• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't know looks like a mindless fun COD style campaign that may have a decent story because of Remedy.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
It's Remedy so of course I am hyped even if the campaigns are like bite sized experiences. This gives me Black + Max Payne + Crysis vibes.

XDup0oz.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

CrossfireX - Remedy Entertaiment

Remedy Entertainment are in charge of creating the single-player campaign for CrossfireX and bringing years of Crossfire lore to life. In CrossfireX, you will be immersed in a sprawling global conflict between Global Risk and Black List, two of the world’s most formidable private military...

CrossfireHD, developed by Smilegate Entertainment and published by Tencent in China, features a single-player story mode developed by Remedy Entertainment.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017

CrossfireX - Remedy Entertaiment

Remedy Entertainment are in charge of creating the single-player campaign for CrossfireX and bringing years of Crossfire lore to life. In CrossfireX, you will be immersed in a sprawling global conflict between Global Risk and Black List, two of the world’s most formidable private military...

So the reason PC isn't getting it is because the HD game is China only? Sure...

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I'm confused, it's being reported that the campaign is 3 hours long but Easy Allies claimed it took them 5 hours just for the demo build:

youtu.be

CrossfireX - Hands-On Preview - Shades of Black

Remedy is preparing a single-player title in the Crossfire universe, and Huber goes hands-on with a couple early missions. Coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series...

Stated just after the 5 minute mark. So which is accurate? They keep stressing that it's a lengthy campaign...

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So I'm confused, it's being reported that the campaign is 3 hours long but Easy Allies claimed it took them 5 hours just for the demo build:

youtu.be

Remedy is preparing a single-player title in the Crossfire universe, and Huber goes hands-on with a couple early missions. Coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series...

Stated just after the 5 minute mark. So which is accurate? They keep stressing that it's a lengthy campaign...
Are those Crossfire X map environments?
Because I am getting a lot of Quantum Break and Control vibes from them.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I had absolutely no idea this was coming out tomorrow honestly even among all the releases happening this month. Doesn't seem like Microsoft cares that much either if there's like no marketing push behind it.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry, I'm confused again lol.

So the MP is free to play on Game Pass but the campaign isn't, and you have to purchase the Ultimate Edition to get access to that?

It's the only version I can see that references the campaign and Remedy.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I'm confused again lol.

So the MP is free to play on Game Pass but the campaign isn't, and you have to purchase the Ultimate Edition to get access to that?

It's the only version I can see that references the campaign and Remedy.
Full MP is free to play
SP has two campaigns really. Both are inlcluded in the utlimate edition thing
If you have gamepass you get access to one of the campaigns

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I commend Smilegate for going with Remedy, good choice, but I am skeptical of what even Remedy could accomplish with the story and identity of this licensed generic military mercenary stuff, but I think it could very well be a fun actionfueled thrillride to play. That I won't play because only Xbox.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I commend Smilegate for going with Remedy, good choice, but I am skeptical of what even Remedy could accomplish with the story and identity of this licensed generic military mercenary stuff, but I think it could very well be a fun actionfueled thrillride to play. That I won't play because only Xbox.

Huber at Easy Allies said aspects of the story was very Sam Lake, so I'm hoping that's true...

Oct 27, 2017
youtu.be

Feels like something that came out during the 360 generation trying to get the COD marketshare.

I cannot imagine what is the audience for this game. If it was multiplatform, promoting the F2P component, maybe. As the Xbox exclusive, dafaq is the plan?

Oct 27, 2017
People should adjust expectations for this.

These "campaigns" are basically bonus content for a CrossfireX multiplayer battle pass. They aren't full length games. Supposedly each "campaign" is about 1.5-2 hours.

Short isn't a bad thing, I love bite sized games. It's just, don't expect Control. This is a little side thing.
That's actually cool, smaller content isn't a bad thing especially with gamepass as an option.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Huber at Easy Allies said aspects of the story was very Sam Lake, so I'm hoping that's true...
Very well might be. What the heck do I know. I'm just some fucking guy.

