• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Looks it's based on the graphic novel 'Sandcastle'?

X4oJJTG84Wy2tlbFLM0fvxUySs0BCFByoB3RGt8eIDg.jpg

OP
OP
THEVOID

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've never read the graphic novel before, any good?

No idea, never heard of it? He bought the rights on it a while back and sounds trippy.

www.indiewire.com

M. Night Shyamalan’s New Movie, ‘Old,’ Is Inspired by a Graphic Novel About Mysterious Aging

A French graphic novel featuring a "Twilight Zone"-esque riff on rapid aging forms the launchpad for Shyamalan's next film.

"Old" is inspired by the Pierre Oscar Lévy and Frederik Peeters graphic novel "Sandcastle." Published in 2010 it's an existential horror tale about mysterious and rapid aging occurring on a beach, where 13 people seem unable to leave. Shyamalan reportedly purchased the rights after he received "Sandcastle" as a Father's Day gift.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I actually like Glass very much, i don't know why people hate it so much....i guess they were expecting another Avengers or something.

Looking forward to this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
bold, im not sold as glass had me cold, im on hold, but i may fold if im told the plot is gold

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is he trying to pull off a Spike Lee Joint kinda thing with that New Trip from M. Night Shayamalan

Maximus2560

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
I actually like Glass very much, i don't know why people hate it so much....i guess they were expecting another Avengers or something.

Looking forward to this.
Well people like me, who didn't like it, expected a grand finale and world building but got anti climatic, boring, let's say everything is fake Asylum scenes.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well people like me, who didn't like it, expected a grand finale and world building but got anti climatic, boring, let's say everything is fake Asylum scenes.

Yeah, i guess it's all in the expectations.

Altough i went to see the film with the same expectations as everyone and i got surprised, in a good way.

Maybe it was not the grand final everyone was hoping, but it was a grand final alright. World building is certainly there.

What you call anti climatic, i tought it was really touching (Specially the end scene) and a fitting end for this set of characters.

I believe it is a matter of if you "get" the movie or not. With "get" i don't mean to say that people who did it are more smart than people who didn't liked the movie. It just means that we understand the intentions and vision of the director for this story, world and characters, personally it clicked with me.

The awesome thing about the movie is that it leaves open the posibility to expand this world, while at the same time closing these 3 character arcs in a very touching way.

Also the music is awesome.

Maximus2560

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
Yeah, i guess it's all in the expectations.

Altough i went to see the film with the same expectations as everyone and i got surprised, in a good way.

Maybe it was not the grand final everyone was hoping, but it was a grand final alright. World building is certainly there.

What you call anti climatic, i tought it was really touching (Specially the end scene) and a fitting end for this set of characters.

I believe it is a matter of if you "get" the movie or not. With "get" i don't mean to say that people who did it are more smart than people who didn't liked the movie. It just means that we understand the intentions and vision of the director for this story, world and characters, personally it clicked with me.

The awesome thing about the movie is that it leaves open the posibility to expand this world, while at the same time closing these 3 character arcs in a very touching way.

Also the music is awesome.

OP
OP
THEVOID

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Surprised he went back to film after his last 3 films have been digital.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
People in the SB thread were shitting on it but I'm intrigued, definitely gonna check it out

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good. I'll watch. But I'm doubtful it's coming to the theaters this summer.

Last edited:

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I just cant get excited for his premisses anymore, they dont go beyind the actual premisse.

Its never really a backdrop for an interesting social commentary, its just, literally, the premisse.

Will watch late night some time from now when theres nothing else on.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Looking forward to this.

It just felt very low-budget and hokey. The entire movie builds toward a confrontation at some special location (specifics escape me at the moment) but then it just turns into them rolling around in a parking lot.

It didn't live up to the promise set forth in Unbreakable and Split.