• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Batfleck is so fucking great.

VF1321_Snyder_EMBED-05a.jpg

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Man, maybe instead of laughing at the picture and actually read the article? It's actually quite a good read.

And fuck Joss Weldon.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
User banned (permanent): advocating targeted harassment
A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn't just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. "Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction," says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director's tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. "I don't get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans," says Donaldson. "I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level." Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote by Sean. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked (there is an "official" #) and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Cathy Yan Talks About 'Dead Pigs' Finally Coming To The U.S. & The Challenges Working On 'Birds Of Prey'

Over the course of only two feature films, Cathy Yan has already amassed an interesting journey for any filmmaker. From beginning on a critically acclaimed Sundance award-winning film, “Dead Pigs,” which was sitting on the shelf for three years to then moving to a massive superhero film like...
So her take is bullshits all around. RIP her inbox. At least she will get to call us toxic again when she is called out. Well played?

Edit: As if I will write her. But sure. Never check sources. Look at the 2015 date btw. She was at it before there was a fan movement for anything. Even BvS still had to come out. She helped to create her own narrative. Almost impressive! Well, she got clicks and made it into a key Snyder article as the "other side".

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn't just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. "Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction," says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director's tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. "I don't get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans," says Donaldson. "I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level." Nonetheless, she's looking forward to Snyder's movie: "I think 300 is great fun. I think the first 10 minutes of Watchmen are some of the best things any superhero movie has ever done." Even if she doesn't end up liking the Snyder cut, she says, "I would rather watch one person's chaos than a committee's snooze-fest."
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Cathy Yan Talks About 'Dead Pigs' Finally Coming To The U.S. & The Challenges Working On 'Birds Of Prey'

Over the course of only two feature films, Cathy Yan has already amassed an interesting journey for any filmmaker. From beginning on a critically acclaimed Sundance award-winning film, “Dead Pigs,” which was sitting on the shelf for three years to then moving to a massive superhero film like...
So her take is bullshits all around. RIP her inbox. At least she will get to call us toxic again when she is called out. Well played?

....How is this kind of post allowed?
RIP her inbox? Really?
That's your take after she talks about toxicity?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote.
BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

What the fuck is this. Saying that Snyder fans are not toxic while simultaneously threatening her with harassment?

images

rac

Oct 25, 2017
....How is this kind of post allowed?
RIP her inbox? Really?
That's your take after she talks about toxicity?

snyder fans "don't talk about this promotional material that was included in this article"
also snyder fans "take a look at this woman's social media posts"

hey any of you guys gonna call out grigo's posts? or just moan that people are mocking leto as joker dressed up as christ?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Superman v Joker: Dawn of Jesus

Could this get a lower RT score than BvS? Feels very possible and would be the perfect ending to this whole Saga.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I get the sentiment behind not liking the worst parts of your community representing it as a whole. As a gamer, I sympathize. But, posts like that aren't helping your case.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Sure I just threatened her with more harrasment, but she was the one who started this though!"

Seriously what the fuck.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

In case you wonder who supplied that assessment. Her take on Snyder's Watchmen is also something else. Feel free to look it up. Must be nice living in a glasshouse. Some Snyder fans are bad. Sure. I don´t remember them running the operation or being in Snyder´s good graces though. We are destroying what it means to be a fan these days? Lol. A lot of you know what Snyder had to say about that (to WB in early 2020). What a quote by Sean. BoP fans were further asking for the Cathy Yan Cut the last time I checked (there is an "official" #) and Yan even chimed on the situation recently. Not with a no. More of a maybe. David Ayer turned into a 2nd Snyder of course. More on that front soon it seems.
theplaylist.net

Edit: As if I will write her. But sure. Never check sources. Look at the 2015 date btw. She was at it before there was a fan movement for anything. Even BvS still had to come out. She helped to create her own narrative. Almost impressive! Well, she got clicks and made it into a key Snyder article as the "other side".

Some Snyder fan are toxic, but not all of us, now excuse me while I threatened this writer because of a six years old bad tweet

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Calling out her tasteless joke is fine, but I think the harassment she received goes far beyond that.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The height of Joker´s comic grandeur should be this. God Emperor Joker:

A take on this made it on Brave & The Bold btw. so it is adaptable. Also the just concluded Death Metal. Another Joker as God story.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

theplaylist.net

tenor.gif

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
That's just incredible. Honestly can't wait to watch this lmao. So disappointed if that visual is not actually in the movie.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

theplaylist.net

Literally #NotAllSnyderFans

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

theplaylist.net

so who's the marvel equivalent of this poster on resetera?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

theplaylist.net

Imagine trying to say you're not toxic then proceeding to to be toxic. Over a movie ffs.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

theplaylist.net

Your posts have been borderline advertisement for Justice League but this shit -- you supporting harassment of a woman over this garbage movie -- is unacceptable and should not be allowed.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Like I really do appreciate Snyder for what he is doing and why he is doing it, but also that Joker photo is just so absolutely awful. Leto is a wannabe cultist and this is just enabling him even more.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
ZattMurdock who compared the James Gunn situation to #MeToo.

And he was perma banned. Thrice, hilariously. The last one was the most spectacular self own I've ever witnessed in this forum.

It was so impressive that ERA should be selling t-shirts that say "I was there when Zatt Murdock performed account suicide".

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Eu2BxH9WQAIzsdj

theplaylist.net

This is embarrassing and toxic shit.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
All of this and Joker is only supposed to be in the film for like 10 seconds right? He'll probably just have that one 'society' line and we'll never see him again.
All of this feels like Leto is trying to petition for a future Joker movie or to maintain his version of the Joker in future movies.