• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The EGS comparison is apt, that's super minimalistic. Arguably too minimalistic, the lack of text titles is going to suck for people reliant on screen readers and for people in SEA territories (since most games list the languages they support in the text title of the game).

Jury is going to be out on game discoverability, but considering EGS kinda sucks in that regard, it isn't the best comparison point.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When you search for a game, the DLC isn't listed so you have to click into each thumbnail to find out what the game is and what is DLC.

Also when you do find the game page, it doesn't list the DLC.

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.35.02.png

That's crazy with the DLC. Coming off the back of the parties fuck up as well, it feels like the design focus right now is making things cleaner rather than more functional. Seems like they're designing for how it looks and minimalising different spaces/features to keep everything in one place rather than how people actually use these features.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Have they really just removed the Wishlist function then and replaced it with nothing? Sony's decisions this gen are frequently baffling.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I've ever used the online store was when I was too lazy to turn on my console, but this version looks functional

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Pretty sure they'll have text titles in when the store is actually live on 21st?

Would be a huge step backward and a huge accessibility issue if not

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Similar design language to MS Store ironically (- no.. not ironic. "funnily enough")

Don't mind white space, but they do need to convey the information quickly. As long as the info is easy to parse, readily available, and everything loads quickly, that's all fine.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they'll have text titles in when the store is actually live on 21st?

Would be a huge step backward and a huge accessibility issue if not

I'm really hoping so. Although, it seems to have rolled out to all of Australia, so maybe they hit the button too early and it's not done? Fingers crossed anyway.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Not particularly a fan myself, looks a bit toooo simplistic. Will need a dark mode too!

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Interesting that there's not separate sections for PS4 and PS5 games and that it's all seemingly one section. That's potentially good news when it comes to PS6 backwards compatibility.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone here answer how the fuck you people are seeing this new store?

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Interesting that there's not separate sections for PS4 and PS5 games and that it's all seemingly one section. That's potentially good news when it comes to PS6 backwards compatibility.

There needs to be a clearer distinction... at the moment, the icons in lower left corner of the tiles are the same colour and font, the only difference it's either PS4 or PS5... you could easily purchase the "wrong version"...

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, not how you expect, when you click Add-Ons... you get this only... Top 12 Games... no other options! (Yet?)

50506666198_526e601d59_b.jpg
I was gonna say since it's not completely live, this could still be a work in progress.

I can't even get prices to show up like some of these pics. I am on my phone tho.

I expect updates to the new store asap tho, lol.

And my pre orders of PS5 games don't show as Pre ordered in the store like some pics I saw. And I get a page not found error clicking on the PS5 games from my Library.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i don't know, this looks like an unfinished build since there is a lot of accessibility options/features missing, some signifiers like if it's an add-on, what about PS Plus Deals? This is very much barebones as it is, hope the console version isn't as lacking as this one.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
There needs to be a clearer distinction... at the moment, the icons in lower left corner of the tiles are the same colour and font, the only difference it's either PS4 or PS5... you could easily purchase the "wrong version"...

You're right, things would be easier if purchasing one version of a game would get you the game on all systems, like cross buy, across all games. That's the one thing holding them back from this new "merged" PlayStation store.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Man I really don't like the direction for design Sony has taken with everything now. From the hardware of ps5, to its UI, to this.

It all looks like it was designed by someone who sniffs their own farts.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
All I want is a wishlist that can be used on the store and my PS5 and to be able to gift friends games from their lists.

I don't really care about how it looks as long as it has these features.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I was gonna say since it's not completely live, this could still be a work in progress.

I can't even get prices to show up like some of these pics. I am on my phone tho.

I expect updates to the new store asap tho, lol.

And my pre orders of PS5 games don't show as Pre ordered in the store like some pics I saw. And I get a page not found error clicking on the PS5 games from my Library.
It's not live. They sent the email saying updates are happening between oct 21st to the 26th

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Could not access the desktop version here in Aus, but managed to access the new mobile site and... It is white. LIke i feel the design seems to suit the mobile, very minimalistic - almost to the point of leaning too hard into it as a lot of options to browse the store are now either gone or have to be brought up through an extra menu. From the pictures, it looks to me that the desktop version is similar to the mobile site in it's design and minimalistic feature which i think is a shame.

Really disappointing as it seems they have nuked the old site and just hit reset and lost some functionality - like even basic features like wishlisting to start this generation again.

Also found this on the Share Factory Studio for PS5 app on the new store (don't know if this is known before or not):

Now includes 4k HDR support for capture/editing.
Share to Youtube, Twitter and direct to friends in Game Base
Allow to import your own video, images, music and sound effects via USB
One-Time Licence Fee to download to multiple PS5 systems.

Last edited: