• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but the continued harrasment of a critic (and a woman no less, I wonder why...) on multiple platforms ranks pretty high on my list of things that I would consider to be toxic.

Last edited:

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking...C'mon Synder...really pushing the little bit of good will I have for him and this project.

tenor.gif

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but the continued harrasment of a critic (and a woman no less, I wonder why...) on multiple platforms is ranks pretty high on my list of things that I would consider to be toxic.

But you don't get it. She said mean stuff about Snyder. She might have hurt his feewings. She obviously deserved those countless death and rape threats, right residentgringo?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Green Lantern is trending due to this: He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans' minds.

I want it to be Orion as he is the most fitting DC hero ever for Snyder´s oeuvre but I won´t be getting that lucky I fear. Unless I get my sequels. I further have good reason to believe it won´t be a (human) GL. Lock me down for Carrie Kelley as the film could close on a Knightmare and she was always an end goal for his Batman who is the film´s protagonist. The writer could have made the mistake to not know that Martian Manhunter has been known for at least 2 years and he is introduced in the first act on top of that. Yet there is always the possibility of an error on VF´s part.

Edit: This too is a takeaway. I agree but urgh. The VF piece has its edges but Snyder needs a better class of reporters. The VF article isn´t what people think it is. Well, enough of it. READ IT. Snyder even comes down on toxic fans towards the end. Those exist too. I will never deny that.
www.indiewire.com

Warner Bros. Executive Slams Joss Whedon’s ‘Justice League’ Cut: ‘Stupefying’ and ‘Piece of Sh*t’

The anonymous executive tells Vanity Fair that nobody at Warner Bros. wanted to admit how horrible Whedon's "Justice League" came out.

Last edited:

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I thought Joker saying 'we live in a society' in ZSJL trailer was the peak, but nope, here it is. Well, no one's gonna top that.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Joker Jesus is some great shit, the rare edgelord nonsense that might manage to totally work

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn't just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. "Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction," says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director's tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. "I don't get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans," says Donaldson. "I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level." Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote by Sean. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked (there is an "official" #) and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Cathy Yan Talks About 'Dead Pigs' Finally Coming To The U.S. & The Challenges Working On 'Birds Of Prey'

Over the course of only two feature films, Cathy Yan has already amassed an interesting journey for any filmmaker. From beginning on a critically acclaimed Sundance award-winning film, “Dead Pigs,” which was sitting on the shelf for three years to then moving to a massive superhero film like...
So her take is bullshits all around. RIP her inbox. At least she will get to call us toxic again when she is called out. Well played?

Edit: As if I will write her. But sure. Never check sources. Look at the 2015 date btw. She was at it before there was a fan movement for anything. Even BvS still had to come out. She helped to create her own narrative. Almost impressive! Well, she got clicks and made it into a key Snyder article as the "other side".
the absolute fuck is wrong with you.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
What a genius troll.

Can't be mad at this ballsy MF.

Oct 25, 2017
ffs. What makes people react so venomously over Leto Joker and Snyder criticism.

I don't understand for Leto because the dude is a piece of shit, but with Snyder I kinda understand. Snyder has some very shitty opinions regarding comic book characters and films. Stuff like Batman getting raped in prison, Martha being the lynchpin of BvS, etc.

But Snyder himself doesn't seem like a bad guy. I think a lot of people do sympathize with him because of what occurred in his personal life that removed him from JL, and a common problem with people discussing media on the internet is a lot of people treat the quality of ones work as the quality of ones character. I genuinely do not like Snyder's films and I think JL is gonna be a mess. But some people really, really really hate Snyder as a person which is why people who might be sympathetic to him react so strongly to people who go out of their way to mock him.

There is also the thing where because of Nolan's Batman trilogy, some people are dead convinced that DC is mature storytelling and think there is a genuine conspiracy with Marvel, when the reality is a lot of people really don't like the Snyder movies. So I think some of the venom comes from that, which is inherently stupid.

While I will probably dislike the final product, I think it's still admirable that Snyder is getting some closure with this thing.

