• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Fuuuuuck, I bought a Plague Tale and never played it.

Feelin buyers remorse right now.
I feel you. Game Pass gon' give it to you.

I'm tempted to experiment only playing GP games this year, and see how long the selection prevents me from buying a brand new game...anyone with better discipline/reason than me should be able to do this easily lol

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sweet. I really want to play Plague Tale and Children of Morta (played the demo). Already played Gris on Switch and really liked it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Children of Morta is the best rogue type I have played, don't sleep on it. I usually DESPISE these games as randomly generated areas feel cheap and lame as fuck but I enjoyed this a lot. I think the story helped.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Gris and Plagues Tale are really fucking good, have heard good things about CoM too, have to try it out

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I was buying children of morta at the weekend and plague was my next next game planned. Now I don't have to.

Keeps paying for itself! Love it.

Eddie Bax

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
I've finally internalized that between Epic's free games, Game Pass, Twitch's monthly games and the occasional freebie from GOG/Origin/Humble (not to mention PS+ outside the PC), there's basically no point buying a game unless I'm going to play it right then, 'cause odds are that before too long it'll be on one of those services. What a time to be alive.

Oct 27, 2017
A Plague Tale (my 2019 favorite game) and the so creative and beautiful Gris. 2 great adictions

Have played (and finished) already both on PC and they are gorgeus and so, so beatiful!

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Wow what a month! Two games that had an emotional impact on me. Everyone should check out A Plague Tale and Gris.

Drakhyrr

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Gotta give GamePass some attention after I finish my current game. It is so full of awesome and amazing.

And I missed a few games already for taking too long to play (Ashen comes to mind).

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Literally just bought these like a month ago; that's what I get for not waiting, lol. Oh well, what a fantastic bunch of games.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I beat Children of Morta on my laptop a while back and I thought it was an ok game, easy 7/10 imo.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
FUCK
I bought a plague tale on the latest steam sale
will try to refund it
Tempted to refund it but since I have to hex edit Plague to get it working in ultrawide I'll just stick with my purchase. Plus I already refunded it once anyways (cause at the time I realized I had no time to play it). I don't even think it's possible to modify games on the game pass. Those games really just need to work right out of the box for all PC configurations since we cant fix those games' .exe files to enable other aspect ratios.

Praying for the day all PC devs become aware that there's a small niche of gamers that run other aspect ratios besides 16:9 or they just all license an engine that already works right out of the box since they cant be trusted to do it right

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Games coming to Game Pass for Xbox and PC are usually announced separately. Just because these were announced for PC doesn't mean they're not coming to console GP as well.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Games coming to Game Pass for Xbox and PC are usually announced separately. Just because these were announced for PC doesn't mean they're not coming to console GP as well.
Yeah, I think Microsoft considers them separate services. The official announcement images on Twitter always show the specific platform IIRC.

It can be really confusing.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
A Plague Tale does not have hdr support on pc. So, no definitive version.
I hate when that happens.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Surprised at the love for A Plague Tale. It's a gorgeous game with a compelling enough storyline but as a game I find it somewhat mediocre. I think they could have done more with the mechanics as there are really good ideas there. Technically it is slightly disappointing on PC. No HDR, no ultrawide support without patching it during runtime. The name is iffy, did they really need that subtitle?

While this may sound harsh I still had a good time and have almost completed it after a couple of nights playing it so I would recommend playing it.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Gave Gris a try on Gamepass, but yeah, no. That wasn't a particulary enjoyable game, for me.
But that's the good thing with Gamepass, now I know that.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Plague Tale really blew me away. I think it might be might favorite 2019 game now. Can't wait for the sequel.