• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The medium
CrossfireX
Scorn

I've always said that people are overreacting about the xbox launch offer. But now its almost as of the no games memes are true. Microsoft have really dropped the ball even harder.
Yes I know there is a pandemic going on. But good planning and management have minimize the impact on Sony's side.
This with the 3rd party games underperforming, It feels like I am being punished for being an early adopter. Oh well. At least bc is amazing.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really no big deal. There's enough on the console to tide you over for a few months, both old and new, so I have no idea why you'd feel like you're being "punished" for early adopting. I mean, this is nowhere near as bad as the 3DS was.

Next year will have plenty of exclusives too, so...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The medium
CrossfireX
Scorn

I've always said that people are overreacting about the xbox launch offer. But now its almost as of the no games memes are true. Microsoft have really dropped the ball even harder.
Yes I know there is a pandemic going on. But good planning and management have minimize the impact on Sony's side.
This with the 3rd party games underperforming, It feels like I am being punished for being an early adopter. Oh well. At least bc is amazing.

Weren't all of those delays known before the console released?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I completely understand. How could you possibly enjoy 3rd party games knowing they run 3 fps smoother on ps5. It would eat at anyone's soul

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's not on Microsoft that some third parties weren't able to release games this year.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I thought The Medium was going to be a console exclusive but I'll probably wind up playing it after I upgrade my PC. I'm still disappointed that MSFS and the XSX seem to be mutually exclusive, I would have gladly played MSFS on the XSX and delayed my PC upgrade for another 2-3 years.

thepiratejay

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
It's really no big deal. There's enough on the console to tide you over for a few months, both old and new, so I have no idea why you'd feel like you're being "punished" for early adopting.

Seriously. Right now, I'm having some of the most fun I've ever had on a console. Despite there being no exclusives. Despite Call of Duty constantly trying to kill my XSX. And despite games like CrossfireX being delayed. Gamepass + BC + Smart Delivery + Play Anywhere (got a PC + Xbox One X + XSX at home) is a killer combo.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It's really no big deal. There's enough on the console to tide you over for a few months, both old and new, so I have no idea why you'd feel like you're being "punished" for early adopting. I mean, this is nowhere near as bad as the 3DS was.

Next year will have plenty of exclusives too, so...

Man the 3DS had a rough start.

Besides Halo what Xbox exclusives are confirmed for 2021?

Oct 25, 2017
Their offering is very disappointing in general, it is the reason I haven't picked up a Series X yet, but it will pick up eventually and will all forget about the lackluster launch.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah sucks, but probably to be expected considering the circumstance. Better to give the devs time to push a product they're proud of then let them release unfished software.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
The medium
CrossfireX
Scorn

Anyone force you to jump in early?

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Game pass easily makes up for it, at least for me. Plenty of games to play especially now with EA Play.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This with the 3rd party games underperforming, It feels like I am being punished for being an early adopter.

I'm not sure who told you being an early adopter was a beneficial position to be in, but it is literally always advantageous to wait until a product or service has matured before buying in. You will 100% of the time be punished for being an early adopter. The only benefit of being an early adopter is...being an early adopter.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
2021 is in 38 days. Basically everything not named Cyberpunk 2077 is pushed to 2021 and beyond.

OP
OP
MiDoZ

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And yet there are thousands of games to play on the device.
I know. And I am playing a lot of them.
Its just I was excited to try some next gen games. Was looking forward on playing the medium with my wife.
Also this forum is very tiring. I can't post anything without being accused of something. Shit is crazy.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
The medium
CrossfireX
Scorn

I was mildly interested in Crossfire x but other than that I wasn't really looking forward to any of those titles. I got my Series x for 3 reasons: AC Valhalla, Like a Dragon, and some BC games I've been trying to get to all of which I feel I got. There aren't any games at all that you've been looking forward to play besides those 3?

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
*reads 'a lot' in the thread title*

*finds 3 in thread*

OP if your comparing the games on 2020 launch games on Xbox Vs PlayStation. Try also comparing the type of games releasing.

the medium,crossfireX, and Scorn were all new IPs developed from the drawing board.
First party games that were released this year like Miles morales and demon souls were not 'from the drawing board games'. They used assets that already existed

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's fine. My guess is, if I started playing Gears Tactics, Assassins Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion tomorrow, I probably wouldn't need a new game to play until Mid-2021, but that's discounting the fact that Cyberpunk is out in 2-3 weeks...so those four games alone would probably get me through 2021 if literally nothing else got released next year.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I agree that there isn't much within the launch window for the system but I don't think we should be blaming Microsoft for third parties deciding to delay stuff.

That said I'm pretty satisfied with the Series X anyway. Game Pass has been excellent and combine that with Yakuza I've been happy so far.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're not wrong, i think many of their aquisitions were made to recently to have anything prepared for launch. Forza needed a total re do, and rare is still in early production on everwild after sea of thieves came out two years ago. Gears 5 is only a year old, all that was left was halo, and when halo wasn't ready (even after 5 years) they had nothing to fall back on. Covid didnt help either. So, they did the only thing they could, they leaned on third party games and gamepass. Sadly those didnt make quite the impact that miles or demons souls
Did. I say this as a fan, not as a troll, i purchased my series x on day one and have been more of an xbox guy since the 360, i was very dissapointed with this launch. To me, it felt as if they were caught with their pants down. Im having fun playing assassins creed and cod on my series x right now, but not having an exclusive on the scale of demons souls or spiderman does have me playing my x less than my ps5 at the moment

OP
OP
MiDoZ

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

*finds 3 in thread*

OP if your comparing the games on 2020 launch games on Xbox Vs PlayStation. Try also comparing the type of games releasing.

the medium,crossfireX, and Scorn were all new IPs developed from the drawing board.
First party games that were released this year like Miles morales and demon souls were not 'from the drawing board games'. They used assets that already existed
Will tbh there is not a lot of them :P

And you are right about Sony's. But that's actually smart. Both of these games give you a "next gen" feeling. Doesn't matter how they were made.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
*throws chair in anger*
I mean, I don't get it. While everyone has a hard on for launch titles there's a reason why nobody plays them two months after they've come out 95% of the time (shouts to Halo and Mario 64) because they are rushed titled that are basically glorified tech demos (and not great ones since the developers are still wrapping their minds around the machines)

There's a reason why the best launch title in years ie Demon Souls, is a remake, lol.

Lets let the platform mature first, and if you stomped out a grandmother to get yours day one and now are feeling buyers remorse, put it on ebay

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Its almost like there is a virus going on that makes it hard for devs to work.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah...I am having a terrible time playing the dashboard. No games whatsoever.

here we go again...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

*finds 3 in thread*

Certainly Demon's Souls was not from the drawing board but to say that it reuses assets confuses me. It retains stuff like AI from the original but I have yet to see any PS3 textures in the game and I'm almost finished.