• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If it's indeed a Switch game, they might have deleted it because of an upcoming Nintendo Direct where this game would be featured?

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Tweet has been uploaded again.

V-jump magazine releases this week(in Japan), so we might get more details about the game within the next couple of days.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
ARE PEE ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

giphy.gif

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering they couldn't announce this just a few days ago. I have no reason to expect a release this year

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god its Z and not that trash Super. Would be even better if it had Dragonball in it , but I'll still take Z.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I would have preferred if the game was based on OG Dragon Ball instead (as Vergeben may have implied in his original rumor) or had Super content in addition to the Z stuff, but I might be fine with a Z game too; it just depends on how this ends up looking. I guess we'll see next week.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god its Z and not that trash Super. Would be even better if it had Dragonball in it , but I'll still take Z.
That "trash" series is very popular and resurrected the franchise and gave it its most financially successful years.
I'm glad that you're happy that a large part of the fanbase isn't getting stuff they want.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Finally, justice will come to FighterZ.

tenor.gif

Yeah, it's Jiren.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand this take, how many times y'all wanna go through the Z arcs...

If you ask me Dragonball alone can be 1 game then do a Z sequel and maybe one for Super and the later Z arcs. I really want a solid RPG to explore the world. I think OG DB and Saiyan,Namek arcs are best suited for it.

As for going through Z arcs. Apart from Legacy of Goku , how many other good Z RPGs are even there ?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Not this shit again. Just because it has Z in the title doesn't mean it won't cover Super.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
That "trash" series is very popular and resurrected the franchise and gave it its most financially successful years.
I'm glad that you're happy that a large part of the fanbase isn't getting stuff they want.

I highly doubt a large part of the DB fanbase prefers Super to Z.

There is a reason we get so many Z games.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I get the impression it's being revealed rather than released, based on that tweet. Though it is kinda awkwardly written...

Hoping I'm mistaken.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This isnt the game they announced for Switch earlier this week is it? That DBZ card game? A DBZ action RPG for consoles sounds amazing if done with the care of a game like FighterZ. This is awesome, wonder who the developer on this is.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

The majority of games now aren't Z, they are just "Dragon Ball" with stuff from both Z and Super.
It's not even about preferring Super to Z, people like Super and want to see that content represented.
If you ask me Dragonball alone can be 1 game then do a Z sequel and maybe one for Super and the later Z arcs. I really want a solid RPG to explore the world. I think OG DB and Saiyan,Namek arcs are best suited for it.

As for going through Z arcs. Apart from Legacy of Goku , how many other good Z RPGs are even there ?
RPGs? Not a lot, but there are a metric fuck load of games that tell the Z story.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure most people (as in ones who don't really post or argue about DB online) don't care and just see Super as an extension of/expansion upon something they already liked in Z.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Jiren has an actual interesting moveset and season 2 introduces some good gameplay changes. Might get me to play it again.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope they nail the artstyle, 'cause Xenoverse 2 looks like shit.

Agreed.

They have done it so many goddamn times that it being "good" is no longer enough for me to cop. Cover anything else (or something original) for the love of god

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
RPG? Interesting.
Hopefully it won't look like xenoverse and jumpforce dogshit graphics.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
If true my hype is ruined.

A by the book Raditz to Buu game is not what I want in 2019.

I mean, if it's a proper RPG, it's going to be a long game. They probably have to pick between storyline for Z and Super. Super's story arcs just don't feature much character development, Z felt like it has a better beginning, middle and end of the stories. Super is just a series of tournament, with a random arc about going into the future Trunks timeline. Most importantly, Super is a sequel series based on Z. You make a game, it should be stand alone for the person who bought the game. Since this is a new game, not a sequel, and it's a story-based RPG, you can't jump straight to Super and skip DBZ.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
An Open World Dragon Ball (Kid Goku) era would be cool. you still have some limitations that would make travelling through the world interesting, and combat could be more "grounded" to put in some way, although I'm not sure if the US market would want that since for them Dragon Ball started with Z