• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
First ep was really dope. I'm already a Natalie fan and can't wait for more.
Coincidentally, I started watching The Clone Wars this year, so it couldn't possibly come at a better time for me.

And I know the Clone Wars is a long show, but I hope hope hope they end up doing eps on the rest of the movies.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waypoint is great so I'll probably give this a listen even though I don't have much investment in Star Wars.

It was really fun. Rob, Austin and Ali have sort of a longer investment in Star Wars (Though each came by that differently), and Natalie's got a bit less history there (Though she had seen movies when younger) so you get a bunch of good perspectives.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Also they got me really interested in watching the making of documentary for The Phantom Menace, it sounds a lot more interesting and real than the usual marketing focused making of features.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I guess this is what will get me to watch Clone Wars.

Be Good and Rewatch It lives on...

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 1 of clone wars after finally taking the plunge thanks to Mando, so this is perfect. Love the Waypoint peeps!

Barls

Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of listeners and apparently Vice hated it, but I loved the 20+ hours of Pride and Prejudice podcasts. I'm in for some Clone Wars chat.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ohhhh shit. That's a good fucking cast. I think I'm finally gonna watch Clone Wars.

Oct 29, 2017
I love Austin's analysis and the waypoint crew is dope. I'm listening to Newcomers with Lauren Lapkus and Nicole Byer and I'm finding that beyond a couple episodes I can't do it. I'm actually burned out on Star Wars after seeing 9 a year ago. Hopefully one day I'll plug in to this as I've never seen clone wars.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I'm so ready for this. Listening to the first episode, and it's great. As a lifelong Star Wars fan, my one glaring blind spot is the Clone Wars cartoon. Mandalorian gave me the urge to binge the series and this podcast I think is the final tipping point to actually get me to watch it. The podcast crew is straight awesome!

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
After taking Austins advice last year and watching neo Evangelion I don't know if I can trust his judgment. Listened to their companion podcast for that series.

I could be tempted as I've only seen a few clone wars episodes

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
What the name of that podcast?
Ah I forget but it's part of the vice network of podcasts. I stopped listening around when Danielle left but if I remember correctly her and Austin did a podcast about the whole show. Danielle had never watched it before and Austin is obsessed with it so it was a good balance

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I found it under the regular Waypoint Radio feed but it's a separate show called Waypoints. It's episode number 35 and comes after the regular episode number 243.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a perfect cross-section of things for me. Listened to the first episode last night, and hearing Austin and Rob go Full Tilt Turbonerd on this is amazing.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Never seen the show but a podcast from the Waypoint crew may be just the incentive I need. I have to admit the art style has always been a turn off even though I've heard a lot of praise for the show.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, what a banger of a gift. I rewatched the prequels last year for the first time in a decade plus, and came to kinda like them, conflicted feelings and all; I'm watching season 5 of the Clone Wars right now. And seeing as I joined this crew for 12 or more hours of a Pride and Prejudice podcast, which ended up being one of my favorite podcast experiences ever...yeah, I couldn't be more about this.

I know a lot of listeners and apparently Vice hated it, but I loved the 20+ hours of Pride and Prejudice podcasts. I'm in for some Clone Wars chat.

Lmao, was it over 20 hours?!?! Damn.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the first episode. Rob and Austin pulling in extensive Legends knowledge and really taking the universe and ideas seriously, mixed with laughing at the silliness. The other hosts are a good balance too, Natalie having not really seen much Star Wars at all.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
About halfway through, at the podcast, and I'm absolutely loving this

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
2 hours in - this is fantastic! They are not just going through the prequels, right?
Can see myself listening to this regularly.

There's not Video version though, right? Would like to have that in the background while working.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
2 hours in - this is fantastic! They are not just going through the prequels, right?
Can see myself listening to this regularly.

There's not Video version though, right? Would like to have that in the background while working.
I doubt they ever do video pods unfortunately. Austin on twitter did say they might do the Mandalorian when they get around to it and that the Gennedy Clone Wars might get a special one off if they feel like it.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Man, I really wish this was just a reboot of Be Good and Rewatch it instead of Star Wars focused. I do not wish to hear anyone talk about Star Wars for even another second. But I like these folks, so maybe I'll give it a chance.

Oct 28, 2017
Listened to the first episode. First time hearing the talent and I didn't really connect to it. There's some interesting political insight but nothing overly different from an average Star Wars review podcast. The Legends pulls are fun though since I know 0 about it. Maybe I'm just looking for something constructive and how to fix the prequels. I zoned out during the podcasting thinking how to rewrite it.

Glad others are enjoying it though. Maybe I'll check in for episode 2.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
As someone who listens to pretty much everything Austin's in (which is A LOT of stuff), I can't believe he's making me watch clone wars now. It doesn't help the rest of the cast I also love. Listened to the first episode yesterday and I'm hooked so I guess I'm into Clone Wars now.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I saw the tweet announcing this, I immediately turned on and watched TPM for the first time in over a decade lol. Couldn't be more on board with this crew.

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, love all this crew and their chemistry.

Also watching Clone Wars now to prep

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2 just went up

amorecivilizedage.net

A More Civilized Age: A Star Wars Podcast: 02: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

"We need a system where the politicians sit down and discuss the problem, agree what’s in the best interest of all the people, and then do it.” “That’s exactly what we do. The trouble is that people don’t always agree.” “Well then they should be be made to.” The Phantom Menace raised questions...
Hell yeah 3.5 hours!

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I actually relistened to ep 1 before the week wait was all the way up, which i haven't done for a podcast in a long while.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
5 star runtimes are back babyyyyyyyyyyy

I've missed hearing Natalie on a podcast, she's so fun.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Very cool. I was afraid the drop dates wouldn't be regular. I'll give this a listen this weekend. What a great cast.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The Attack of the Clones episodes so damn good, I missed this team since the Kingdom hearts podcast. Natalie's energy is fantastic and is hilarious and Rob's delivery is always on point.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Got excited thinking this would be about the superb Genndy Tartakovsky shorts, but it's actually about the CGI thing.

These prequel episodes have been great, but there is no way I'm watching that.