• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of months ago a giant eyeball appeared at Polar Peak:

PnXNVmv.jpg

A giant monster was frozen inside. Eventually, it broke free and not only destroyed the castle at Polar Peak but also other locations around the map. We never saw it though.

In response, a giant mech was slowly being built at Pressure Plant:

HCQuC8F.jpg

And now in just a few hours these two are going to fight:

cpwWBAZ.jpg

It's all about to go down at 2PM ET.

Last edited:

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Sure, I'll download it again. I got to level 4 this season because I didn't buy the Battle Pass. The last seasons I almost got to the end but dropped off heavily these last two.

But for a giant Mecha fight? Sure I'll tune in. Their season changing events are definantly some of the best Live events in a video game.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
How do you "join it"? Or how does it work?

Does it happen when you are playing? So if you get killed during the even, you get booted off the instance and can miss it?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is cool. Hopefully there's a livestream.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It happens in the middle of a match. There was a live event almost a year ago where everyone was teleported into this really trippy instance and a cutscene played for every player simultaneously before dropping us into the map again:
oyBBbxI.gif

The thing about events is that people usually stop fighting and so you have a huge group of players watching a thing happen or even in some cases collaborating, there was an event where players voted on which weapon/items should come back:
mtgcV3O.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElBoxy

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
So the giant robot and monster fight during the actual games? How exactly does that work?

Does it happen when you are playing? So if you get killed during the even, you get booted off the instance and can miss it?
If it's like the previous events, there will be a special LTM that disables weapons so no one is killed. We don't really know how this event will go though. Epic is promoting this like it's a boxing match.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty damned excited for this. I wonder if the monster is going to be an evolution of the Ninja/Dragon hybrids since it was buried in Polar Peak along with the Prisoner.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to sign up or check in early to participate? How long does this event last for?

Asking for my kid.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
It happens in the middle of a match. There was a live event almost a year ago where everyone was teleported into this really trippy instance and a cutscene played for every player simultaneously before dropping us into the map again:
oyBBbxI.gif

The thing about events is that people usually stop fighting and so you have a huge group of players watching a thing happen or even in some cases collaborating, there was an event where players voted on which weapon/items should come back:
mtgcV3O.gif
Haven't played Fortnite in over a year, but this stuff is hella cool

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played a second of Fortnite but I enjoy the frequent updates and changes immensely. Have a fun streamer open and will watch the ensuing chaos live.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's cool as hell, do you get anything for participating?
I know you got Marshmello stuff for his concert.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Fortnite a few months ago (the urge to spend money on skins I knew I wouldn't wear was just too high, I had to cut if off), but the live events are incredible, so I'll watch it on Twitch.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Whomst is the best streamer to watch for this sort of thing? Never really been into Fortnite or the scene surrounding it, but I've got an hour to kill.