• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
yR9Ma5l.png

The above comes from a petition (whoa, a petition worked? kinda/sorta?) started to prove to Analogue the demand was there for another run. Maybe just a happy coincidence and they planned this for ages, but whatever. I know this had been discussed in the Analogue Pocket thread, but hooray for more visibility.

I've been kicking myself for months since I missed out on the Nt not once but twice, waffling as I already have an NESRGB-modded original system. After the Super Nt and the Mega Sg, though, I won't make that mistake a third time. I suspect I'm not the only one.

HOORAY!

EDIT - Feb 28 2020
AVAILABLE NOW
www.analogue.co

Nt Mini Noir

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Oh neat. I'm more than happy with my RetroUSB AVS, so I won't need one of these myself, but I'm glad more are being produced for the folks that want 'em.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The Nt Mini is one of my favorite things, and I'm glad more people will get a chance to own one.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Report your OP and in the report ask for a title change. Also, this is why I was waiting to start this thread. No point until we actually get some news.
It is new news, though, and the Analogue Pocket thread wasn't really the place for it. But thank you for the info on how to make the update!

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I thought it was just news that's coming.

*Edit: The tweet literally says that they'll have news, not that a new run is coming this month.

*Edit 2: I see you've already found out. Just flag your thread and request a title change in the flag.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was just news that's coming.

*Edit: The tweet literally says that they'll have news, not that a new run is coming this month.
Yes, I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my title and have asked the mods to correct it. It should've read

"A new run of the Analogue Nt Mini is coming soon; news THIS MONTH!"

ULlmOv0.png

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if they'll make it HDMI only to lower the cost, now that the DAC is out.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you mods! Still very pumped to hopefully get a chance to finally own one of these bad boys. Will look awesome next to my clear Super Nt and White Mega Sg!
I wonder if they'll make it HDMI only to lower the cost, now that the DAC is out.
Could very well be! Was the mini plastic as well? I know the original Nt was aluminum which drove up the cost a ton.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Good news but I really hope they redesign the system so it is more consistent with the current Super NT and Mega SG designs, with a similar price point.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you mods! Still very pumped to hopefully get a chance to finally own one of these bad boys. Will look awesome next to my clear Super Nt and White Mega Sg!

Could very well be! Was the mini plastic as well? I know the original Nt was aluminum which drove up the cost a ton.
NT Mini was also aluminum.

May sell my original NT and get this.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's hard to imagine anything changing other than the shell material. Anything else would require substantial reengineering as the FPGA in that platform and the newer HDMI systems are different enough that cores have to be ported.

I used to really want a reissue but MiSTer has gone so much further that I don't really care any more. The NT Mini scanlines are really bad. Most of the jailbreak cores have bugs. And so on.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping for a new Analogue NT that's more in line with their recent offerings. Plastic case that isn't $500. I want it noooww!

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm really hoping for a new Analogue NT that's more in line with their recent offerings. Plastic case that isn't $500. I want it noooww!

Don't worry, they may sell you an Analogue 8 with superior scanlines etc, based on the SNT/MSG platform, after you buy the NT Mini reissue.

But seriously folks, an NT Mini reissue is going to have *exactly* the same guts as the original.

Godai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news, only one I don't have yet, and I regret never getting it. After recent eBay listings went for over $1,000 I was starting to lose hope.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Is the mini really that great? Why wouldn't I just pre order the polymega and play the waiting game on it? If it's really the best way to play my old nes games now then I may highly consider it.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is the mini really that great? Why wouldn't I just pre order the polymega and play the waiting game on it? If it's really the best way to play my old nes games now then I may highly consider it.

Apples, meet oranges. On top of that, Polymega hasn't shipped anything while burning through preorder cash, and is still an unproven quantity.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
The NT mini will be a far more accurate recreation. It's not perfect (as Beer Monkey said, the scanlines aren't perfect, so if that's a consideration for you (it isn't for me personally) weigh it accordingly), but for all intents and purposes it plays every NES/Famicom game perfectly with zero lag, a feat only shared by an actual NES/Famicom and a Mister. A Polymega comparatively would have more minor trade offs concerning accuracy and latency on par with your common emulators.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
They came back this week.

Thanks for letting me know! My pre-order is in...

I'm as interested in the Polymega as anyone, after the videos RGB Bob and John. But I'm still a bit skeptical on the compatibility, and it doesn't help that the fine print reads, "Games listed here have been tested for a minimum of 5 minutes and were found to be free of obvious bugs or defects". That doesn't instill a lot of confidence for me.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The Analogue NT Mini can rip NES carts to an SD card & play them that way if you use the official unofficial firmware, right? Given how fragile NES carts are (and my primarily digital library on other systems), I'd rather just read them once and then play them digitally than have to switch carts whenever I want to switch games.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
The Analogue NT Mini can rip NES carts to an SD card & play them that way if you use the official unofficial firmware, right? Given how fragile NES carts are (and my primarily digital library on other systems), I'd rather just read them once and then play them digitally than have to switch carts whenever I want to switch games.
Yes, as well as sram data so you can rescue save data if by chance they have survived.

Deleted member 5956

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but for all intents and purposes it plays every NES/Famicom game perfectly with zero lag, a feat only shared by an actual NES/Famicom and a Mister. A Polymega comparatively would have more minor trade offs concerning accuracy and latency on par with your common emulators.

The MiSTer NES core was heavily dependent on Mesen and other open source documentation to get to it's current level of accuracy, the very same emulator that Polymega are using. So if you have a problem with a game in Mesen via the Polymega, chances are that will be replicated in the MiSTer core too.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As much as we all wanted that, more in-line with there recent products wouldn't be a new run of the Nt Mini. It would be a new product.