• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pey

Nov 27, 2017
Argentina
Some of my 4K Screenshots captured with Nvidia ANSEL. There are 500 images in my website: www.pcmrace.com/2019/05/13/nuestras-imagenes-y-videos-de-gameplay-de-a-plague-tale-innocence-en-4k-con-detalles-al-maximo

APlagueTaleInnocence_x64-2019-05-04-03-42-17-280.jpg

APlagueTaleInnocence_x64-2019-05-08-22-41-01-005.jpg

APlagueTaleInnocence_x64-2019-05-04-04-25-05-931.jpg

APlagueTaleInnocence_x64-2019-05-04-03-45-26-286.jpg

Also, some 4K videos, also at max settings:

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ordered it to hopefully arrive tomorrow. In the mood for a linear story game.

Bit worried reviews are so late though.

OP
OP
EvilBoris

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I really like how well the soundtrack is integrated with the game. Was doing a bit with lightning and each strike was integrated with other musical audio.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a bit weird, but watching some footage, one tiny gripe is how unnatural the rats looks with their swarming. Look too fast and jerky to seem like a mass of living things

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great linear single player story driven, with great OST, very rich and detailed world, very good french voice acting and solid gameplay.

Loved the game!

ShadowRunner

Oct 29, 2017
Fun fact, i know the voice actor of the young boy in the game, he's the son of the lady i sit next to at work. Glad to see its revieing well.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got my review code a bit late, played up to chapter 4 now and it is bloody fantastic and intense af. Even my wife is glued to the TV. Looks amazing on PS4 Pro too and the soundtrack is legit masterful.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Good to hear it's reviewing well. I'll read some reviews once I get home from work, watch Karak's review, but sounds like then I'll be clicking "buy" from GMG.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Total Gaming Network (my review) - 5 out of 5

Incredible from start to finish. Every once in a while there comes a new game release that defies all expectations. A Plague Tale: Innocence is one such game. Thanks to a delicate balance of satisfying gameplay and an engaging story, A Plague Tale will sink its hooks into you right from its opening chapters.

I absolutely loved this game.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God The CA and distortion in this game is absolutely dogshite ! I get that they wanted a dreamy look, but CA gives games an artificial through a camera lens look rather than dreamy look.
Such a beautiful looking game, with great art and a unique look....let's mess it up with untoggleable CA....why?

LuObFZ7.jpg

HrAuPTI.jpg

Swciteo.jpg

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017

Performance seems to be all over the place. I've just tested the very beginning. At 4K ultra settings with a 2080Ti, FPS seem to be between 55 and 65 on average (this is my estimate from looking at the FPS counter). Sometimes it suddenly goes down to 30fps (and weirdly seems to be locked there for a few seconds) to go back up over 60.
Performance seems much better at High settings, and honestly I can't really see the difference with ultra.
Game looks gorgeous. Hopefully some optimisation makes it more consistent.

Rezz

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seattle
Oh my God The CA and distortion in this game is absolutely dogshite ! I get that they wanted a dreamy look, but CA gives games an artificial through a camera lens look rather than dreamy look.
Such a beautiful looking game, with great art and a unique look....let's mess it up with untoggleable CA....why?
There's an ini in My Documents, My Games - try disabling it via there.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Performance seems to be all over the place. I've just tested the very beginning. At 4K ultra settings with a 2080Ti, FPS seem to be between 55 and 65 on average (this is my estimate from looking at the FPS counter). Sometimes it suddenly goes down to 30fps (and weirdly seems to be locked there for a few seconds) to go back up over 60.
Performance seems much better at High settings, and honestly I can't really see the difference with ultra.
Game looks gorgeous. Hopefully some optimisation makes it more consistent.
I discuss this in the review. There are some settings that are odd. High seems to be almost identical and gains you back the FPS

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I made the right choice buying this earlier today haha! Can't wait to play this tomorrow.

Cracking reviews Karak and Lucifonz.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I discuss this in the review. There are some settings that are odd. High seems to be almost identical and gains you back the FPS
Shadows seem to be pretty much the only effects that have a visible difference between high and ultra and basically the only setting that matters performance wise. I turned every single setting from ultra to high except shadows and only gained 4 FPS. I turned Shadows from ultra to high and I gained 7 FPS on its own. But even then it is not that big of a visible difference, something you'd notice but won't after 5 minutes since it's still quite stable and fairly high resolution and the cascade distance remains the same between high and ultra. I have a 1080/i7 6700K