• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
42gb on Series X here

A Plague Tale: Innocence Update 1.09 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for A Plague Tale: Innocence Update 1.09 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:

Those who are unfamiliar with A Plague Tale: Innocence will discover a gorgeous mixture of adventure, puzzle solving, deadly combat and stealth, while long-time fans will be able to relive Amicia and Hugo's emotional journey through a grim medieval France, in never-before-seen detail.

The next generation version features:

• 4K UHD (on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5)
  • 60 FPS
  • 3D audio support
Xbox One & PS4 versions can be upgraded for free!

In addition, we haven't forgotten about Switch players: for the first time, you will be able to play A Plague Tale: Innocence in Cloud Version using Nintendo's Cloud Streaming technology. Make sure to play the free demo first to guarantee your connection is good enough!

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing. Do not sleep on this game. It's so much like a medeival Last of Us. I cannot wait for its sequel.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Bangin'. I played this on PS4 first time so I'll replay on Xbox now with the upgrade.

Ta!

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I will check it out. Played it last year and really enjoyed the experience. Although I thought combat took away from the overall experience.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like a pretty great next gen patch! I enjoyed my playthrough but probably wont re-visit to check the patch out. But if it's still on gamepass Id recommend anyone who has it to at least give it a try!

Wonder how the Cloud version on Switch turns out - if it can be played at 720p / 60fps in handheld mode that would be pretty cool as well!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Nice. I need to get back in there. I started it up a month ago or so but the framerate and frame pacing was really tripping me up to where I backlogged it.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
PSA: Turn down the chromatic aberration setting. On XB1X it took the game from a Vaseline smeared mess to absolutely beautiful.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played through this last year - it's a great game!
Also a pretty good length, it's not too long for the game mechanics to outlast the story.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! Put my playthrough on hold after the news of the next gen patch got out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is on Game Pass and being given away with PS+ this month. Game's going to get loads of eyes on it.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Right. It's not a patch, it's a new version. It's even the same for the Xbox when this happens. It's actually mildly annoying at this point to see new versions being simply called patches because my expectations change.
It was a patch for me. I had it installed and it became the next gen version

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Any news if this is a separate SKU for PS5, or just a patch for the PS4 version? I'm not seeing a PS5 sku in my region. Is the version coming to the psplus the PS5 sku?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
What was it pre patch on Series X? Because it was already a very good looking game when I played it, surely it couldn't have been 1080p / 30 fps prior to this patch on Series X?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the PS4 sku description,
Screenshot-20210705-233811-Firefox.jpg

I'm confused.

Also i don't see separate PS5 SKU with trophies on psntrophies dot com. Would be a bummer if it's just a patch (without DualSense support and proper ssd optimization).

edit:

Just ignore it till tomorrow once you can actually redeem the game. Upgrades on PS5 are a mess and the description is a bit confusing usually.

The PS5 SKU is like 10GB smaller, so it can't just be a PS4 patch.

I hope you are correct.