• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty good reviews for this kind of game. Added to my purchasing list,since the world needs more story-focused games and less open world these days
Totally agreed since all the last AAA games i've played last year are open world (Horizon, god of war, spiderman, red dead, assassin creed)

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So happy to see the game getting such good reviews, I know some devs are ecstatic as hell right now :'D

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad it's reviewed well, this is a really great title that you shouldn't sleep on

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://gamingbolt.com/a-plague-tale-innocence-review-a-game-of-light-and-shadow

9/10

A Plague Tale: Innocence isn't the largest, most expansive game you'll ever play, nor does it accomplish new things in the areas where it does place its ambitions. But I feel like that's it's biggest strength, rather than being something that holds it back. It's a focused story-driven experience that knows exactly when to begin and when to end, and doesn't let bloat or misguided attempts at artificially lengthening its runtime impact any of that.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Jan 4, 2018
In my opinion, the greatest strength of the game is the way it's able to make each chapter feel truly distinct (and worthwhile) despite the puzzles and encounters not mechanically evolving a great deal. A lot of that comes from really pretty, striking, and varied environments that benefit from a realistic but slightly exaggerated/otherworldly aesthetic.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I like games like this. Is it fair to compare this to Hellblade, Inside, and Limbo? I know Inside and Limbo are 2D games but I still think they're kinda moody experiences where the gameplay design takes a bit of a backseat to try and sell the story and vibe... I'm really intrigued by these reviews.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Try following through with the order. For me it said I couldn't do pick up until I went to check out.

Yeah...no bueno it says there isn't any stores available for pickup within a 250 mile radius, Not sure why that's the case when there one literally down the road from me.

It won't even let me ship it.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...no bueno it says there isn't any stores available for pickup within a 250 mile radius, Not sure why that's the case when there one literally down the road from me.

It won't even let me ship it.

Dang. Sorry man.

Edit: I think Best buy is nearly sold out because I too cannot order the game. Neither shipping nor pick up (near me) is available.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yeah, my local Best Buy is sold out as well.

Really glad this is reviewing solidly, love the atmosphere and setting.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad this has been received quite strongly, a lot higher than I was thinking. Usually AA games have it tough with scoring much higher than the mid to low 70s at best, but for this to score beyond that must mean it has delivered on its ambitions. Congrats to the devs and here's hoping its success keeps the AA torch burning bright.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game interests me a lot but I have rat phobia

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised by the scores. I was hoping to get a review code for this but no luck yet. Keen to check it out.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
This just went from marginally in my radar to pre order with 2 hours left.

I love games like this. Congrats to the team for what was doubtless a pile of work that has paid off.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
So happy for Asobo & Focus :)

Currently on Chapter 9 and I don't want it to end.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
This has completely flown under the radar for me. After watching ACG's review I know I will most likely enjoy this a lot. Going to get it today.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I really enjoyed it too, even though it has some issues. I think it falters a bit towards the end (less interesting levels, and while the story is great, it just doesn't stick the ending imo), and found the upgrades not meaningful enough to really care about them.

But damn if it is not beautiful and fun. Basically a medieval TLOU. Really looking forward to what Asobo has cooking up next.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a typical Focus Home release. The game will do good.

Dunno about that, it's actually reviewing quite a bit better than a lot of their other games. Most of their games tend to end up in the high 60s / low 70s on open critic, this one's currently at 80.

It's currently by far their best reviewed game, outside of some oddities like publishing the console version of Divinity Original Sin.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, really happy Asobo done so well on this game. Looking to pickup at some point soon.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
This wasn't in my radar at all but seeing the launch trailer yesterday got me looking forward to the reviews. Cool to see mostly positive scores. I'm a big fan of Hellblade, and this feels similar enough in tone and ambition with just the right amount of AAA sheen to the AA scale of it all.

Will get it for sure!

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
As a fan of french BD this is right up my alley. I'm sure at Asobo they're fans as well, as in france it's so intertwined in popular culture that it's a given.

Would be interesting to know what classic BD series have been an inspiration to them, if any. I was thinking about The Towers of Bois-Maury, by Hermann, in particular, but there are many more

Maybe someone at Asobo can answer if he reads this :)

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Our review: Wccftech 8.8

A Plague Tale: Innocence is definitely among the gaming surprises of 2019, exceeding expectations in the best possible ways. With its gripping tale, charming characters and solid gameplay mechanics, the game is a must-have for those who like single-player games with a strong focus on story and character development. Even if the tale does not take in you, A Plague Tale: Innocence still offers a solid third-person stealth experience that fans of the genre will surely appreciate.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"The graphics are also much better than one might expect from an indie game""
Its not really a indie game tho. Asobo has 140 employees are making games since 2002 and the game is published and supported by Focus Home.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really glad to see this game being received so well. I personally don't much care about scores but they do influence many people's buying decisions so hopefully, this will help the game be a success. We need more small-scale story-driven single-player games.

Its not really a indie game tho. Asobo has 140 employees are making games since 2002 and the game is published and supported by Focus Home.
AA game would be a more apt description, I guess.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This game is absolutely up my alley and I'll pick it up when I have an opportunity.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

i think the game is made by a team of 40-45 people.Maybe i am wrong.