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn't just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. "Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction," says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director's tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. "I don't get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans," says Donaldson. "I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level." Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote by Sean. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked (there is an "official" #) and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Cathy Yan Talks About 'Dead Pigs' Finally Coming To The U.S. & The Challenges Working On 'Birds Of Prey'

Over the course of only two feature films, Cathy Yan has already amassed an interesting journey for any filmmaker. From beginning on a critically acclaimed Sundance award-winning film, “Dead Pigs,” which was sitting on the shelf for three years to then moving to a massive superhero film like...
So her take is bullshits all around. RIP her inbox. At least she will get to call us toxic again when she is called out. Well played?

Edit: As if I will write her. But sure. Never check sources. Look at the 2015 date btw. She was at it before there was a fan movement for anything. Even BvS still had to come out. She helped to create her own narrative. Almost impressive! Well, she got clicks and made it into a key Snyder article as the "other side".

XPLv45P.png

This you? You don't have to be around us "Bigots" if you don't want to y'know.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
You know. In general I am cool on Snyder (his work has been diminishing over the years although I think not to the level people portray when dunking on him) so I never really planned on giving this a watch. But these two parts of the article won me over.

At a time of stories of abusive creators, Snyder is an anomaly. Even executives who were sometimes at odds with him agree that he's genuinely nice. "I'd be stronger than that," says Silverman. "He's a wonderful guy and fostered a wonderful working environment on his sets. He really valued the crew. He valued his cast."

Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."

So im in on day one; kinda sad that I feel that supporting a 'nice person who's trying to create new things' regarding batman and superman for a billion dollar corp feels like a fucking political stand in 2021, but here we are.

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
(I am banned on Gaf 2.0 for supporting Greta Thunberg, specifically her feminist activism. It was a targeted troll against that sites admit. Look it up. But me not being a fan of Era is true and has been stated by me again and again on this very site. YTers hating YT but using the platform is a thing. Applies to me with Era, I guess.)

The good parts of the VF piece are doing their job. Nice.

Edit: For the record. The Snyder fans I have the most problems with are those who turned their backs at Ray in the middle of 2020. Who just wanted to see the SV restored no matter what. Who told him to shut up. Big yikes.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The thing is, I'm not remotely surprised, and this is looking to be the exact type of garbage I've always expected. For those that like this stuff, they'll be getting Snyder at his purest as an all-you-can-eat buffet, and for those who don't enjoy it, none of this was ever going to be palatable.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
(I am banned on Gaf 2.0 for supporting Greta Thunberg and her feminist activism especially. It was a targeted troll against that sites admit. Look it up. But me not being a fan of Era is true and has been stated by me again and again on this very site.)

Anyway, the good parts of the VF piece are doing their job. Nice.

Even if I still make some light fun of his work sometimes, Snyder seems to be a genuine nice guy and I´m genuine happy he got the chance to finish hismovie, but it really sounds hollow you bringing posts about being nice about people online and sharing and saying a journalist DM will be hell because of a 6 years old bad tweet.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, I'm not remotely surprised, and this is looking to be the exact type of garbage I've always expected. For those that like this stuff, they'll be getting Snyder at his purest as an all-you-can-eat buffet, and for those who don't enjoy it, none of this was ever going to be palatable.
I just wish Snyder and his sycophant fans would just go make their own movies with incessant Christ-like imagery and toxic masculinity - just go make adaptations of Rob Liefeld's Image comics. They just keep a stranglehold on the DC properties just to ruin it because they get off on it. They're not DC fans-they're Zack Snyder fans. And they revel in the toxicity of taking a beloved franchise and beloved characters and just trolling people with awful renditions of them. I'm just exhausted from it all-which I realize is exactly the goal.

If you're not interested in doing right by these characters then just let someone else do it.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: For the record. The Snyder fans I have the most problems with are those who turned their backs at Ray in the middle of 2020. Who just wanted to see the SV restored no matter what. Who told him to shut up. Big yikes.

The Snyder fans I have the most problem with are the ones who try to promote the harassment of journalists over their opinions of his movies.