• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Wanted to express my disappointment as an early adopter and share it with others. Feel free to ignore the thread.

The only Xbox first party game that was delayed is Halo Infinite. The others you cite are third party games. How would 'good planning' from xbox have prevented these games from being delayed?

We have a pandemic on our hands. Remember that.

But now its almost as of the no games memes are true.

The 'no games' meme is console warz stuff. Let's keep that away from this site, shall we?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Its almost like I mentioned this in the op. Hint: Look at PlayStation 5
Not every dev runs the same. Some devs may have had an easier time moving to a qork from environment. And if we are talking by 1st party studios then the only game ms delayed was halo( which yes was a huge blow for then)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, the OP has a point.

does it? i hardly think microsoft is out there to punish them for being an early adopter and no, the "no games" meme is far from being true because the ps5 have four extra games on it

but maybe if microsoft moneyhatted godfall instead of sony people would be happier here (hint they wouldnt)

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I can't justify paying full prices for games right now (thanks covid). So I am relaying heavily on game pass.
And I am not saying its a bad experience overall. If you are buying new games like a normal user + game pass I am sure you are having a blast.
Shame, all I can say is it sucks that games you were looking forward to have been pushed. On the bright side they will be better off for it, you wouldn't want even more bugs than we have already seen on launch games.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Yes, it sucks, i want to get a Series X but currently there aren't many reasons to do so. I don't enjoy BC compat games, i beat the ones i like already and i never replay games. Maybe in a year it'll be worth getting one for me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Because console wars ensure that discourse remains at an all time low. Some can't read any criticism about their box of choice without taking it as a personal slight.
Or maybe it has nothing to do with console wars, but instead taking a step back and assessing the situation holistically to gain a better understanding of why delays are happening.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I noticed that too.

A lot of very passive-aggressive and snippy posts. People are up for a discussion, except when they're not, I guess.

OP commited the cardinal sin of creating a negative Xbox thread, without any game pass praise. What did you expect!

As an early adopter, I could see why you would be upset at the lack of new fresh titles that show off what your new machine is all about - it's happened every other next gen launch.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I can't justify paying full prices for games right now (thanks covid). So I am relaying heavily on game pass.
And I am not saying its a bad experience overall. If you are buying new games like a normal user + game pass I am sure you are having a blast.

You can't justify paying for new games right now, yet you are complaining that 3 games were delayed to 2021..... 🤔

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This doesnt even include Halo Infinite, or Psychonauts (which was originally a 2020 title)

On the brightside 2021 should be alright.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah this forum is super toxic. You can't criticize either console without a flurry of posts accusing you of trolling or being a console warrior, it's nauseating and embarrassing.

I'd expect a similar reaction if Someone opened a thread to blame Jim Ryan and Sony for repeated delays of Cyberpunk 2077.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
The awesome hardware +gamepass will suffice for many (most?) early adopters till the big names hit.
First party games that were released this year like Miles morales and demon souls were not 'from the drawing board games'. They used assets that already existed
Reused assets in Demon's Souls? What are you talking about?

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be real with you b none of those games were gonna be that good anyway.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
The medium
CrossfireX
Scorn

I've always said that people are overreacting about the xbox launch offer. But now its almost as of the no games memes are true. Microsoft have really dropped the ball even harder.
Yes I know there is a pandemic going on. But good planning and management have minimize the impact on Sony's side.
This with the 3rd party games underperforming, It feels like I am being punished for being an early adopter. Oh well. At least bc is amazing.
These games aren't that good. Every gameplay screams mediocricy. So...nothing of value was lost.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
It feels like I am being punished for being an early adopter. Oh well. At least bc is amazing.

I don't really agree with the notion of equating dealing with the consequences of your purchase decisions as punishment.
Early adopters will always deal with the problems that appear first. This has been the case since the beginning of time with console releases.

It's a bummer that there's no real launch exclusives and some are pushed back but this was all info before the launch of the consoles.
It's the first time I've considered getting something Xbox though this generation. I'm contemplating a series s but I'm waiting for exclusives to actually come out and see how it performs with them. The results so far haven't been great imo.

bigJayy

Dec 30, 2019
*reads 'a lot' in the thread title*

*finds 3 in thread*

OP if your comparing the games on 2020 launch games on Xbox Vs PlayStation. Try also comparing the type of games releasing.

the medium,crossfireX, and Scorn were all new IPs developed from the drawing board.
First party games that were released this year like Miles morales and demon souls were not 'from the drawing board games'. They used assets that already existed
Yeah took them 3 years to make the demon souls remake so lazy....
I mean they had all the amazing high quality ps3 assets :P

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA
The medium
CrossfireX
Scorn

I've always said that people are overreacting about the xbox launch offer. But now its almost as of the no games memes are true. Microsoft have really dropped the ball even harder.
Yes I know there is a pandemic going on. But good planning and management have minimize the impact on Sony's side.
This with the 3rd party games underperforming, It feels like I am being punished for being an early adopter. Oh well. At least bc is amazing.

