• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

It is officially licensed by Mitsuda's company.

Masashi Hamauzu, known for his music on FF10, FF13 and FF7 Remake is arranging some pieces, but you also have Mariam Abounnasr who was involved in Oninaki and Another Eden, and Akio Noguchi, who is a pianist who performed for Xenoblade 2, Another Eden and Monster Hunter Iceborne. I believe all of it will be performed by Benyamin Nuss, who is the pianist of official Square concerts and he is an absurdly skilled one. Like one of the best I've heard live.

acrosstheworldstracklist.jpg

Kiyoshi Arai will be the artist for the album, who worked on FFXII, FFXIV and Xenoblade X.

acrosstheworldsprints.jpg

STRETCH GOALS

1cb8484b426ad17d9a9e808222194ba9_original.png

We should at least have this battle medley!

Let me reiterate:

MASASHI HAMAUZU IS THE ARRANGER OF THE PIANO COLLECTION OF ONE OF THE BEST VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACK IN THE WORLD. Please let make this happen, this is a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not a fan of Hamauzu or the Chrono Cross soundtrack. I'd rather have a piano collection for Chrono Trigger or Xenogears.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Don't usually kickstart any projects any more but this is run by Mitsuda, so of course I will.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Lemme pledge rn.

Chrono Cross might just be the greatest soundtrack ever made for a game.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Piano Collections for one of the best soundtracks of all time arranged partly by one of the best arrangers of all time? Count me in.
Imo Hamauzu is even better as an arranger than as a composer.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Cross sounds best with ethnic instruments (as opposed to orchestral or piano arrangement), but I'm still in!

That Radical Dreamers music box looks glorious!!

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Ah. Then nope. Thanks!
Even though he's not doing the arrangements himself, some of these are long time collaborators of his, whom he trusts.

I think people should keep in mind the difference between an arranger and a composer; not all video game composers are good arrangers, especially when you have specific styles or instruments involved. These arrangers are much more experienced in arranging for solo piano than Mitsuda is.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Backed it. Piano editions of video game OSTs are a favorite of mine, so I am happy to back this.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want the signed tier. They're not going very fast though, so I can probably think about.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't there be a lower price tier with just the music box and a digital album? Do they ever release a second edition of these things? Tried looking on their website and somehow everything showed up in French.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, gonna have to back. Hamauzu's piano arrangements are always wonderful.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Just backed the CD version, I've barely played CC but the music is great and I love a good Piano Collection of JRPG tunes!

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
chrono cross is definitely, without a doubt, one of the best game osts of all time. hope that last goal gets hit!

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Yasunori Nishiki is the next big composer of Square Enix, he is Yoko Shimomura x Nobuo Uematsu incarnate, mark my words and quote me years from now even if I get banned again for making a joke about Persona 5's teacher x student relationship in the future. His work in Octopath Traveler and FF7R is absolutely stellar.

Remember his name kids, for he will be a star.

Last edited:

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Yasunori Mitsuda is the next big composer of Square Enix, he is Yoko Shimomura x Nobuo Uematsu incarnate, mark my words and quote me years from now even if I get banned again for making a joke about Persona 5's teacher x student relationship in the future. His work in Octopath Traveler and FF7R is absolutely stellar.

You're thinking of Yasunori Nishiki.

(And he is absolutely SE's best in-house composer at this point.)

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
You're thinking of Yasunori Nishiki.

(And he is absolutely SE's best in-house composer at this point.)
lmao, yes. Sorry. And yeah Nishiki-san is going to be HUGE. I'm thinking he will be the next main composer for FF XVI, since he was also allowed to compose the track for the final boss fight in VII Remake alongside Hamauzu and Uematsu

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, yes. Sorry. And yeah Nishiki-san is going to be HUGE. I'm thinking he will be the next main composer for FF XVI, since he was also allowed to compose the track for the final boss fight in VII Remake alongside Hamauzu and Uematsu

Possible although I imagine he'll be kept quite busy with the Octopath Traveler franchise.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
And it has met the goal. I hope it can meet the 80K goal because Life is one of my favorite songs in the game. I remember being so shook when I heard it for the first time.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, backed instantly!

I just wish there was a less expensive tier for the sheet music. I don't need all that other junk, and I already own Sailing to the World.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I'd love to go for it but €28 shipped for the CD is a bit much for me especially when there'll be import duty on it too.

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Here's our first look at a full track:

I'm very happy with it. The arrangement is not simply retreading, but rather does its own thing in texture and mood while also retaining enough familiarity. I'm also glad that it is fairly restrained and not over the top with force and complexity, even though Benyamin would be perfectly up to that task. And this is coming from one of the arrangers whom I feared might keep things too safe!

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I feel like Chrono Cross is sort of like the Majora's Mask of this short-lived franchise in that it didn't get enough recognition compared to the previous entry.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
All I seen was kickstarter and Chrono Cross. Then I REALLY read the title. I am disappoint

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Backed for the CD. Honestly I have barely played CC but the music is great so I'm stoked for this.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah just got the update email. Was hoping to have it as a nice holiday soundtrack to play around the house next month but I understand that supply chains all over the world are all gummed up :/ Bummer but not unexpected.