grass, some trees, some snow and some mountains. This is particularly concerning as they seem to want to shift the franchise's focus to exploration.

The gimmick seems like something that came to GF's receptionist in a fever dream. Just bring back Mega Evolution at this point. Not every game needs a new gimmick if the game is good. Even if they do want to switch it up now and then; why can the anime bring gimmicks back but the games can't? Doesn't the anime exist to promote the games?

I wish I didn't care as much as I do, because GF never delivers.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
We can ride on Legendaries that can swim and fly in a big open world with multiple cities, while playing in multiplayer coop with 3 friends and battle in new raid battles, all while having the freedom to choose how to progress through 3 different stories and also we have following Pokémon and trainer customization

Tell this to someone 10 years ago and imagine the reactions

It's incredible, all i ever wanted from pokemon. I have no idea how people are still finding things to complain about, the game looks extremely hype.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why the Terastal gimmick was worth pursuing, on paper. A gimmick that could actually open up new strategic avenues, that can be applied to any pokemon, that has visual changes that don't require creating a ton of new forms, and can have rare variations? All of that sounds amazing to me! Unfortunately, they really do look like ass. The crystal effect it applies looks terrible enough on its own, but then the giant Kirby hats just look ridiculous. It would be one thing if the hats were to scale, but seeing a tiny Quaxly under a giant crystal water fountain just looks stupid. Bummer, because I do like the idea. I could see myself spending a lot of time hunting rare tera types.

And, obviously, it goes without saying that I am frustrated by the certainty that the gimmick will disappear for the next games, and just like Mega Evolutions and Gigantamax, the forms will be completely forgotten. I really wish they'd find a way to unify those ideas, rather than make new, similar ones that are then forgotten about.

Other than that, the game seems promising. Looks about as good as I can expect a Pokemon game to look, anyways. Passable graphically, with the gameplay I love. Hope that they keep in Overworld Shinies.

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
haha. no.

let megas remain dead, at least everyone can benefit from teras. they are the ones that started this trend of disposable gimmicks anyway so its ironic to complain about the new one and want them back.

Megas didn't need to be disposable. That's what GF turned them into. Besides, not every Pokémon needs a gimmick. Megas were a great way to revisit Pokémon that never get used, such as Lopunny, Beedrill and Sableye.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The gimmick is interesting for the hunting perspective. I'm guessing some typing will be pretty rare. Imagine a grass gimmick Pikachu with a 1% chance of appearing. It's basically shiny hunter bait.

The way I understood it is that certain Pokemon species, when Terra'd, will change types. For example, all Gengar when they Terra will become Psychic type, all Pidgeot when they Terra become Electric type, etc.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The way I understood it is that certain Pokemon species, when Terra'd, will change types. For example, all Gengar when they Terra will become Psychic type, all Pidgeot when they Terra become Electric type, etc.
No they mentioned different Eevee with different type and then say "go find some rare ones".

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
If you can't tell the vast difference between them, you seriously need to get your eyes checked. Especially XB3 which no longer looks like a blurry mess

Fair, I haven't seen footage of 3 yet. The same arguments were made for XB2 and SwSh though. If XB3 is that much better I'll gladly revoke my statement.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should have just made megas/gmax forms the defacto form change, regardless of gimmick. it would allow for the designs to carry over at least, which is the most important part

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Megas didn't need to be disposable. That's what GF turned them into. Besides, not every Pokémon needs a gimmick. Megas were a great way to revisit Pokémon that never get used, such as Lopunny, Beedrill and Sableye.

ah yes pokemon that needed to be revisited and made stronger like salamence and rayquaza. poor guys!
stat rebalances and actual evolutions (or regional forms which seem like the new thing for GF) are better ways to revisiting pokemon that never get used. not a poorly distributed gimmick form that incentivizes only picking the strongest ones instead of the mega beedrills anyway by design

they should have just made megas/gmax forms the defacto form change, regardless of gimmick. it would allow for the designs to carry over at least, which is the most important part

80% of gmax forms/megas look awful. no thanks.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The region looks great in terms of locale diversity, number of towns, and seemingly doesn't fall into the "look, don;t touch" philosophy of Gens 7 & 8. With some decent dungeons this looks like it might be the best region since Unova.

Cetitan is amazing. Insta addition to my team and hopefully it gets an evo.

It's weird to be excited for a Pokemon game again.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
let megas remain dead, at least everyone can benefit from teras. they are the ones that started this trend of disposable gimmicks anyway so its ironic to complain about the new one and want them back.

but, like, if they brought them back, they would no longer be disposed of, lol. If the complaint is "don't dispose of these things so easily" then bringing them back is honestly the most reasonable solution! They only started the trend of disposable gimmicks the moment they were disposed. The solution to that is straightforward. It's un-disposing them!

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
The region looks great in terms of locale diversity, number of towns, and seemingly doesn't fall into the "look, don;t touch" philosophy of Gens 7 & 8. With some decent dungeons this looks like it might be the best region since Unova.

Cetitan is amazing. Insta addition to my team and hopefully it gets an evo.

It's weird to be excited for a Pokemon game again.
I think Cetitan is the evo lol. Will likely have a prevo. I agree on the region, Gen's 7 and 8 were dissapointing in that regard, especially when during their pre-release you saw the maps and were wondering what areas could be explorable. Come their release, we find that they're just linear paths with aesthetics.

Snozz

Dec 6, 2020
Really wish they'd stuck with Arceus' approach to travel, not those weird goofy morphin legendaries. Please go back to different pokes for different travel actions next gen thanks.

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
This Pokémon Has a Moist, Smooth Feeling to It
Fidough's moist, smooth skin has elastic qualities and is both firm and soft at the same time. When these Pokémon become excited, they [puff] up their bodies to appear bigger.

The dough Pokémon sounds… interesting to say the least.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish they'd stuck with Arceus' approach to travel, not those weird goofy morphin legendaries. Please go back to different pokes for different travel actions next gen thanks.
That looked cooler but this will feel much better for traversal since you don't have to switch mon, it can be more seamless

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Paldea is the Iberian Peninsula with a mountainous region strapped to Portugal and I find that hilarious

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Love Wooper and the whale. Interestingly, we haven't had a Poison/Ground-type since Nidoqueen and Nidoking in Generation 1. Poison/Ground with Water Absorb is a fun combination.

Also very happy to see Eelektross confirmed!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Arceus was the first Pokémon I really got into and played a ton of.
This looks better than it, it's open world with what seems like no routes, a legendary mount that traverses all terrain, and it looks really fun. I'm excited to get it this fall, and am glad they are going open world and ditching the strict route format. I loved the exploration focus in Arceus so more of that is great.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
That looked cooler but this will feel much better for traversal since you don't have to switch mon, it can be more seamless

Switching only took a second. If it's that big of a deal I'd rather have an actual vehicle instead of a Pokémon that has to be able to climb, fly, swim, etc.

The more open design seems pretty cool. But man, the crystal forms looks so stupid.