• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoughBoi

May 7, 2019
They haven't made it because they don't know how to monetize a game like Chaos Theory. That's the gameplay the hardcore fans want.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Best to save it for full next-gen development. I want a ray tracing based dynamic lighting system that blows me away like the original did.

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft can kick rocks if there's no Splinter Cell announcement. I won't purchase another Ubisoft game until one does. 3 years of rumors is one thing, but now it's just torture.

Nov 8, 2017
Can we at least get a remaster of Blacklist then?

Even the PC version is kind of rough for a 2013 game. It can't cope with non-native resolutions properly and keeps trying to go to windowed mode whenever you boot it up. Not an issue for most PCs but if you try to run it on something like a Surface Pro that can handle it decently at 720p, but not at the full native resolution, then it's a big pain.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft has themselves to blame if people are upset over this. They sure made it seem like one was in the works.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Article is misleading, and does not accurately represent what Jason said.

Jason STRESSED in the podcast that his sources said they had not heard anything about a Splinter Cell game, but that did NOT mean it was not in development at all. He said, if anything, it could mean that it's just not LATE into development, i.e. coming any time soon.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
This really doesn't make any sense. Were it not for Far Cry, Splinter Cell would be Ubisoft's flagship title. They choose to develop a follow-up to Ghost Recon Wild Lands, which damn near nobody asked for, but have sat on their laurels and done nothing this gen to work on the next installment in a franchise that saw its last entry celebrated as one of last gen's best titles by press and gamers alike.

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
A lot of you are quoting ZhugeEX "hmmmm" comment. Can anyone tell who he is and why is everyone excited by that comment?

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can we at least get a remaster of Blacklist then?

C'mon over to Xbox One X, we have it in 4K over here! Still plays like a dream, that and Conviction look like whole new games in 4K (especially since their original resolution was practically SD).

Edit: Just look at this wizardry! It's made waiting on a sequel much easier.

BnmuOWe.jpg

Last edited:

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
well, it would be action-stealth or whatever you call it anyway.

I don't think anyone is making a pure stealth AAA game ever again.

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
Fools why would Jason leak it if there was no reason to?

He's doing his part to keep the hype alive.
If you say he's doing his part to keep the hype alive, why doesn't he just remain silent about it instead of telling us there won't be a new splinter cell anytime soon. A lot of gaming websites are reporting this and it's making the fans disappointed in the process, what does he gain from it?

Oct 25, 2017
If you say he's doing his part to keep the hype alive, why doesn't he just remain silent about it instead of telling us there won't be a new splinter cell anytime soon. A lot of gaming websites are reporting this and it's making the fans disappointed in the process, what does he gain from it?
Schadenfreude maybe?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Splinter Cell is a series that I would like to see take advantage of something like ray tracing. I think a new game on the next generation of consoles is more likely at this point.

Also, I didn't realise it had been 6 years already since Blacklist. It has been too long.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Uta6Uz3.gif

Gabe's gone, Snake's gone, and now Sam's gone.

I turn thirty next week.

End of an era.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Splinter Cell is a series that I would like to see take advantage of something like ray tracing. I think a new game on the next generation of consoles is more likely at this point.

Also, I didn't realise it had been 6 years already since Blacklist. It has been too long.
A 2D top down Splinter Cell that they outsourced is on its way and then we'll get a next gen traditional Splinter Cell. I'd bet on it.