It just doesn't seem like the most compelling IP to start off with. As I understand it there's basically just the barebones of two mercenary factions. But that's also the point of this campaign, to create lorecanon, flesh out what Crossfire is, to try to make it compelling. To what extent it will succeed I think will depend a lot on Smilegate's direction. Because I certainly have faith in Remedy's ability.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like something that came out during the 360 generation trying to get the COD marketshare.

I cannot imagine what is the audience for this game. If it was multiplatform, promoting the F2P component, maybe. As the Xbox exclusive, dafaq is the plan?

Eh, it looks better than pretty much any other SP FPS released for $25 and comes with bonuses for MP so I think that's the point. I'm in the audience for that.

That said, I'm not a fan of it being exclusive, unless MS' involvement is what got the SP added in the first place. Personally I'm excited to check it out but I'm not expecting it to go toe-to-toe with COD for the price. Just a few hours of fun is okay with me.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

This looks like the campaign has some of the same appeal as F.E.A.R. or Quantum Break (with the obvious CoD/BF stylings), and it also has the F2P competitive shooter side. That military shooter core + a twist is one of the biggest audiences out there. If anything, I'd bet the campaign is intended to draw in more people than MP would on its own. Probably best not to overthink it.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
This whole thing is baffling to put it mildly.

CrossfireX and Crossfire HD are the same game, technically. Different release packages meant for different regions.

* Crossfire HD for China and surrounding countries / regions.
* CrossfireX for the rest of the world.

Remedy are doing a singleplayer narrative campaign game that would be included in both packages. It is an entirely separate game. Runs on a different tech than either of the above. Think the Medal of Honor reboot where the MP was done in Frostbite and the SP was done in Unreal. Here the MP game (X or HD, whatever you call it depends on your region) is done in Unreal whereas the SP game is done in Northlight.

On Game Pass you get access to 1/2 of the story. To get the full story, you have to buy the game on Xbox.
The MP is free to play.

Hopefully that clears up some things.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
CrossfireX and Crossfire HD are the same game, technically. Different release packages meant for different regions.

* Crossfire HD for China and surrounding countries / regions.
* CrossfireX for the rest of the world.

Remedy are doing a singleplayer narrative campaign game that would be included in both packages. It is an entirely separate game. Runs on a different tech than either of the above. Think the Medal of Honor reboot where the MP was done in Frostbite and the SP was done in Unreal. Here the MP games (X and HD) are done in Unreal whereas the SP game is done in Northlight.

On Game Pass you get access to 1/2 of the story. To get the full story, you have to buy the game on Xbox.
The MP is free to play.

Hopefully that clears up some things.

But it still does not explain why there is no PC version at all outside of China.

Why is something like this Xbox only?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely check it out. Hell, I may have even purchased it to do so. But from what I am reading if I dig Part 1 of the campaign sounds like I need to purchase Part 2, which I am more than okay doing.

I may even check out the MP although I usually do not care about it.

General Zod

Oct 27, 2017
Remedy's always been an interesting developer so I'll give this first FPS campaign by them a looksie on Game Pass.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Not usually interested in the genre, but trailers looked good and Gamepass, so

But I wonder why they have been so silent about it

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Im intrigued.
Remedy out of their 3rd person psychological thriller comfort zone...
Might be amazing or meh but Im all for it!

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a bland, work-for-hire job from what we've seen of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it has the signature Remedy quirkiness that makes their games appealing (to me at least).

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Still no update? Xbox Series X version is 7,8GB on my console, but i see this in the Store:

FLLtGrxXoAATfxn

Nothing happens when I press the install button.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Will check out the game pass included campaign, sure

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'm gonna try it at least but only because Remedy is working on the single-player.

That's all I have to say 'bout that...

Status
Not open for further replies.