• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toxicgonzo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...killing-her/?utm_source=digg#comments-wrapper

Olivia Gant was told she didn't have much time to live, so with help from her mom, the 6-year-old made a bucket list.

The girl used a wheelchair and a feeding tube, but her mother, Kelly Renee Turner, said she was always a fighter. Her last wishes seemed to fit. The Colorado girl wrote the bucket list with a Sharpie on a lime-green poster board: "be a fireman," "feed sharks," "catch a bad guy with police." And in the months before she died in 2017, Turner tried to make it all happen. The Denver Police Department and the local fire department let her ride in a cruiser and a firetruck. The Make-A-Wish Foundation threw her a surprise, and on GoFundMe, Turner raised more than $20,000 for medical treatment. Turner had claimed that Olivia was fighting a rare incurable disease, and that after years of invasive surgeries and countless hospital stays, her daughter's pain and suffering was all coming to an end.

But behind the scenes, authorities say now, the truth was worse than what Turner claimed.

Olivia was never terminally ill, authorities say, and she wasn't dying of intestinal failure.

Turner, they say, was killing her.

On Monday, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office announced that Turner, 41, has been charged with first-degree murder, fraud and theft after allegedly inventing her daughter's illness for years before finally leaving her to die. According to the 13-count indictment first obtained by Denver's KUSA, in the weeks before Olivia died at age 7, Turner placed her daughter in hospice care and insisted that her health and quality of life were so poor that she should be withdrawn from all medical treatment and her feeding tube, and finally be allowed to die peacefully under a "Do Not Resuscitate" order.

Absolutely disgusting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factitious_disorder_imposed_on_another

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck... How can you even be like that? How can you even do something like that? This is horrible... To her own daughter too?

Fucking hell...

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
can someone post the reason of why she is being charged?

what reasons did the sheriff's office had?

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I unfortunately see this at work (lead psychologist for a school district) all the fucking time. Not to the extent of the kid dying, but this is still way more common that most people realize.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, wow. How are they just not finding out til now? Or is it one of those things thats been in process for a long time now and either coming back into the news or just not geettinf reported until now?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disgusting, sick behavior. Poor poor kid. :(
I.. wouldn't mind the death penalty for the mother, this wasn't an accident, this was cruel and absolutely deranged, I hope a court locks her up, I don't believe people like her can ever be truly rehabilitated. Nothing is bringing this little girl back, nothing.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just when you think people cannot sink any lower......

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
i can't :( thats why im asking

Basically she created a GoFundMe and she was saying her daughter was diagnosed with a new disease basically every month, asking for more money. Her daughter was sick of something (they don't know yet, still investigating) and her mother took that as an opportunity to cash in on it and then overstepped her bounds by saying her daughter had every disease under the sun to get more pity money and she loved the attention. And there's reason to believe she let her daughter die to get one final hoo-rah of cash and pity points. She probably was planning to write a book too, I guarantee it.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
wait what the fuck? how did she die then? the mom like actively killed her by smothering or something?

agree with the murder charge, that shit is horrendous

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
She's doing it AGAIN? How did she not think that would look suspicious at the very least? Thank God this monster has been caught before her other daughter suffered the same fate.

Yeah, she's going to get killed in prison. I wish I could see her reaction when she walks in those prison doors for the first time and sees the "I'm going to kill you" eyes from other inmates.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Munchhausens and by proxy are terrifying. I hope that her other child is safe and that everyone involved can get help and support. We need better post-natal mental health services.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
read the davenport article

apart from being angry at the mom, the fact that supposely a bunch of doctor refuted several illness and even advised she wasnt terminal, nobody did nothing to save the child.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the doctors/authorities didn't catch on quicker to save this young girl.

Harming and killing your own child is beyond evil.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reading that article, I feel like so many people failed Olivia. It was extremely obvious to all of these professionals that the mother was making false claims, yet they just stood by and advised the mother to stop giving the daughter the meds? They all talk like something was off in retrospect, so why wasn't anything done about it?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
there's not a punishment that's even remotely appropriate for something as horrible as this.

Long, painful suffering is all I can think of but that's why I'm not in charge of the justice system, I suppose.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
I don't advocate for the death penalty, but there are special cases....

My goodness!

If they're smart, they won't give her the death peanlty. That means she's protected on death row. Give her life and put her in a prison that will take of her quick and tax free. Child molesters and child killers in prison is like putting a piece of meat in a shark tank.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
How can you fake an illness like that, does nobody ever check these for the make a wish fundation and so on? How could this happens for so long?

But damn, poor poor girl...

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
It's still not entirely clear what happened here, usually in a case like this there is a smoking gun of some kind of poison. It's possible that this woman actually got her daughter 'treated' to death by inventing symptoms and getting her daughter diagnosed and then medicated for these phantom symptoms. The elder daughter can hopefully she's some light on this.