• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A few weeks back, a few friends of mine and I did a Sandbox VR game. For those who don't know:

Basically you go in a large green screen room, get kitted out with VR equipment (headset, mics, and tracking balls on your wrists and ankles) along with a gun or some kind of weapon and you can move around in the room with your friends and basically shoot and attack shit. Seems pretty basic and the visuals aren't great (calling it PS2 quality might be generous haha) but as a proof of concept, it's actually quite stunning. It made me think, these kinds of hyper VR chambers combined with games that have huge development in terms of physics and visuals might be an unmatched game experience (and also fucked up when you're physically participating in that level of visceral violence in a more realistic way then using a controller).

Would you play something like this?

images

DRULYBXA

Oct 25, 2017
Anything that brings the Red Dwarf Gunmen of the Apocalypse episode one step closer to reality is fine by me.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I played parts of RDR2 through the PSVR cinematic mode in first person, it was pretty cool, i would be down for a legitimate VR version instead of an obviously fake one though lol

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
it would be the kind of game that would make me pull the trigger on high end VR.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Is Vorpx any good? Saw it when I got the first Rift so it was still just starting to become a thing then.

It's regularly improved by the developer, now featuring even limited D3D12 support. Of course, it's far from a perfect VR experience, but it's the closest you can get for most non-native VR games as long as the game is on this list. The best ones support DirectVR.

Here's a video of RDR2 through vorpX.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Would be pretty damn cool, fanning the revolver with the VR controllers. Only thing is, can I fit a cowboy hat on my head along with the headset? Otherwise what's the point.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BewareILive

Oct 28, 2017
There are already some good VR mods for GTAV so if RDR2 is running on the same engine it's likely we'll get one pretty quickly. If not there's always Vorpx.