• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Been interested in this since the first announcement trailer. Continues to look really damn good.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It looks very interesting, definitely looking forward to playing it.

Also kudos to the devs for trying to do something unique!

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
looking really Great

this will be My fourth day one (Pre-order) Games This Gen

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
id-05.jpg

id-13.jpg

Yeah,i know,i am hyped.

Deleted member 48390

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 6, 2018
FWIW assuming you don't have a weird or underpowered set up, PC is gonna give you the best performance, as always. However, X1 hooked up to a sweet TV is gonna be some maximum chef kiss, and imo this is very much a game that feels best on controller - personal preference, of course, and our PC controls have been thoroughly tested.

Glad to see so many of y'all hyped up. We've got some more really sweet trailers in the works - some of the best we've ever done imo - and are really excited to see reviews and player feedback come launch day.
My PC is too old to perform 4K HDR; so the thing I really wait to see is how game performs on console and how HDR is implemented. If it's 1080p no HDR, yeah, I will certainly go to PC.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So this and Outward are the sleeper of the year?

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW assuming you don't have a weird or underpowered set up, PC is gonna give you the best performance, as always. However, X1 hooked up to a sweet TV is gonna be some maximum chef kiss, and imo this is very much a game that feels best on controller - personal preference, of course, and our PC controls have been thoroughly tested.

Glad to see so many of y'all hyped up. We've got some more really sweet trailers in the works - some of the best we've ever done imo - and are really excited to see reviews and player feedback come launch day.

I hope the framerate problems in the uncut gameplay videos are fixed in final version because this game is a buy for me, but not if framerate goes under 60 fps.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was on the fence after the janky reveal trailer - but now I'm all in. Buying this for sure

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This has been for sale in NYC for a week already. I'm too backlogged to try it at the moment.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The gameplay looks and sounds interesting but i think the story will make or break this game.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Amecia looks great,might be a good new heroine...she reminds me of the girl in the new Crawl movie,since the trailer is everywhere right now. ;)

Hopefully this game has a good checkpoint system on failures because it looks like fun but also could be a trial and error type thing in some instances.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
-Good graphics
-Really bad animations
-Realistic/dark European Middle Age setting
-Lack of focus on gameplay (style over substance)

This looks REALLY European

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Game is gonna look amazing on PC. providing you can adjust the Fov and it has support of 21:9. The Fov is bothering me personally but other than that it looks nice.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
This opinion is... really weird.. and stupid in all honesty
I don't see what's weird about what I've written. European games (not the indie games, the "big" ones) are REALLY easy to spot. When you see a game with good graphics, bad animations and this realistic/gritty style you think about The Witcher or Metro.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I don't see what's weird about what I've written. European games (not the indie games, the "big" ones) are REALLY easy to spot. When you see a game with good graphics, bad animations and this realistic/gritty style you think about The Witcher or Metro.

Just because Witcher doesn't have the quality of animations like a Ubisoft title, it doesn't mean that those animations are straight bad.. bad animations have now only a small percentage of bigger titles - even games from Bethesda or Obsidian don't have bad animations, just average.. and Witcher 3 has definitely above average animations..
And I really don't see how A Plague Tale: Innocence has bad animations... they in fact look pretty great

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Just because Witcher doesn't have the quality of animations like a Ubisoft title, it doesn't mean that those animations are straight bad.. bad animations have now only a small percentage of bigger titles - even games from Bethesda or Obsidian don't have bad animations, just average.. and Witcher 3 has definitely above average animations..
And I really don't see how A Plague Tale: Innocence has bad animations... they in fact look pretty great
There's lots of games with worse animations out there of course, but usually are from games with a low focus on graphics/presentation (Bethesda is using a really old engine and the graphics of the new game are not what you should expect from a AAA game) or games with low budgets. The high contrast between good graphics and subpar animations is IMO a European trademark, and even if TW3 has decent animations (even so, during conversations the same animations repeat a lot), the first two games were really bad on this regard.

It's not that I think that this is a really bad thing (is not good obviously), i was only saying that spotting an European game is really easy thanks to this. About the trailer, I see lots of bad-executed animation transitions, it's not ugly but it stands outs compared to the realistic graphics that are good enough.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
There's lots of games with worse animations out there of course, but usually are from games with a low focus on graphics/presentation (Bethesda is using a really old engine and the graphics of the new game are not what you should expect from a AAA game) or games with low budgets. The high contrast between good graphics and subpar animations is IMO a European trademark, and even if TW3 has decent animations (even so, during conversations the same animations repeat a lot), the first two games were really bad on this regard.

It's not that I think that this is a really bad thing (is not good obviously), i was only saying that spotting an European game is really easy thanks to this. About the trailer, I see lots of bad-executed animation transitions, it's not ugly but it stands outs compared to the realistic graphics that are good enough.

I mean, Witcher 3 has a main story that is 45 hours long + another more than 50 hours of sidequests with dozens and dozens of hours spent in dialogs (with dialog choices so that means there are even more hours of dialog animations that most people aren't going to see in a single playthrough) - of course there are going to be some animations that are going to repeat themselves - even AC Odyssey from Ubisoft has the same problem and in my opinion Witcher 3 has more facial animations than ACO - not better because Odyssey is the newer game of course and therefore has newer technology and better graphics + lighting, but it doesn't have as many unique facial animations as the characters in Witcher 3 have.. some facial animations in the main story in TW3 are used only in one instance for example..

And in the case of PTI, I don't know - I'm pretty impressed by how the animations are looking for a AA game.. I would even say it looks like a AAA game, but only in some cases I see some clipping or animation transtitions that aren't so smooth as the real AAA games are having now.. but again, even in those games it happens from time to time

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
I hope the framerate problems in the uncut gameplay videos are fixed in final version because this game is a buy for me, but not if framerate goes under 60 fps.
Basically where all the time and effort is going right now as we prep a day one patch. I can't promise anything of course, but I hope it'll meet expectations. Things get pretty intense pretty quickly, so that Steam refund window should help out too if it's a real dealbreaker for you - plus you get to see what else we're doing and maybe get into that.

Thanks for the notes on leaked copies folks, though I doubt they were specifically for me ;D

Review code is out, incidentally, I know you folks like to hear about that. Embargo is 00:01 Paris time, May 14 (standard embargo for us at Focus, in case you're wondering). Hoping it should be plenty of time for folks to get through it and post something really detailed. If you're a site/content creator (of reasonable size) who wants code, feel free to email me and I'll pass it on to our PR team on Monday - benb at Focus dash home dot com.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be diving in deep this weekend (review copy). Been excited for this one for a while now.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
If you're a site/content creator (of reasonable size) who wants code, feel free to email me and I'll pass it on to our PR team on Monday - benb at Focus dash home dot com.

I am not a streamer,but i know some videogame streamers(and not really big one) that are very interested in the game.
What is a "reasonable size" for a twitch streamer?how many followers?