• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
"she's a complete 10" yeah OP i trust your opinions on workplace harassment

also i came here to lazily drive-by post but the latest posts are making me feel like this guy got dragged in an amazing fashion and now i have to read the entire thread

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So er OP do you...still want to claim that you're not misogynistic or would you like to retract that statement?

I don't really agree. I think in this context it can be awkward, or maybe some time needs to pass. But I really don't think a [sincere] apology would ever hurt.
Part of the problem is that apologies seem to go hand-in-hand with making excuses instead of just straight-up admitting wrongdoing.

I think in this context that neither OP or his friends think what they did was wrong.

Also reason why I said it was a bad idea as it could seem like he's hounding her when he has previously made her feel uncomfortable and HR pretty much dealt with it.

Nov 11, 2017
'Nice going dude, she saw you'

Yeah the problem was that she caught him 😒 not that a new colleague was made uncomfortable.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Too bad this forum updates suck and doesn't take you direct to the post in reference on mobile with these links.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
My issue was not with her but the workplace in general. Word got around so fast and twisted and I felt like I needed to defend him based on the accusations being thrown at him.

It not twisted. He got caught doing textbook sexual harassment. You should not be defending him to anyone. Don't be blaming your co workers for wondering if the work with a creeper. He is the one that changed the work dynamic, not them.

It is justice. He and you are getting a taste of how uncomfortable he made the lady. Learn from it and change, or find a new job.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Never said what he did was not wrong. It's unprofessional. Plain and simple.
I can only imagine if he ends up collaborating with her.

My issue was not with her but the workplace in general. Word got around so fast and twisted and I felt like I needed to defend him based on the accusations being thrown at him.

I have told him to apologize to her privately. If she accepts great, if not then he has to live with it.

accusations as in more women coming forward or about this particular incident?

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I don't understand how you can think following reasonable protocol is "bullshit". Take yourself outside of the situation and try and comprehend why events happened the way they did, and the consequences of whose ultimately risky action were actually warranted.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna go devil's advocate on this one: I feel this is a tad disingenuous. Defending himself from the accusation that he wanted to call his colleague a bitch, he said he has never called a woman that before; it's fair to think this was centered around a more direct, malicious, gendered version of that, and not so much the impersonal, snarky version he threw out in that post. I mean, that was basically another take on "bye, bitch," which I don't think most people would log into instances you've called a woman that word.

Plus...the snark was warranted, considering it was directed at a horrible racist person.

Now, this is all rather charitable. Has the OP snarkily called men that? Does a man throwing that word in a woman's direction ever not have gendered connotations? Has the OP given any reason to believe that the word 'bitch' is super stigmatized in his head?

Probably not, probably not, and that last one is a straight up no. But still. In the end, the OP's point was that the accusation was unfair, and I don't think the post contradicts that.

Let me now make a recommendation to the OP: come in, own up to your broish blindspots, and try to look at the situation you described in your OP through a different lens. Like I just did for you.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
"She's a complete 10." You sound like you're part of the bro culture. He most definitely deserved a warning.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really want to know what these accusations about his friend are that is so concerning.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems premature as fuck, no one's been fired yet.
He absolutely deserves a warning and a talking to by HR

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017

50ppp vs whatever posts/page you're using most likely

Resetera 1.0 used to let you create universal post links by copying the link from the post number and post-per-page specific post links (meaning a link created by a user with 120 posts per page will only properly work for another user with 120 posts per page, for everyone else it will take them to the wrong post) by copying the link on the post timestamp. Resetera 2.0 creates post-per-page specific links for both now.

You have to manually edit your links.

Fixing it for now is a manual process. So get the post-per-page specific links that Resetera 2.0 now gives and then delete everything from the "/threads" until the "/post-" and replace it with "/posts/" to create a universal direct link to the post.

So
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-...ch-made-her-uncomfortable.86916/post-15954560
becomes
https://www.resetera.com/posts/15954560

See the edited posts in the quotes for examples

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm? Don't harass co-workers.

Read his last response. He supposedly already knows this but his concern all along is some accusations against his friend. If that was truly the OPs intent I would think that would be an important piece of information we should know. So I'd like to know exactly what these concerning accusations are.