• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lorne Michaels-produced single-camera comedy A.P. Bio has been revived for a third season as the streaming platform's first half-hour original. The news comes more than a month after NBC canceled the comedy about a disgraced philosophy professor-turned-high school comedy after a two-season run. Glenn Howerton and Patton Oswalt star in the comedy from exec producers Michaels, Seth Meyers and showrunner Mike O'Brien.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Would have greatly preferred the Mick Season 3 but I'm okay with this.

Hopefully it doesn't fuck over Always Sunny again.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Weird.

How was season 2? I watched maybe half a dozen episodes from the first season and it was...it was okay. I think I did the show a disservice by comparing it to The Mick, which was far better (too bad no one picked that up, poor Jimmy).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? NBC cancelled the show and then their OWN streaming service picked it up? How confusing.

I hope they were able to keep the kids' actors on contract, because the show doesn't work without them.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
These upcoming streaming services not named Disney+ or Netflix, are in for a rude awakening imo. But time will tell.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This gets revived and yet Life in Pieces - the best sitcom recently on TV - is still dead.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Weird.

How was season 2? I watched maybe half a dozen episodes from the first season and it was...it was okay. I think I did the show a disservice by comparing it to The Mick, which was far better (too bad no one picked that up, poor Jimmy).
S2 was alright. The show ended with a cliffhanger though. Well as much as you can cliffhang with a show about a dumb ex-philosophy prof. turned bio teacher trying to get a book deal.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I love this show. So I will def. be watching! (On someone else's NBC account of course lol)

Season 2 was gnarly.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just give me a shortened summer season where the kids help Jack accept living in Toledo and then leave for college.

Tawantabe

Mar 20, 2019
Awesome news I hope we get everyone back, the opening of episode 9 season two kills me. Some streaming service needs to hurry up a resuscitate the mick now.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So It's Always Sunny is going to be mostly Dennis-free again this year, just so AP Bio can limp through its final season on a streaming-only service?

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Glad it's coming back, but I have no interest in subscribing to yet another streaming service. I watched this show on Hulu.

Nov 28, 2017
I'm glad for the people employed on the show.
I just didn't enjoy it at all, quit after the 5th episode, it was just too generic.
Glenn was great, but the writing was just regular sitcom fare.

And I see Mick mentioned. Now that was a great show, it's a shame they cancelled it after only 2 seasons.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So It's Always Sunny is going to be mostly Dennis-free again this year, just so AP Bio can limp through its final season on a streaming-only service?

I don't think so. I believe they are already working on Sunny 14 and Rob Mcelhenny admitted the show doesn't work without Dennis. My guess is they've figured out a way to schedule it this time.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get into the show starting with the pilot, but I randomly played Season 2 on Hulu and I'm loving it! Is it known to be much better? Should I go back to S1 somehow (it's not on Hulu)?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Weird.

I think it found better footing in season 2 since it broadened stories with more characters

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 was much improved by getting rid of his old rival and focusing on the kids more, I thought it was big improvement. I'm glad it's getting another shot with the stride it finally hit.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. I believe they are already working on Sunny 14 and Rob Mcelhenny admitted the show doesn't work without Dennis. My guess is they've figured out a way to schedule it this time.
Wikipedia says IASIP Season 14 has already started filming last month (with Glen directing episode 2). Since AP Bio only just got "renewed" I presume they will be done shooting IASIP before AP Bio goes back into production.

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 was really great, mostly due to the fact they brought more of the secondary characters to the forefront, especially Paula Pell .
If you fell off of the first season, or want to check out the show for the first time, seriously just do this, start at Season 2 episode 3. You won't be disappointed, and if you are, it's just not for you then.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Glad to see this, like the show. As others have said I wish the Mick could come back.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
The Netflix subscriber estimate miss is this afternoon is telling for this and the other to be released streaming platforms (other than D+ and Netflix)

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Underwhelming and bland first season, but it really grew on me. Season 2 was such an improvement, especially wrt the student characters. And the "cliffhanger" at the end of this season promised such a great direction for S3!

Congrats all around!

Hope it'll be the same for The Mick.

It's not dead, it's just
stuck in a coma forever ;~;

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I liked what the show was going for, but being a family show kind of held it back from being as funny as I think it could be if they could get away with a bit more risque humor. Something more along the lines of Kimmy Schmidt rather than Modern Family.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Looks like I know what I'll be using the inevitable free trial to watch.