• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i loved everything about this movie as a kid.

i went as the Riddler that Halloween. I had the soundtrack which is still great. Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones hamming it up.

also drew berrymore as sugar one of two faces girls?

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Mad props to Joel Schumacher for putting out an overtly homoerotic blockbuster in the mid-90s and it becoming one of the biggest hits of the year.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I really enjoyed Forever as a kid and even revisiting it here and there (and recently) as an adult, I still think it does a lot well. It's not perfect and can be goofy, but it still has enough in the serious side of things that I think it does well. B&R goes more full blown Saturday morning cartoon which I think is still fun if nothing else.

But in Forever I do enjoy the psychology and trauma/grief they try to address, Bruce reconciling the Bruce/Batman duality with the choice and acceptance of being Batman ("Not because I have to be, now, because I choose to be"), and trusting others. Even in the sequel, Batman is much more at peace with himself.

If Batman Begins was "my anger outweighs my guilt" then Forever is the flip side of that, especially when talking down Robin from murdering Two-Face. Neat themes imo.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's, honestly, still my favorite of that era of 4 Batman movies. Returns is right after it. It wore its heart on its sleeve and did everything right.

Batman & Robin, conversely, is absolute shit in nearly every way imaginable. It doubled down on the silly camp but did it all wrong, has the worst Bruce and Batman, the worst attempt at a plot, the most wasted villains, the worst score and the worst suits.

And then they effed up Batgirl, which is a sin I cannot forgive.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the deleted scene when he was going to come face to face with a giant animatronic bat as metaphor of reembracing his identity as Batman, but also fulfilling this hanging narrative thread about his dad's red journal?

youtu.be

Batman Forever - Deleted Scene: Secret of the Batcave (Remastered)

I was going through the deleted scenes from the Batman Forever DVD and decided to remaster/edit this specific scene.Why ? Because in the DVD it was basically...

I actually really like the fan edit that tried to include that and other scenes back in like this alternate opening:

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I just appreciate that this is the only telling that acknowledged that Bruce might have to take a #2 while in the suit.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I love how long they sit on the close up of his ass. Lmao.