• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
These are the games that are exclusive to the OG Xbox and the 360 I'd like to see made BC or 4K/FPS boost patched (wishful thinking in the case of racing games due to licensing issues):
- PGR 2-4#
- Jet Set Radio Future#
- RalliSport Challenge 2#
- DOA 3-4#
- Fable 2*
- Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon
- Gears of War 2*, 3* and Judgment
- Viva Piñata: TiP*, Kameo* and BK: N&B*
- Conker: L&R*
- Forza Horizon* and FH 2# (360 version)
- Forza Motorsport 4#
- Geometry Wars 2
- Boom Boom Rocket
- Ridge Racer 6#
- Too Human
- Trials HD
- BK and BT*
- Fuzion Frenzy 2#

* FPS boost. Already 4K/1440p.
# Not yet BC

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I really hope it's not just fps boost, because, on my 4k tv, i prefer a resolution boost than a fps boost.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
I still dont understand the lack of Ultimate Edition XB1X and X/S patch - especially as the game was trying to run at 60fps but I think was a bit short? If it was unlocked maybe it was fine on those consoles, but 4k would've been nice. I dont think the PC version of UE was that great (it ran pretty poorly for me personally) so having an upgraded version on Xbox would've been nice
It was 60fps only in multiplayer on XB1. The campaign was locked at 30, which is far from ideal. The thing is, they already showed the game running at 4K on Series X a year and a half ago. I've no idea why they're waiting so long to release a patch, hopefully with an FPS boost option.

I really hope it's not just fps boost, because, on my 4k tv, i prefer a resolution boost than a fps boost.
Hey, why not both?

Oct 27, 2017
Low key the fact that saves on Xbox work 99% flawlessly over 2 generations on xbox consoles cloud saves is incredible.
The fact that it can pull 360 cloud saves was a really surprising feature when they started the b/c program. I uploaded all my 360 saves years ago and I'm still surprised when I boot an old game and there's a save file from 14 years ago waiting for me.

Now going forward any b/c Xbox, 360, XBO and Series saves will go with us.

360 games getting FPS boost would be such a cool development. Sonic and Splinter Cell games being what I'm interested in.

I wonder if any OG Xbox games could get FPS boost. Chaos Theory.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
This list could be fpsboost related since all these games runs at 30fps.

Dead Space 2,3 ....because Dead Space 1 will be remake . Sonic Generation and Sonic Transformed was very popular to fpsboost request ....

I dont know if it will be the case but if its true , men , Xbox is at another level.
If they can frameboost the Sonic games I might triple dip on some of them

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not getting my hopes up too much about these updates being indicative of those specific titles getting Res/FPS boosts. Haven't quite a few BC 360 games gotten updates over the last year?

Oct 27, 2017
That JSRF post really plays with my emotions. If it becomes BC I will buy a Series X.

There are a lot of reasons it would be difficult to pull off, so I gave up hoping for it a long time ago.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Come on, Max Payne 3.

It's so fucking bleak and nihilistic and perfectly up my alley that I'd legit pay $30 for it if it's BC.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are the games that are exclusive to the OG Xbox and the 360 I'd like to see made BC or 4K/FPS boost patched (wishful thinking in the case of racing games due to licensing issues):
- PGR 2-4#
- Jet Set Radio Future#
- RalliSport Challenge 2#
- DOA 3-4#
- Fable 2*
- Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon
- Gears of War 2*, 3* and Judgment
- Viva Piñata: TiP*, Kameo* and BK: N&B*
- Conker: L&R*
- Forza Horizon* and FH 2# (360 version)
- Forza Motorsport 4#
- Geometry Wars 2
- Boom Boom Rocket
- Ridge Racer 6#
- Too Human
- Trials HD
- BK and BT*
- Fuzion Frenzy 2#

* FPS boost. Already 4K/1440p.
# Not yet BC

I mean some of the old Forza Games are b/c and playable as long as you have the discs.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
I mean some of the old Forza Games are b/c and playable as long as you have the discs.
Only the original Forza Horizon is. None of the rest (Motorsport 1-4 and Horizon 2 360) are. FM1 is BC on 360 only, but the performance is worse than on OG Xbox and the emulation has quite a few audio and video glitches.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Come on, Max Payne 3.

