• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Palookah

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Picked it up from gamepass through curiosity, hadn't been on my radar before. Really enjoyed it.

Last encounter brought to mind a single player WoW boss fight.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it a week ago and just started it.
Yes it is great, the pacing so far (up to chapter 4) has been excellent.
Chapter 3 was really intense!

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I really like it. It is the only game where I have used the photo mode every 15 minutes. Such a beautiful game with so much personality.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The game is beautiful to look at, I liked the characters and the story and the setting. It's generally an enjoyable game to play, but there's no getting around how repetitive and shallow the actual gameplay is.

I've also never played a game that's as patronisingly hand-holdy as this. You're practically told or shown what to do upon every new scene, and that never stops right up until the end.

Jan 10, 2018
Bought it because of the praise in this thread and while there certainly are things to enjoy I cannot get past how restrictive the gameplay is. Everything is designed in a highly linear and scripted fashion, to the point where it feels like a never ending tutorial level. It might be because I've just come off a couple of sandbox games, like Subnautica and DQ Builders 2, but this game just really feels like it plays itself almost. I am only on chapter 6 though so there's still a lot of hours of potential development. I'm hoping it takes a turn for the better.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Flight Simulator 🤔

They are working on another game which has been teased too.
jhgjhgjhb-e1555622180991.jpg

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like it because it looks like an adventure game where gameplay is secondary. Beautiful environments and good interactions between characters, but they aren't important things to me.
It was a big letdown after playing Sunset Overdrive and Recore.

The case is, I'm enjoying Alan Wake right now and it has similarities with this game (Darkness, Light), but maybe it was the lack of tension, barebones stealth mechanics or the slow gameplay that I couldn't appreciate Plague.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I really liked it.

On my heels through the entire game. Super exciting and the eery soundtrack was fantastic.
Story was serviceable, but not a super fan of the voice acting though..

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't like it because it looks like an adventure game where gameplay is secondary. Beautiful environments and good interactions between characters, but they aren't important things to me.
It was a big letdown after playing Sunset Overdrive and Recore.

The case is, I'm enjoying Alan Wake right now and it has similarities with this game (Darkness, Light), but maybe it was the lack of tension, barebones stealth mechanics or the slow gameplay that I couldn't appreciate Plague.

That was in my book the worst part about the game :P

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I really liked it.

On my heels through the entire game. Super exciting and the eery soundtrack was fantastic.
Story was serviceable, but not a super fan of the voice acting though..

I wasn't to begin with, but it settled down a bit in my mind as time went on. I think Hugo's voice was a bit to babyish

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
My cats loved it with all the rats.

I really enjoyed it too, was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. It looks beautiful and the stealth was actually pretty fun.

Tamerlane

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it today. Gameplay and story were so-so, music was great, and cutscenes fell flat for the most part

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving it so far, currently on Chapter 8, I think? Liking it a lot more than I expected. Focus Home never fails.

The ackyduck. <3

EDIT: And, as always, Deriviere KILLING IT. Easily one of the best composers in the industry.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly I absolutely love the game and I loved the execution of the story other than the fact that none of the characters were really all that fleshed out. Still, I had a total blast playing the game and I absolutely loved the gameplay throughout and especially enjoyed getting new abilities. Really excited for the sequel honestly

Jan 21, 2019
From an audiovisual level the game is untouchable - everything from the art direction, music and sound design is top tier. Turning off the UI and changing to French is the way to go and incredibly immersive. The most fun I had was really just playing it as a walking simulator, walking around looking at everything while soaking up the details and atmosphere.

The gameplay however was borderline poor. Basic, contrived "puzzles" where everything just feels a little bit too convenient. Ridiculous combat - killing fully armoured knights with a sling, really? Stealth wasn't horrible but it was just there and not challenging or deep at all. The combat and mechanics in the last 3 chapters got really annoying, by the end I just really wanted it go be over.

Sounds like niche PS2 AA games. Well at least until you the last of wanting it to be over.

I am now much more interested?

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah it is.

They really handled "the hero killing for the first time" well. It's treated as horrific. Also, the tool Amicia uses (her sling) is like a childhood toy she prides herself in.. suddenly turns vile. I love the cutscene where she looks at it after the violence. Shout out to the soundtrack.

Also, who knew slings were a thing? Turns out whipping a rock at someone's head would be bad haha.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
It's a very enjoyable experience. I do wish the supernatural type stuff was more grounded in reality though. You can still have the church fucking around with it as a desperation play which imo would make it even more grotesque but where it goes i wasn't the biggest fan of.

What remains of Edith finch is also a must play for those playing these on game-pass.

I wasn't to begin with, but it settled down a bit in my mind as time went on. I think Hugo's voice was a bit to babyish

It is but it makes sense because he's been kept inside away from the world most his life.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Played a little bit today and the game seems to have a weird issue with gsync where one moment it's 60 fps and then another moment the game caps itself down to 30fps. But if i reload that same checkpoint it goes back up to 60 fps again. Really weird, but otherwise it looks fantastic.