• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Protesters calling for gyms to reopen in Florida are doing squats and push-ups outside the Clearwater courthouse

The best strategy to show the necessity of opening a gym during a global pandemic is showcasing the ease with which they can perform many exercises at home.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
I've heard many americans say that protests don't work but here you have like 20 dudes getting TV coverage.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has been working out from home this is the absolute depths of stupidity. Just but yourself a fucking pull up bar and a yoga mat and you can get your ass in shape with body weight exercises alone.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck em. Luckily there's 99% chance that these are mostly Scientologists so most normal folks around here aren't even phased by the stay at home stuff. The church refuses to believe the virus is a real thing and they love their CrossFit gyms - which are all closed right now. And the courthouse is located within downtown which is the spooky ghost town they own.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
"I know I can exercise at home, but if I don't go to the gym, how can I try to pick up chicks while poking fun of fat people who are trying to lose weight?"

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But they're doing exercises outside without the gym to protest the gym being closed

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
courthouse should put out a 90 day challenge and tell them if they can complete it, they'll re-open the gyms.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
courthouse should put out a 90 day challenge and tell them if they can complete it, they'll re-open the gyms.
tenor.gif

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Haha! Idiots... Gyms are one of the last things to re-open.

It's really fascinating how covid has shown so many different facets of human psychology. Like these guys have put so much of their life and identity into working out, that going to the gym becomes more important than fighting a pandemic. You can see it with the 2nd ammendment people too. "Here are my guns!" well, ok? Good for you I guess.

Maybe it's a defence mechanism, that they need something to hide how empty they are inside. Covid is shining a light on that and it's really uncomfortable for them.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
As someone who has been working out from home this is the absolute depths of stupidity. Just but yourself a fucking pull up bar and a yoga mat and you can get your ass in shape with body weight exercises alone.

This. I don't have all the equipment in my garage, so have had to use some body weight exercises. Even if you have zero gym equipment, you can get into pretty good shape with just body weight exercises alone.

I will say that I am looking forward to the gym reopening. I miss the pool. I miss the steam room and I really miss deadlifts.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I miss the gym badly. Trust me. But nothing needs to open until it's safe to do so, and gyms will rightly be one of the last things to open.

Just run, so lame home workouts, and try to hunt down some of the last pieces of equipment still on the market.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Americans will protest for the dumbest of thing but not to better their lives, can't make this shit up lol
I talked with an american girl some months ago (before the covid) about the protesting thing, like this actually worked in europe and I couldnt understand why things were so bad in the USA with healthcare and other awful problems and they didnt went in droves to the streets.
She told me that american culture was like that, that people just didnt want to protest becuase for them that stuff didnt work.

And now i see that they actually weant to protest, but about the most insane and inane things just to stick it to the "left" and "mu freedom"
I think the void is just shwoing that USA has a VERY serious problem about everything and I dont think they will ever get better.