• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The biggest disappointments of this gen for me have been the lack of new iterations in my favourite franchises: Splinter Cell and TES. What a travesty...

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised King Yves greenlight Beyond Good and Evil 2 and not a new Splinter Cell.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Well that's extremely disappointing to hear. I feel like Ubisoft has led us on with all these references to believe that there definitely was one in development.

For instance, that Sam Fisher/Michael Ironside cameo in Ghost Recon. Was that really all for nothing? Dick thing to do if so.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's okay to let franchises die.

I loved Splinter Cell for what it was and thought Blacklist was the perfect Splinter Cell game.

Oct 27, 2017
Please God Ubi, give us something like a remastered collection. I would give almost anything to play classic spies vs mercs again...

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Missed their E3 conference last year and first thing I did was go on YouTube fully expecting to see the announcement trailer pop up.

Unbelievable if we get nothing this year again. I'm sure they'll bastardise the SP with an open world but they're the kings of tactical MP this gen, I'd love a new Spies vs Mercs.

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw the title of this thread I knew it was going to be that press sneak fuck Jason Schreier fucking spoiling shit like he does.

Not a spoiler

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't we see a Ubi dev posting on Twitter he was working on Splinter Cell just two weeks ago?

Oct 28, 2017
LALALALALNOTLISTENINGSPLINTERCELLISCOMINGLALALA

My expectation is that during the Ubi conference all the lights will go out and a guy in the goggles will start sneaking through the crowd on to the stage. That's how the game will be revealed.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't understand what exactly is so complicate about to develop a game like Chaos Theory as today. Really, I don't get it.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
It doesn't mean they're not actively looking at how to bring the IP back, it just means there's nothing greenlit and in pre-production yet.

They're certainly going to bring Splinter Cell back in the future.
Yes, it's too good/big a series to stay buried.
Also, Greenlit/Greenlight should be the official subtitle of the next Spinter Cell game.

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif
Sorry

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Poor Clint Hocking. Will he ever ship a game again?

Even though he's on Watch Dogs Legion, I feel like him and Michel Ancel would be much better suited to studios that allow them to fully explore their creative vision. Ubisoft seems so much more concerned with following formula that all of their best IPs end up falling by the wayside (see Rayman, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia).

Well that's extremely disappointing to hear. I feel like Ubisoft has led us on with all these references to believe that there definitely was one in development.

For instance, that Sam Fisher/Michael Ironside cameo in Ghost Recon. Was that really all for nothing? Dick thing to do if so.

I wonder whether the devs behind those games (Ghost Recon) push for these cameos as a way to generate excitement amongst fans and in the studio in the hopes that studio execs will greenlight a new entry in the franchise. I don't know why else they'd torture fans like this :(

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There's no way you put Sam Fischer in Wild Lands, with Ironside and not working on a new Splinter Cell.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
I think let them experiment with the wildlands formula more until people are ready for that more focussed approach.

Hitman has some breathing room and ubisoft can learn a lot from it for the next gen of splinter cell, then it can iterate on the chaos theory formula.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It must be hard for them to carve out a niche for the series.

The answer is Ground Zeroes meets Hitman, Ubisoft. A stealth arena, pick your drop point, pick your gear and go. Do side-ops for information and equipment. Do you go in a ghille suit to traverse over land, or a swimming suit with a rebreather to access a facility through the tunnels?

Ah, they'll just make single-player Ghost Recon.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why they make Steep and 2 The Crews game but not this. They got the perfect formula with Blacklist too.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Jason Schreier, I swear to god, he is the grinch version of E3! First he spoils all the games and then he goes out of his way to twist the knife and smear some salt over it. SCHREIERRRRR!!!! StarWarsGuyYellingIntoMic.jif /s

On a more serious note, didn't the CEO tell us in an interview that they still don't know how to bring it back? Seems like they think the past entries didn't work out that well and now look into how to start with a fresh, new concept.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
LALALALALNOTLISTENINGSPLINTERCELLISCOMINGLALALA

My expectation is that during the Ubi conference all the lights will go out and a guy in the goggles will start sneaking through the crowd on to the stage. That's how the game will be revealed.

That would be so fucking cheesy but I'd love it.

And then the lights come on, and it's revealed that the guy sneaking around the whole time was actually Michael Ironside clutching an almost empty bottle of bourbon.

Jun 4, 2019
At best, you'll get a $20 2D stealth side-scroller similar to Mark of the Ninja. AAA stealth games don't cut it for GaaSsoft.

Shozuki

Mar 5, 2018
honestly I wouldn't trust current Ubi with Splinter Cell anyway. It would just be some open map with busy work and monetisation.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
FUCK.

Well there goes my prediction out the window (XBOX launch exclusive reveal).

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
There should be no reason what so ever this franchise doesn't have a another sequel in the making. This GAAs stuff has messed up gaming a lot for games like this. smh