• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 30, 2020
I had a neighbor incensed by this kind of thing but I've also seen him at the beach using the flag to swaddle his dick, balls and arse.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Burn away. That's your right. It's just a flag.

On the topic of the day itself, I don't see much anything to celebrate today.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
why do i feel like ive posted in a thread like this here before? and that i remember that it got locked

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
User warned: sniping, ignoring staff post
The one thing that I always find very weird about US communists is that their entire project hinges on the US military being willing to overthrow the US government (as US-based militias stand no chance against the US military in combat), but they also constantly are against the institutions that are generally aligned with the US military as well as the US military itself.

It just comes off as so bad tactically to make the whole thing seem like a LARP.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The one thing that I always find very weird about US communists is that their entire project hinges on the US military being willing to overthrow the US government (as US-based militias stand no chance against the US military in combat), but they also constantly are against the institutions that are generally aligned with the US military as well as the US military itself.

It just comes off as so bad tactically to make the whole thing seem like a LARP.
They just want things to change for the better, not…whatever you're talking about.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017

Wat

wideface

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Honestly surprised by the lack of "ow the edge" replies from some of our most Prominent Members, like last year.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Feel like flying the USA flag upside down right now is a more appropriate sentiment, at least as an American.

That or getting a union battle flag.

I mean feel free to burn it if you want, I ain't gonna complain.

People who get mad about a piece of cloth getting set on fire, we invite you to Mission BBQ

Their food must be painfully mediocre to be served up with that side of jingoism.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly surprised by the lack of "ow the edge" replies from some of our most Prominent Members, like last year.
Maybe they've decided to take their own political advice and "read the room."

Or they're banned/requested account closures. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
why do i feel like ive posted in a thread like this here before? and that i remember that it got locked
You posted "Chill" last year.
Very glad. It was good to make the thread last year, and it's good to make it this year.
Or they're banned/requested account closures.
🤷🏿‍♀️
Yeah, I did see a lot of them are gone now lol
edit: my quote made the spoiler tag look odd and enlarged your emote. huh.

wideface

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Maybe they've decided to take their own political advice and "read the room."

Or they're banned/requested account closures. 🤷🏿‍♀️
You posted "Chill" last year.

Very glad. It was good to make the thread last year, and it's good to make it this year.

Yeah, I did see a lot of them are gone now lol
edit: my quote made the spoiler tag look odd and enlarged your emote. huh.
Hell yeah. Looking forward to next year's.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
i missed the OG thread the first time around and god damn the whole first page is so embarrassing...i cant read any more

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As a non-American, I'd be sliiiightly more sympathetic about it, like I think maybe more 'normal' (non Trump psycho) Americans would also be offended by it. Because honestly the indoctrination over there into nation-worship and flag-worship is crazy compared to anywhere else I've seen in the world, like loads of houses fly the flag and every day at school you need to say shit about it? Wtf? If you were a normal person with a sheltered and/or quiet upbringing I'm sure the flag-worship would seem like the norm and seeing people burn it would be shocking, even if you weren't a mad god-fearing Republican.

It used to be cool dunking on conservatives who got tilted by flag burning in the ME after Iraq and Afghanistan. How much things have changed these past 2 decades.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): ignoring staff post, thread derail
Official Staff Communication
What did I say about the fucking sniping? Knock it off or get banned.
this is weird and hostile for no reason, especially since there's an administrator on the same page making the same type of posts you're calling out

weird people are on this site and they deserve to be called out

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
With the current supreme court, it's only a matter of time until Texas v. Johnson, the 1989 case which declared flag burning is a constitutional right, is overturned.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Even if you don't agree with burning the flag, this sure as hell isn't a day worth celebrating.

And I'm definitely not celebrating it whatsoever.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
The only treatment the flag deserves at this point. There is nothing about this flag and the country it symbolizes worth celebrating.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely nothing whatsoever to celebrate about. America is a Police State that has time and again failed basically everyone except straight, white, Christian, American male demographic. Including children.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It used to be cool dunking on conservatives who got tilted by flag burning in the ME after Iraq and Afghanistan. How much things have changed these past 2 decades.
I don't really get your post because it seems waaaay too deeply American-entrenched for me to understand, but let me clarify exactly what I meant:
- burning the flag is great
- conservatives getting angry about it is great
- but I imagine there is a huge number of non-conservative, nice, normal-ass people who find it a genuinely shocking/unpleasant sight because your culture wildly indoctrinates them into worshipping the symbol, so I can understand some amount of "omg" about the act and don't necessarily blame them