• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

angel_deamon

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I didn't like TLOU but I like Plague, I adore the little brother (Chapter 6)

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
What a great game. Alone the soundtrack is worth the experience. The end of chapter 13... one of the most intense scenes ever. The voice actress did an amazing job throughout the whole game.

The stealth is, luckily, very forgiving and you don't need too much patience. Combat is meaningful and there's no narrative dependency between gameplay and combat.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get past how it looks at 1080p all the AA options make it blurry.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
It's overblown and showered in hyperbole and superlatives by the people who praise it, but it's a fine, if uneven, game. A decent 7.
I kind of agree with this. The art and visuals are stunning though and I love Amicia. Wasn't keen on the story though, hated Hugo and some mechanics were a bit eh for me.

Also that op shout out for MS to buy them? Get out of here with that. I'd rather they carried on working with Focus so many people can enjoy their creativity.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Game looks and sound really nice. The story starts interesting but never does anything whith the elements it presents sadly, it's rather simplistic and the ending is quite cliche. Gameplay is lacking, the game has some interesting stealth and combat mechanics but it's cluncky and rigid, most of the times you're solving simple puzzles and the stealth is really restrictive, the game always has a solution for the situation and trying to do something different is heavily punished. It's the kind of game that gives new tools constantly to the player but kind of forgots them.

The overall experience was nice enough, I'm interested on the new projects from the studio as the technical aspect was quite nice for a small game.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I started it over the weekend. I'm enjoying the story and characters so far, but haven't gotten into the gameplay really. But I had stopped where it seemed like it was about to really open up. So we'll see how it goes when I continue it tonight.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't usually like stealth but it was forgiving here.
The only frustrating part I had with the game was moving one stupid box.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing it now on Gamepass. It's the first game that I didn't really know about that I discovered on Gamepass that I'm really enjoying.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It actually becomes a pretty good game, mechanics-wise toward the final act, but I agree, it takes a bit too long to get there.

Also, am I alone in not really liking Amicia? Her monotone delivery paired with her lack of a personality made for a really boring journey whenever Hugo wasn't involved. I liked Hugo though, his "Mummy" never got old to me.

I enjoyed it for what it was, a Last of us-like with rats. Wish it was a bit more than that though. The next game should start you with all the abilities you had in the final act and build on that.

I thought the English VA was great. You could really feel the desperation in her voice yelling at the soldiers. She had to deal with a young sibling she didn't really know well and be the adult in the relationship. The entire young cast was surprisingly good.

Didn't really care for the Hugo stealth level. It was like the excellent Sherry RE2 Remake section, but went on forever.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's solid but it felt like a game leading to a sequel more than anything. I just hope they are willing to go full weird here and not just in rats

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I played it on game pass and burned through it in a way I don't play most games. I really want see what this team is doing next.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was solid but the rat gimmick was played out by the end.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I played the demo because the aesthetics and setting are fucking amazing but found the gameplay extremely stale and lame so I never ended up buying it.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I started this game yesterday and played it for a couple of hours. I have enjoyed what I have seen so far. The plot seems a bit trite so far though, with the inquisition in spiky armour.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I played it a little later than release but was very happy when I finally went through it. Exceeded my expectations and was in my top 5 last year. So good.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing it recently, it's a nice game. A bit slow-paced and shallow so far in terms of gameplay, but enjoyable and pretty enough to keep me going. I had to change the voice language though, the English with French accents thing they're going for was rough (along with the actual acting). I switched to French, much more pleasant and suitable experience.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
From an audiovisual level the game is untouchable - everything from the art direction, music and sound design is top tier. Turning off the UI and changing to French is the way to go and incredibly immersive. The most fun I had was really just playing it as a walking simulator, walking around looking at everything while soaking up the details and atmosphere.