It's so fucking bleak and nihilistic and perfectly up my alley that I'd legit pay $30 for it if it's BC.

If they're gonna do MP3.

I hope they do what they did with FFXIII and import the higher resolution PC videos. Most of the games cut-scenes are video files and 720p on the 360.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm not getting my hopes up too much about these updates being indicative of those specific titles getting Res/FPS boosts. Haven't quite a few BC 360 games gotten updates over the last year?

I'm 100% sure Arx Fatalis is getting BC'd, so those updates could be just that (updates for emulation) or the real deal

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that no prominent xbox social media person(s) have discredited this so far is giving me some hope that there may be legitimacy.

If nothing else, just another batch of new 360 games is the bare minimum that I'll take as a 'win' here.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
The fact that no prominent xbox social media person(s) have discredited this so far is giving me some hope that there may be legitimacy.

If nothing else, just another batch of new 360 games is the bare minimum that I'll take as a 'win' here.
I don't think they normally comment on rumours and speculation, especially about BC.

I do think, however, that a limited BC batch is a given. If they announced FPS boosts for OG/360 titles that would be super neat.

If they're gonna do MP3.

I hope they do what they did with FFXIII and import the higher resolution PC videos. Most of the games cut-scenes are video files and 720p on the 360.
That was most probably a one-off, unfortunately.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Sonic Unleashed and Lost Odyssey patches for the Series S would make my month. I've been sitting on both waiting for an update. I know LO already has a stable framrate when it was first available on BC…but if we got a resolution bump. Yikes, might have to drop everything else I'm playing to visit Kaim again.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Unleashed and Lost Odyssey patches for the Series S would make my month. I've been sitting on both waiting for an update. I know LO already has a stable framrate when it was first available on BC…but if we got a resolution bump. Yikes, might have to drop everything else I'm playing to visit Kaim again.
Yeah, LO never got a res bump :(

At the very least the new consoles make all the battle and transition loads instant and it runs at a rock solid frame rate.

Kingsdna

Dec 18, 2020
The only thing holding me back from replaying Batman Arkham Knight is that there is no 60fps performance patch. WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN??!!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
If you redownloaded the game now, that 500~ MB update would already have been applied to it.

It's only a background update as of now. Whether it's just a routine update to the emulator, or a precursor to something else (that'll be revealed tomorrow) is not yet clear.
Has been ages since the last batch of FPS Boost, hope we get more soon.
Yes ! This is also as wanted as more BC games. Just Cause 4 would do great with an FPS boost

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy if Dead or Alive original Xbox games are turning BC. I didn't think I still had DOA3 until I found it next to my DOAU discs.

I'm also crossing my fingers but not holding my breath for RSC2.

And I'm also hoping for Lost Odyssey in 4K.

Nov 28, 2017
I hope as a gesture of goodwill, that they "unlock" the OG Xbox Emulator and let people play physical discs for the 20th Anniversary.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
I hope as a gesture of goodwill, that they "unlock" the OG Xbox Emulator and let people play physical discs for the 20th Anniversary.
The Xbox One/Series and the emulation simply can't work like that. Every game needs to be run from a sandbox, and the sandbox has no access nor control over what's on the DVD, it needs to be pre-prepared into a sandboxed XVD (Xbox Virtual Disk, basically a virtual hard-drive image which is loaded into the hyper visor). This image is also explicitly encrypted, you can't run them unsigned. If it's not apparent, no your console absolutely cannot self-sign a package.

Additionally, it's my understanding that parts of the emulation need to be pre-processed, such as shaders, which your console can't do itself.