• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Thing is, if she is actually a Mutant but wasn't registering on Cerebro, then she still can't be brought back with that method.

The only reason the resurrection works is because Xavier has been making back ups of every Mutant's mind with Cerebro.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Cyclops next visor.

OYKaO8t.jpeg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The twist will be she was already one.

The retcon was only in name only. It's just insane Marvel Comics are doing this to Wanda and Strange before their movie because Marvel doesn't know how to sell a book.

Don't forget Peter being replaced by Ben Reilly (again), lol.

(I kinda dig it, though. I don't want the comics to just regurgitate the movies. The GotG comics spent too long trying to be like the movies.)

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Slayven I thought this was going to be a swerve and you were actually talking about Gabby Kinney aka Honey Badger/Scout's apparent death at the hands of the Shadow King.

The letter to her sister Laura was an extra twist of the knife being plunged into the heart.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Howard the Duck is ok though right? Still waiting on that sequel, or maybe he will be the big bad villain of phase 5

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Slayven I thought this was going to be a swerve and you were actually talking about Gabby Kinney aka Honey Badger/Scout's apparent death at the hands of the Shadow King.

The letter to her sister Laura was an extra twist of the knife being plunged into the heart.
No i would have swerved into it being about Pete Wisdom

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Now that was some bull shit. How do you ever trust the Shadow King??

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Wtf nooo

Now this is a real tragedy

Fuck the mutant Butcher may she rot in a dark place with only Pete Wisdom for company

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
At least this gives Marvel the opportunity to make Wanda a mutant again and fix her character assassination.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they revive Wanda aka mutant satan but still refuse to bring back Destiny then Mystique has every right to burn that shit down

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Making Wanda or QS a mutant add nothing to their character. They are one of the few to develop outside of just being a mutant.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And Wanda is again used as nothing but a plot device.

Making Wanda or QS a mutant add nothing to their character.
This.

It might serve Magneto as a character but to Wanda and Pietro? Absolutely nothing. And they are always used as contrivances more than characters anyway in those stories. In the case of Wanda is always made to behave like a child needing affection, a complete incompetent at using her powers, and a naive person. She has been an adult woman in the Avengers for years.

The best Wanda stories have always been without mutant involvement and Pietro's too, with the Inhumans of all the characters.

Oct 8, 2019
And Wanda is again used as nothing but a plot device.

This.

It might serve Magneto as a character but to Wanda and Pietro? Absolutely nothing. And they are always used as contrivances more than characters anyway in those stories. In the case of Wanda is always made to behave like a child needing affection, a complete incompetent at using her powers, and a naive person. She has been an adult woman in the Avengers for years.

The best Wanda stories have always been without mutant involvement and Pietro's too, with the Inhumans of all the characters.

Yeah I think Marvel successfully ruined the Inhumans in the eyes of Marvel fans, all that stuff resulted in a bunch of characters who now have weird backstories. I wonder how they are going to explain Ms;. Marvel in the new tv series because I dont think Marvel studios wants to attach that character to the Inhumans tv series.

Which probably goes a long way to explaining how Quicksilver hasnt been relevant in the comics in well over a decade.

Even in the Magneto family picture they have the children who are reincarnations of Wanda's children but not Quicksilver's actual child. They ruined poor Luna.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Making Wanda or QS a mutant add nothing to their character. They are one of the few to develop outside of just being a mutant.
Agreed. Rose colored glasses.

Also Slayven posted a preview image from a different comic.

This is the first scene we see Wanda dead.

2QOJWFw.png

She has strangulation marks on her neck, no way Magneto did it. He would have made it painless, he's been spending years in canon trying to reconnect with Wanda and Pietro.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Rose colored glasses.

Also Slayven posted a preview image from a different comic.

This is the first scene we see Wanda dead.

2QOJWFw.png

She has strangulation marks on her neck, no way Magneto did it. He would have made it painless, he's been spending years in canon trying to reconnect with Wanda and Pietro.

Who's the black hair dude?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Who's the black hair dude?
Northstar. The first openly gay character in comics history. Currently leader of X-Factor, the team that investigates if mutant has actually died so they can be resurrected.

Edit - A Speedster/Flyer who claims to be able to go faster than the speed of light, though he admits it would kill him to do so.

Also has Olympic gold medal in skiing, unrelated to his mutant power.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's a real cool touch that everybody is like 'meh.' Except for Jean Grey who was dead for House of M.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I haven't been keeping up, but is there a reason Professor X looks like The Maker now?

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
He and Aurora have a... complicated relationship.

Doesn't help that they are twins and their mutant powers require physical contact to fully unlock.

And that Aurora has dissociative personality disorder...
She was altered by department H to be able to do the light thing by herself

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I haven't been keeping up, but is there a reason Professor X looks like The Maker now?
Short Answer. Hickman, the guy who created the Maker is in charge of the X-Books.

Long answer. Xavier, after having died, reconstructed his mind and body as X, using Fantomex as starting point. He started wearing a wireless version of Cerebro, because as revealed in the Dawn of X, the detection of mutants is only the base protocol of Cerebro.

It is also a telepathic enhancer, connected to multiple databases that store the entire anima of a mutant, so that if they die they can be resurrected by the Five (long story)

He wears it all the time now so that, the plan revealed, he can always be updating.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Short Answer. Hickman, the guy who created the Maker is in charge of the X-Books.

Long answer. Xavier, after having died, reconstructed his mind and body as X, using Fantomex as starting point. He started wearing a wireless version of Cerebro, because as revealed in the Dawn of X, the detection of mutants is only the base protocol of Cerebro.

It is also a telepathic enhancer, connected to multiple databases that store the entire anima of a mutant, so that if they die they can be resurrected by the Five (long story)

He wears it all the time now so that, the plan revealed, he can always be updating.
Thanks! Didn't know if it was just some nod or something more. Much appreciated.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
I think Krakoa did it. They have way too many tools available to not instantly figure out whodunit and the island itself is probably the only thing that could circumvent them all.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder how this is going to go. Either way I'm tired of the Wanda hate/plot device she's used as.