The gameplay however was borderline poor. Basic, contrived "puzzles" where everything just feels a little bit too convenient. Ridiculous combat - killing fully armoured knights with a sling, really? Stealth wasn't horrible but it was just there and not challenging or deep at all. The combat and mechanics in the last 3 chapters got really annoying, by the end I just really wanted it go be over.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I'm currently playing it too (on Game Pass), and it's so so great. I'm only on chapter 6, but pacing has been absolutely perfect. Production values are also impressive. Barely feels like a AA game actually. Could actually become my GOTY (though I haven't played any of the real GOTY contenders).

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
It is definitely one of the best games of last year and I'll certainly check out any future games in this series

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
One of those games I played much later (on Game Pass in this case) and kicked myself for not getting it at launch.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Plague Tale is great! Really nice graphics, charming characters, and relatively forgiving stealth gameplay. I'm down for a sequel if they ever do one, I just hope they don't take the plot in a crazy direction given how the first game ended.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Easily one of the best games of last year, and Amicia is my favorite protagonist of 2019.

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The game was absolutely amazing.
I liked the second half less than the first half, but that's not saying a lot since the first half is batshit intense. The second half is just less intense and oppressive but very enjoyable.
The villain in the armor was badass and I loved Amicia as a character.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I hereby declare that topics about visuals without gifs should be banned.
OP, atone for your sins and post some of your favorite scenes.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to come in here and talk about how great this game was (except maybe for the utterly ridiculous ending) but that line about how MS has to buy them is weird as hell. Why would any of us care whether or not a studio would be good for Microsoft's portfolio?

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It looks stunning. Especially in photo mode when you can make it crisp clean. I took so many screenshots. The world building was also fantastic.
Some gameplay and writing was unfortunately not so great. Still enjoyed it

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I enjoyed it enough to finish it but the crafting is totally pointless and shouldn't be in the game and I would have liked more options. You basically have to do exactly what the devs wanted you to do at all times.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Enjoyed the hell out of this game. I understand some of the criticisms however in the end the characters, music and world made up for it. I thought the gameplay would wear on me early on but eventually most of it flowed better than expected. In a sequel I'd like to see a more dynamic sandbox with more player options to get through those scenarios. Didn't love everything they did with rats near the end but again on the whole, enjoyed the journey. Ironically I'm not a story over gameplay guy and rarely get carried through a game based on story however the pacing and way they were able to keep things moving from chapter to chapter kept me hooked. Easy to pick up and play a chapter or 2 a night.

Would've never purchased this game as the setting and type of gameplay didn't seem to be geared to me but tried it on Game Pass and will buy the sequel day #1.

Focus Hope recently getting my attention as a publisher. It's nice to play solid single player game experiences that don't take 10 to 15 hours of exploring game world systems to get going. Ain't got time for that. Hope these types of games keep having a place financially.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I will never understand people being so wowed by the graphics of a realistic styled game. To me (and I am reiterating that this is my dumb person with bad eyes I guess opinion), reality-inspired designs are always and forever in the uncanny valley. They will never, ever, ever look as good as real life and to me that always leaves me with this kinda flat, empty feeling no matter how high the fidelity is of what i'm looking at. Even fantasy-esque things with a realistic aesthetic like God of War 2018 just look bland to me.

I need stylisation. I feel like it's the only time that high res ever pops for me. Even with tv shows, I could happily watch a live-action show in 480p cause it's real life, my brain happily fils in the blanks no problem. But animated shows NEED the 1080+ to squeeze that gorgeous style-juice for all its worth.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Its alright. I'm just glad its not being shat upon for being too linear, cinematic 3rd person with a child companion that you have to protect. I've seen a certain vocal fanbase hate that kind of games with passion.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'am on the fifth chapter and it is very enjoyable, great characters, story and the graphics are surprisingly beautiful for a mid tier game.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
One of my favourite games last year. Just a really well told story, which allows it to get away with the slightly janky controls. I hope they try to make more games with such good storytelling in the future.