• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I am genuinely curious. I thought it would be some DLC or merging of TF1 and 2 into a F2P MP or something.

A "twist" kinda throws that out of whack. I dont think they would do a card game or RTS or anything too niche, EA would never bankroll something like that. And I dont think franchise fans would buy that either.

It is gonna be a shitstorm if it is a Mobile game though. :D

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Maybe... maybe they're going to do a stealth release of a Titanfall 3 esque singleplayer game ? Like with Apex Legends ? ... :D

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just glad they're actually making a Titanfall game as well. I would've loved a proper sequel to 2 with a meaty campaign, but I'll take a multiplayer only shooter as well! I hope they manage to integrate crossplay into it so the population on the PC doesn't dwindle like it did with 2.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Can't help be cynical and assume "twist" means something that is not going to satisfy the traditional TF fanbase.

I hope to be wrong, but after Apex, I'm not optimistic.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Mechwarrior but instead of the mechs from the Mechwarrior universe it is titans from Titanfall.

It'd be a "twist" in that you're only controlling/piloting mechs, mech combat, etc with no out of mech things.

Quote this later this year when it becomes true

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Mechwarrior but instead of the mechs from the Mechwarrior universe it is titans from Titanfall.

It'd be a "twist" in that you're only controlling/piloting mechs, mech combat, etc with no out of mech things.

I can see that. Would make sense for their "Shooter" team to work on it as well. Would still a bummer imo, since I think the Pilot and Titan interplay are the best aspects of Titanfall.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Already beat you to it, sorry :^)
Honestly doubt it'll be single player when they're releasing a big single player game this year.
Probably mech focused multiplayer to compensate the soldier focused multiplayer that just came out.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
This time, the robots get inside of you.

giphy.gif

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Titan Battle Royale

or

PilotFall, you play as a Titan who can call down Pilots

gnoclaude

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hopefully their VR game for Oculus. I haven't heard about it being cancelled so something is cooking.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Puyo Puyo Titanfall

Every time you die in the regular Titanfall multiplayer you have to score a bunch of points in Puyo Puyo before you can respawn. If you build up a big combo you can respawn immediately with a titan. Arle finally gets to shoot people with an shotgun

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Calling it as a shooter where you play as Titans with pilot mobility and Smart Pistols.
Just have Tone double jump a building while Scorch wallruns across a dam.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
If the twist is "no more Titans" than I want nothing to do with it. I'd like to be proven wrong but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm glad actual Titan Fall still potentially has a future but it remains to be seen if it'll be a good one.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Respawn has got to be the most productive studio on the face of the earth. Like, Apex Legends, Star Wars, and this all in one year. And they've made games in 2-3 years consistently and of a high quality since their inception if you count when Vince Zampella and Jason West were at Infinity Ward. Absolutely insane.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Match 3 runner clicker lets go!!!

Curious what twist it can be with Apex just being released.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Can we just get some titan only kinda game. I'd love to have a mechwarrior kinda mech game that's fast paced. It would be fun. There's not a ton of those. : (

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
tactics game confirmed???

into the breach
into the brEAch
EA

follow the money