• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
FDfANDWX0AACbI3
Looking at my Old Oblivion save on Game Pass , it's old enough to be in high school lol

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
There has to be some licensing issue holding Lost Odyssey back, right? It's an UE3 game so the bc team could probably update it in their sleep.

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Oh I hope something comes of this - there have been similar updates in the past but I'm not sure that there has been this many all at once.

Oct 27, 2017
The Sonic Generations patch borked the text when you're loading in a level lol
That's been broken for ages. I'm not sure if the 4k Xbox One X upgrade broke it, or if it was something else.

Someone else mentioned it happens on PC, I wonder if it's just a resolution or loading speed bug. Generations levels loaded really quickly, even on Xbox One.

Oct 29, 2017
This happens from time to time. Random titles get updated at random times. It has to do with the emulator.

That's not to say that we definitely won't get cool BC stuff next week... but this doesn't indicate anything.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Kameo was updated for me along with the others mentioned in the thread.

I have 382 installed games.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
That era of Sonic games (Unleashed, Generations, Racing Transformed) getting solid updates would be a big incentive for me to upgrade to a Series.

(I mean, like, the first opportunity I get at a Series X I'm gonna take, but I might go for an S or something)

Really hoping for some cool original Xbox titles though. Gunvalkyrie already seems possible which would be nice, but I'd like some other deep cuts too. I'm surprised a lot of the SNK ports from that era were never made BC, considering how easy SNK tends to be with licensing and the like.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If they've worked out how to push FPS Boost to pre-XBO titles, that's going to make a huge difference to games that never got a PC version (Gears 2/3 and Rare's output comes to mind).

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
But… why? It's a turn based rpg, with a bunch of text walls (the thousand dreams), the text is cleverly animated and whatnot, but do we need it it in 4k/60?
More fluidity of motion is never a bad thing in games. It's a turn-based RPG, sure, so there's no need for quick reflexes, but the camera still moves, characters still run around and do all sorts of animations, and seeing all that with two times more fluidity would definitely feel good.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Really hoping MS has worked out a way to simultaneously boost res and fps. Having to choose between 4k/30 and 720/60 isn't much of a choice

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
new vegas updated on my one x, too. doesn't the one x even run some bc games higher res than a series s?

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something here or what? People are ecstatic because someone saw a handful of BC games update? Not every BC game update means res or framerate bump. MS updates their BC emulator all the time and these updates could just be emulator update (maybe slight latency improvement, some other compatibility issues, bug fixes and such).

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Am I missing something here or what? People are ecstatic because someone saw a handful of BC games update? Not every BC game update means res or framerate bump. MS updates their BC emulator all the time and these updates could just be emulator update (maybe slight latency improvement, some other compatibility issues, bug fixes and such).
While all of that is very, VERY true (and is very likely in this situation), Microsoft is expected to unveil more Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games to become compatible on Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles on Monday afternoon. With all of that going on, some people are hoping that all of these updates for these Xbox 360 games might mean that Microsoft will implement their FPS Boost feature on them. I don't know (or expect) that to happen, but that won't stop everyone from speculating wildly.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Time to get some of those 360 games FPS boosted. Would be great if games that weren't previously enhanced at all like Dead Space 2 could hit both a high resolution and 60fps on Series S/X.

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
Wish they'd finally fix Oblivion so Auriel's Ascension will play. It's been almost sixteen years.

I really want FPS Boost on Sonic Unleashed/Generations/Transformed but that's been said a lot already.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man, who would have thought back in 2005 that 16 years later you'd still have access to most of the purchases you would ever make on the Xbox Live Marketplace AND that they'd still be updating the games you bought to fix bugs and enhance performance and graphics. The 360 has got some hella long legs.