• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Amazon has the Switch version of A Hat in Time available for pre-order for $39.99. According to them, it will be released on October 18.

This is the first physical version of the game as well since it was digital only on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

UPDATE: We have confirmation now. The "Seal the Deal" DLC will be included via the eShop:

IGN said:
Purchasers of the physical Nintendo Switch version will also get the Seal the Deal downloadable content, although it will need to be downloaded separately from the eShop. Seal the Deal was previously exclusive to the PC version. PlayStation 4 and Xbox players are still waiting for that content. Seal the Deal adds a whole new chapter to play through, a challenge mode, bonus levels, cosmetic items, and photo filters.

The base Nintendo Switch version also adds local fullscreen cooperative play. This marks the first time co-op play has come to consoles.

81XDkogRV7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Oh shit another 3D platformer in the same period, I want to play everything :(

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well it's 10 bucks more... they better have included seal the deal but finally we have a date

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My friend who loves the game to death is definitely going to be excited about this. I wonder if it'll include Nyakuza Metro or just Seal the Deal?

Hopefully both because Nyakuza is the best chapter in the game.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Have they removed JonTron yet?

Gah, JonTron is in this? Shit. I really wanted to play this, too. :(

Not going to support a dev who is willing to employ and give exposure to alt-right psychos, though. If they remove or have removed/recast his role, however, that's a different story. Not their fault if they weren't aware of his horrifically scummy behavior when they cast him (well, it kind of is, but I'm willing to let an innocent mistake slide).

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's interesting that it includes the DLC since, unless it changed, they said they wouldn't port it to PS4/One because it wouldn't be worth it.

OP
OP
G_Shumi

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Have they removed JonTron yet?
I don't see any news saying whether or not they did or did not remove him, like when Playtonic announced that they patched him out of Yooka-Laylee, so I really don't know. I know Jontron is a terrible person but there are so many other people who worked on the game that aren't shitty, so I wouldn't let one person ruin a game for everyone. (Or we can wait to buy the game used so none of the money goes to Gears for Breakfast.)

Well it's 10 bucks more... they better have included seal the deal but finally we have a date.
I hope it includes the DLC as well but they haven't even put that out on PS4 and Xbox One. Here's hoping though.

Looks like that for now since I didn't see a listing on Amazon CA but Switch games are region free.

So...is that the digital release date too?
It might be. October 18 does fall on a Friday and that is when Nintendo Switch games are typically released.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I know everyone hates Jontron, he has one line and you don't even have to speak with him. I can't say for certain but it's reasonable to say he probably had a bigger role in the game, based on the events within that games area. Just wanted to remind anyone who thinks he's some main character.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Hope the performance is good! If so, day one for me! (or more like day 2, to wait review and tech analysis).
Still sad about the fact that JonTron still in the game though. But games are (usually) made by lots of people,
won't let one guy ruin it.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most people probably already know Mechatheslag blackmailed MaxofSD2 and stole some of his work, but I knew the guy a decade ago on an old forum called MFGG. He's dangerous and manipulative.

You can read a lot about him Here on this Minus World (MFGG successor) master post.

Tl;dr he hid viruses in some fan games he had up for download, and he tracked down a user's personal information and threatened them with it.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Most people probably already know Mechatheslag blackmailed MaxofSD2 and stole some of his work, but I knew the guy a decade ago on an old forum called MFGG. He's dangerous and manipulative.

You can read a lot about him Here on this Minus World (MFGG successor) master post.

Tl;dr he hid viruses in some fan games he had up for download.

Yeah, the big two barriers to entry are this, MechaTheSlag being the head developer and being a total loser who stole work from contracted artists and is a scum person, and Jontron having a voiced line in the game, and the developer's refusal to remove him despite massive protest, opting instead to ignore the issue Entirely, most likely facilitated by the lead.

Outside that, the game is really cute and fun. And most of the people working on it yadda yadda yadda most people working on ANYTHING don't suck, make your choice and keep it to yourself if you're embarrassed.

regardless, be informed about who's receiving your money, and protest publicly about these issues, such as on twitter, if they bother you.

Don't just post here about it.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Is this game really as good as Mario Odysee? I've been tempted to get it on PS4 for a long time.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
I found some off-screen gameplay sometime ago of the Switch version. From what I can see, the game seem to run okay.
The level overview at the start seem to be the worst case I saw. (The game simply freeze it seem)

jeyu

Dec 6, 2018
I know everyone hates Jontron, he has one line and you don't even have to speak with him. I can't say for certain but it's reasonable to say he probably had a bigger role in the game, based on the events within that games area. Just wanted to remind anyone who thinks he's some main character.
I don't hate him . And you're rigth . Don't let him block you for enjoying this awesome game guys . He's totally optional if you don't like him .

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game really as good as Mario Odysee? I've been tempted to get it on PS4 for a long time.
Not even close. It's got a few interesting worlds (mostly the first one; it's all downhill from there) and it's fun while it lasts (about 7 hours) but in the end I found it to be a decent, but ultimately unspectacular platformer. Worth a tenner maybe. Keep your expectations in check.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
JonTron's not the only problem though. Like many people here mentioned, Mecha is a huge problem because of his actions.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't hate him . And you're rigth . Don't let him block you for enjoying this awesome game guys . He's totally optional if you don't like him .

Out of curiosity, do you not hate him because you haven't heard of his extremely vile and racist opinions and vocal support of US Rep Steve King, or do you just not care?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's kinda shitty that they're making a Switch version when the PS4 and Xbone versions have been abandoned with none of the recent updates and any DLC. I liked the game at first but upon learning what I'm missing out on, I lost the desire to play it halfway through.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Great news! I hope the physical release either happens in Europe too, or via a retailer that ships to Europe. Otherwise it will be pretty expensive for me :(.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Man, this game looks really appealing but yeah, after looking up the stuff about the dev and the whole JonTron thing, hard pass.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So are any press on this site gonna reach out to the Devs about if John Tron is in this?