• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Good, push them out in 2022 if needed.

They are just games. Let the people working on them have a more relaxed time in this insane world, as their mental health and well-being are far, far more important than any random entertainment products hitting whatever deadlines. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt January "launch window"?

I thought launch window typically extended until Feb or March. Ratchet is launch window but not likely before March.

Oct 27, 2017

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, If you bought either of these consoles for a next-gen exclusive game that isn't Demon Souls, I'm not sure what your purchase was for?

We've kind of known that for the most part these systems are going to get nicer versions of cross-gen games.

Also, it's a global pandemic. This clearly impacted both Sony and MS's plans this year, and seems to have hit MS a bit harder than Sony which had Souls and Miles more ready to go.

Oct 28, 2017
There's also Miles Morales, plus playing Cold War and Borderlands 3 with the Dualsense are some pretty great exclusive experiences.
The controller is an exclusive experience to be sure, but its not a game. And I'm happily playing Miles Morales on my PS4 Pro at the moment. Can do the same with Sackboy. On both sides of the launch coin, there's a lot more grey area than we're used to with new generations.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Weren't all of these delays announced before the launch?

If they announced prior to launch and it bothered you then why still keep your preorder?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Folks are going to talk trash at ya(which is sillier than your concerns imo), but I agree somewhat. Cyberpunk's delay is really felt here. I'm pleased with my series X and glad enough I got it, but the lack of actual new and exciting launch games in general is a huge bummer. I've been making due with games I own and playing destiny 2, but it kind of irks my that my two most played Xbox games are old ass Halo 5 and Destiny 2. That said, I knew well enough what it was going to be like beforehand, so I'll just patiently wait and enjoy my oculus 2 for more varied experiences. Loving HyperDash. That said, you're free to feel how you like on it one way or the other. Not going to make excuses for the state of things though. MS will be fine and I'll survive, lol.

Last edited:

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Geometry Wars 2 w/Auto HDR is the best launch game so it's all good.

Really wish NHL 21 was crossplay as it does look quite a bit better on Series X than on PS5 with better texture filtering & HDR.

Yes, this is what we're reducing to on Series X, lol.

Seriously though, have been playing AC Valhalla. Feel like having both a PS5 and a Series X is making me not have as much issues with HDD space as others who went PS5 only are right now.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Folks are going to talk trash at ya, but I fully agree. Cyberpunk's delay is really felt here. I'm pleased with my series X and glad enough I got it, but the lack of actual new and exciting launch games in general is a huge bummer. I've been making due with games I own and playing destiny 2, but it kind of irks my that my two most played Xbox games are old ass Halo 5 and Destiny 2. That said, I knew well enough what it was going to be like beforehand, so I'll just patiently wait and enjoy my oculus 2 for more varied experiences. Loving HyperDash.
Cyberpunk comes out in 17 days. That delay is "really felt"?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So we're going to conticue to act like you can't look at a game and tell it's mid?
One of these games is by Remedy, and last I checked their last three or four games were all really good.

The trailer to Crossfire X looked like... well like a Remedy game. So yeah, I'm going to act as though presuming it's not going to be a good game doesn't make any sense.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
why people want more games? where do they find the time to play them all?

With my backlog and game pass I would be busy for years.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This.
Concern trolling thread at its finest.

why would op want to concern troll? I see this term thrown around pretty loosely, do they seem as if he has an agenda to uplift another company?

as someone who also bought an xbox series x and prefers to play my third party games on xbox over playstation, i understand where the op is coming from. And its something ive been outspoken about. As an xbox fan, this launch is disappointing.

accusing someone of concern trolling always just seemed like an easy way to avoid hearing someones criticism of something you like. And frankly it strikes me as unfair that people can throw that term out whenever they want to try and end discourse before it can even begin.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
What was the metric they released? Some 3000+ games are available to be played on the Series X|S?

FWIW My most played games on my series X have been Tetris Effect: Connected, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Destiny 2 Beyond Light.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Well call of the sea wasn't delayed into 2021, so there's still something in these last weeks.

Still waiting on rpg time as well.

------------

mostly hyped for puyo puyo 2 and dragon quest 11s tho

Nov 23, 2017
Console launch titles have hardly ever mattered over the past 20 years. All of these Xboxs were going to sell out regardless of what game was available. If there's a supposed quality title drought in late 2021 then maybe it could start hurting Microsoft but right now? They're ok.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
Probably better for MS from a business perspective. These things are impossible to find in stock to begin with. You'd want your big titles to start hitting when it can actually drive purchases

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
This.
Concern trolling thread at its finest.

