• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Where does the Z fit into that (working) title?
  • Dragon Ball Game Z Project Action RPG
  • Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG
  • Dragon Ball Game Project Action RPG Z

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If they go back to theme pairings for DLC, anyway. They broke with that for Cooler and Ranger 17, but Caulifla or Kefla are the only others I'd really expect aside from Ultra Instinct Goku.
They are both brothers of characters that were already in the game.

Where does the Z fit into that (working) title?
  • Dragon Ball Game Z Project Action RPG
  • Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG
  • Dragon Ball Game Project Action RPG Z
Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2:

Jiren
Ultra Instinct Goku
SSB Gogeta
SSJ4 Goku
Tullece
Ginyu in Goku's Body

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Interesting that the hashtag used in the tweet is specifically "DragonBallZ", along with the Z in the project name of course. Just going with the most popular naming/version of the brand but meaning Dragon Ball as a whole, or specifically meaning covering events of Z?

Obviously the image just calls it "Dragon Ball Game" so I'm going with the former.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I like Dragon Ball, I like RPGs and I like action. A kind of Tales of like battle system would be awesome.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
They are both brothers of characters that were already in the game.
Hm, theme right there in front of me that I hadn't even bothered thinking about (I had just been looking at it from the angle of non-canonical and canonical instead of just remembering the simpler "brothers to other characters" detail applying to both).
I honestly wouldn't surprised if those first four actually happened.
I'll be very surprised if DBFZ acknowledges GT.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that the hashtag used in the tweet is specifically "DragonBallZ", along with the Z in the project name of course. Just going with the most popular naming/version of the brand but meaning Dragon Ball as a whole, or specifically meaning covering events of Z?

Obviously the image just calls it "Dragon Ball Game" so I'm going with the former.
If it's just retelling Raditz to Buu I'll be anti-hyped. That story has been beaten to death in the video games.
It'd also be dumb as fuck to ignore the series that returned the series to the spotlight and brought about the biggest years for the franchise in terms of money.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If it's just retelling Raditz to Buu I'll be anti-hyped. That story has been beaten to death in the video games.
It'd also be dumb as fuck to ignore the series that returned the series to the spotlight and brought about the biggest years for the franchise in terms of money.

Right. I didn't see your post earlier in the thread about going with the Z as well. Probably (hopefully) just for branding.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah I do wish it was more advertised as Super than Z.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Right. I didn't see your post earlier in the thread about going with the Z as well. Probably (hopefully) just for branding.
I'm hoping this is just a FighterZ case where there is a Z in the game's subtitle, but because of the Z in the project logo the person writing the tweet just said Dragon Ball Z.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but I don't think they are saying the game is coming out this year?

They are saying that the project is starting this year.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I think Vergeben implied last year that this was coming, I believe he said it was a CyberConnect2 developed title.

His exact quotes:

It's a game by CyberConnect2 as I already said before, but has since been described to me as "an RPG/Adventure/Fighter. Sorta similar to the Xenoverse games but on a larger scale." and is due out next year.

There is a Dragon Ball w/e game in development by CyberConnect2. I spoke about this on GameFAQs months ago. Recently it was supposed to be announced at Jump Festa until weird things happen behind the scenes & multiple announcements got pulled. It is probably going to happen at that event on the 14th of January instead.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but I don't think they are saying the game is coming out this year?

They are saying that the project is starting this year.
Misinterpreting.
They might not be saying it's coming out this year though, the "begins in 2019" could just mean that they are announcing it this year.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Isn't Heroes a non-canonical miniseries with a lot of questionable inclusions?
Ah, you must only be familiar with that short anime they made based on it. Dragon Ball Heroes is a HUGE digital card game (previously exclusive to Japanese arcades). It isn't a mini-series at all. My point is: GT is still super marketable for them (as seen in Heroes) and content from it getting to FighterZ is only inevitable.

Endless

Oct 27, 2017
J5R4wJU8

HerrSchiller

Apr 26, 2018
Seems to be aimed for the Switch looking at the graphics. Looks alright and I'm glad that it's also coming to PC.