I'm just going to act like covid, a global pandemic didn't happen and mess up plans for everyone near the beginning of the year...

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games get delayed yes. I'm not sure what the cut off for a launch window is but they might still make it.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
I don't see an issue since I've always viewed the launch window to be about ~4 - 7 months after launch.

Plus with everything going on in the world, devs can take all the time they need, given that they're able to support themselves.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Not sure how Microsoft could have improved on this given they are all third party games that they aren't even publishing?
I get OP's reasoning though, having "proper" next gen games to play for a launch that are exclusive is a great feeling

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, not too worried about it. I literally had a library of hundreds of games day one to play with Gamepass. That's a pretty good deal. Next year this time will be interesting to see. Plus there will be plenty availability of both consoles.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be nice to have had more exclusives at launch? Yes. Were MS going to sell every system they make before launch anyway? Also yes. So in the end, it didn't matter.

If anything, these exclusives now coming out when stock levels are higher may help sales.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
You are not being "punished" for being an early adopter. You got exactly what you paid for.

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointing but in 6 months its not like its going to matter. And while on the other side of the fence there's a pair of exclusive experiences in Demon Souls/Astrobot, if you're not into DS its pretty thin launch exclusive wise no matter where you're playing.

Add that to the typical (and atypical COVIDrelated) console shortages out there, none of this matters. I'm enjoying the heck out of my XSX and its whip fast loading, but these consoles are in "soft launch" right now for all intents and purposes. Next year is the real tale of the tape across the board.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is looking more like a late 2022 console for me. The PS5 might be late 2021.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Microsoft doesn't seem to be treating their Xbox One and "Series" lines like a traditional console generation. They seem to be the launching point for an ecosystem of devices kind of like Apple/Samsung do with phones. I don't think they want to pull the plug on Xbox One just yet, but I'm sure that having to develop for so many platforms is kind of a challenge.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really smart of Microsoft to release all their games when the Series consoles become widely available.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Bullshit console warrior nonsense immediately negated by the fact that there are metric shit ton of games on Game Pass.
BC games really shouldn't have to carry a console. Gamepass is a great service but it's a valid complaint that there aren't any real new games to note or they're getting bumped into 2021.

With the acquisition of Zenimax it appears MS are making strides to make the platform more diverse but at present, in terms of content, it's just a continuation of their current strategy, which hasn't been great. They are sorely lacking in comparison to both Sony and Nintendo when it comes to games that draw you to the platform.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing but in 6 months its not like its going to matter. And while on the other side of the fence there's a pair of exclusive experiences in Demon Souls/Astrobot, if you're not into DS its pretty thin launch exclusive wise no matter where you're playing.

Add that to the typical (and atypical COVIDrelated) console shortages out there, none of this matters. I'm enjoying the heck out of my XSX and its whip fast loading, but these consoles are in "soft launch" right now for all intents and purposes. Next year is the real tale of the tape across the board.

There's also Miles Morales, plus playing Cold War and Borderlands 3 with the Dualsense are some pretty great exclusive experiences.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really don't see the big deal with launch lineups these days..

It plays all your stuff... it's just a system upgrade. It's not like when I was a kid and the snes only played snes games.

maybe I'm just old.

My kid played Fortnite on the Series X yesterday and it was so much better than on the old Xbox where it took like 10 minutes to get into a game.The new consoles make all this stuff so much better. I didn't even want to turn on my Xbox One cause it took so frickin long to start anything.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Seriously. Right now, I'm having some of the most fun I've ever had on a console. Despite there being no exclusives. Despite Call of Duty constantly trying to kill my XSX. And despite games like CrossfireX being delayed. Gamepass + BC + Smart Delivery + Play Anywhere (got a PC + Xbox One X + XSX at home) is a killer combo.
Gamepass alone is worth the cost of having it if you do not got a gaming pc. Their is so much to play.