• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
It's on Game Pass. Shit, why not give it a spin?

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I was hype but the silence around it had me concerned. But it'a on GP. Why not try it?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it an FPS? Because literally nothing matters less to me than what the main character looks like in a first person shooter.

I just don't care about military man protags on a general level. If it's just about a modern American soldier doing modern American soldier things I'm just instantly not interested.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It didn't even the single player downloaded for me, not sure how to obtain that. The multiplayer is absolutely abysmal. It's the awful controls. Deleted.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It not being great is the least surprising thing ever, considering the complete silence on it from Microsoft.

It plays/looks the exact same as the awful beta from 2 years ago. There's no options to mess with the aiming other than sensitivity. I hope the campaign doesn't feel like that, cuz woof. Again, no idea how to DL the free Game Pass campaign.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
MP is literally CSGO. Maybe oesn't play well with controllers.

It plays awful on controllers. There's a giant dead zone or insane acceleration (or both) going on. It genuinely feels terrible. I died and was watching a teammate and he couldn't aim for shit. I suspect this game will be dead within a month.

If it supports kb/m on console, play it that way.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
This is legit the most confused I think I've ever been by trying to download something.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
It didn't even the single player downloaded for me, not sure how to obtain that. The multiplayer is absolutely abysmal. It's the awful controls. Deleted.

Did you grab the version that's Free on Game Pass? It's confusing as fuck as that version literally references the Remedy campaigns and says it had single player but I think you might actually have to get the Ultimate Edition to get the campaigns.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Did you grab the version that's Free on Game Pass? It's confusing as fuck as that version literally references the Remedy campaigns and says it had single player but I think you might actually have to get the Ultimate Edition to get the campaigns.

Yeah, it was the Founder's Pack, but that only gave me the MP. I'm sure someone will figure it out lol

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It plays awful on controllers. There's a giant dead zone or insane acceleration (or both) going on. It genuinely feels terrible. I died and was watching a teammate and he couldn't aim for shit. I suspect this game will be dead within a month.

If it supports kb/m on console, play it that way.

That teammate might be me lol, the controls really suck. So if any of you find comfortable settings, please do share.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its worth a download. I look forward to impressions - Remedy alone has me interested and what little weve seen of campaign looked at least decent, like a reimagined Black.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
gif.gif

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
First half doesn't seem to be available on GP yet. Downloaded the main client though and man, the fucking UI is like a freemium mobile game. Yuck.

Deadzones are fucking massive too.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
So the 50gb install i did... does not include the campaigns? Guess I wont be playing this until tomorrow then. Such a stupid way of doing it

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well I was hoping after playing the beta what like 1.5 years ago it would be better by release.

Guess I won't be in any hurry to try it.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly the aiming in this game is super turbo bad. It's all floaty, I can't seem to fix this with the limited options the game provides.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Managed to get the aiming to a somewhat acceptable place but it's still a bit odd there's been so little improvement to this stuff almost a full year since the beta.

And the lack of maps in particular is gonna make this get real old real fast.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck it, bought the Ultimate Edition.

I have zero interest in the multiplayer. I just want to play a new Remedy work.

I'll just forgo the Friday night Dominos order this week lol.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Easy 1000G, you just have to endure 100 matches (or 50 if you win them all) lmao.

I can't play with this aiming, it's pure ass. Maybe the campaign will be worth the trouble lol.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
I think you might have gotten the campaigns too. I downloaded it before it was released via Android app and it's just 8GBs, lol.

I went to play them and it said I hadn't downloaded them so now I am doing that. Really crap way of doing it whichever way you go about it, I appreciate some people prefer/like MP, but I dont. Making me jump through hoops is just a sure-fire way to annoy me

Status
Not open for further replies.