• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tonka Dragged

hvgAT1a.jpg

j9SLgPy.jpg

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
It's cool to see that lead kid Amir Wilson become so prominent. He's from my hometown (Shrewsbury) and am familiar with him through his sister who I hung with when I was a teenager on a school trip with another school. I think he was part of a big theatre company here that my mate's now a part of.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
That didn't look interesting at all.
From the trailer all I can tell is the kid has to deliver a letter, but some people don't want him to. Notbing interesting about the premis or the world.
Also how much fantasy are we talking here? Because "guy lights hand on fire" is one step below "guy makes card disappear".

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a looong time since I read the book, but I don't remember any magic being in it? Are they just adding that in to spice it up?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Why so many shows with kids? Kids are annoying. Stranger Things was a mistake (loved the first season though).
Also looks like they had to reuse some assets from the Witcher show, lol. Is that old guy in the trailer Kim Bodnia as Vesemir? I am confused.
Will watch anyway because I am a sucker for Fantasy. And it doesn't look cheap at least.

Ivy Veritas

Jan 5, 2019
I don't usually like to chime in on things like this, because everyone has different tastes, but I just finished this show and it's got some of the worst writing I've ever seen, both for dialogue and story. A lot of the acting is dreadful too (the antagonist in particular), but I wouldn't necessarily blame the actors. How are they supposed to overcome such an awful script?

Oct 26, 2017
I don't usually like to chime in on things like this, because everyone has different tastes, but I just finished this show and it's got some of the worst writing I've ever seen, both for dialogue and story. A lot of the acting is dreadful too (the antagonist in particular), but I wouldn't necessarily blame the actors. How are they supposed to overcome such an awful script?
Oh. Well this is disappointing. Should I stop? I'm nearing the end of the first episode.

Ivy Veritas

Jan 5, 2019
Oh. Well this is disappointing. Should I stop? I'm nearing the end of the first episode.

If you stop, you'll miss the finale--the most pointless scene ever filmed.

Seriously, though, how bored are you? If you're bored, you might as well keep going as long as you can stand it. Just remember that the first episode is the closest the series ever comes to being decent.

The second episode appears to be missing an entire critical section. I think an editor cut something by accident that wasn't supposed to be cut. It's all downhill from there.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the review, will avoid lol

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife (and I i guess) are on the 6th or 7th episode.

she likes it. I think it's fine from what I've seen. It's full of tropes and nothing new or original but it's fine for what it is.

Oct 26, 2017
If you stop, you'll miss the finale--the most pointless scene ever filmed.

Seriously, though, how bored are you? If you're bored, you might as well keep going as long as you can stand it. Just remember that the first episode is the closest the series ever comes to being decent.

The second episode appears to be missing an entire critical section. I think an editor cut something by accident that wasn't supposed to be cut. It's all downhill from there.
I actually like what I've seen so far. But what you've said is kinda killing my enthusiasm.

I'll watch maybe the next two and decide.

Btw the antagonist is definitely trying to imitate Richard Madden but badly.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm 2 eps in and it's extremely formulaic and mediocre. Why in the hell does one of the actors, only one, have a strong Irish accent?

It has that nice NZ scenery we saw in LotR, but it's no LotR.