Oh for goodness sake. Everyone loves throwing that phrase around willy nilly now. Do you really have evidence that the OP is being disingenuous with his disappointment? If not, I think you're mistaking what "Concern trolling" is, for what's simply an opinion you don't agree with.

It isn't even that negative of an opinion that he's sharing. He's just saying it's a bit rough being an early adopter, and personally, I don't disagree.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Console launch titles have hardly ever mattered over the past 20 years. All of these Xboxs were going to sell out regardless of what game was available. If there's a supposed quality title drought in late 2021 then maybe it could start hurting Microsoft but right now? They're ok.
Exactly. For the first time since like ... the PS2, we've got a non-crossgen launch title exclusive that's worth being hyped about, and it's a Remake of a PS3 game. People are acting like Microsoft completely fumbled the launch due to one game, while hand-waving away everything that GamePass has to offer.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
It's a weird one, the launch line-up is meh for me, built in reality I've been gaming more on this console at launch compared to any previous generation launch by a long way, thanks to the combo of Game Pass and excellent BC.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
For me, it really doesn't matter. Halo is the only one I miss, but seeing what shape it was in, it's better it's delayed. Releasing on the 201th anniversary next year makes all the sense in the world now. The rest of those games do nothing for me. Couple that with AC Valhalla to hold me over, and a shit ton of Game Pass games? I'm good.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Agreed.The only launch lineup that really has mattered in the last 20 years was the OG Xbox and that was because unlike today they were not an established brand.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the consoles just to play PS4/Xbox games a little better, if thats not something that appeals to you imo better to just wait for next holiday season, when the deals will be way better and there will be real next gen games.

They definitely play games way better though. For example I run Forza Motorsports 7 3-4x a week just to collect rewards and stuff, I had it down to a routine where I'd turn on my xbox, start forza, and go make coffee because it took a good 2 mins or so to start and get to the buy menu. Literally takes 15 seconds or less now from power on to the buy menu. Differences like that are everywhere on both consoles, and its really nice.

As lot of people have said, these next gen consoles are more like upgrading your PC with a new CPU/GPU than an actual big change.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
why would op want to concern troll? I see this term thrown around pretty loosely, do they seem as if he has an agenda to uplift another company?

as someone who also bought an xbox series x and prefers to play my third party games on xbox over playstation, i understand where the op is coming from. And its something ive been outspoken about. As an xbox fan, this launch is disappointing.

accusing someone of concern trolling always just seemed like an easy way to avoid hearing someones criticism of something you like. And frankly it strikes me as unfair that people can throw that term out whenever they want to try and end discourse before it can even begin.

agree with every word

i've played pretty much everything relevant on game pass... i don't know if ea plays 'vault' is that good if i'm honest... bc is ok, but it's legacy... and the launch games all got delayed

layer on the fact the multiplats have issues, and this launch has definitely been disappointing (for me)

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk comes out in 17 days. That delay is "really felt"?
That's what I wrote. Since it's right there in text, I'm not sure why you'd need further confirmation other than to be petty. If you feel differently that's fine. I'm not calling for anyone's head, so if my opinion is all that problematic, I'll just ask you mosey on along.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
Cyberpunk is dropping in a couple of weeks and I havent finished AC. I can assure you i'll be fine for games until 2021.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
That's what I wrote. Since it's right there in text, I'm sure why you'd need further confirmation other than to be petty. If you feel differently that's fine. I'm not calling for anyone's head and I clearly said I was just making due with other games, so if my opinion is all that problematic, I'll just ask you mosey on along.
It's not being petty, so chill. Waiting less than three weeks for an upcoming toy is absolutely nothing compared to the work sustained by the people who are working 8-16 hour days to bring it to us.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Launch titles don't matter for either console a bunch of people are frothing at the mouth to buy them and would do so if there were no games available for a entire year

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Sure. I mean even if every single PS5 exclusive game was cross gen, at least they are still new games. That just demonstrates that the Xbox platform has been really behind in delivering on the exclusives.

Gears Tactics is new to anyone who didn't own a PC. I'm just saying that if you pick up either systems you'll probably have a ton of games to play is all.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The controller is an exclusive experience to be sure, but its not a game. And I'm happily playing Miles Morales on my PS4 Pro at the moment. Can do the same with Sackboy. On both sides of the launch coin, there's a lot more grey area than we're used to with new generations.

I'd disagree, Sony have put out some huge games this year on top of having their best launch line-up ever.

Cross-gen or not they're new games, just like Halo Infinite would've been.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
I'll also say it's obvious Microsoft was not ready from a software point of and I don't think they ever were. The question is when will they be and who knows to be honest. I don't get people making sassy remarks to the op, it's not really normal for console launches to be quite so bereft of new software from the console maker and it's understandable that someone would be quite disappointed by that.