• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
RWDjs1a.jpg

0E2grdz.jpg

XhmgWXo.jpg

NnauAiY.jpg

OhcgXJY.jpg

Happy fourth everybody.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
George Carlin put it best: Flags are for the symbol-minded.

Edit: I know I'm going to keep getting quoted.

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
10am monday and i'm already seeing burning flags, i suspect this will be a good day

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I never get the deal about burning flags. I have seen my countries flag being burned by angry people even from a different country and stamped on.
And i am like oke and move on.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The people offended by flag burning are the same ones who fly giant Trump banners behind their trucks because they don't have a real personality of their own. Their church / racist family and friends / Fox News tells them to be outraged, therefore they are outraged. Happy 4th of July!

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
"Eef yew dun' lahk uh-murricah ye' should jus' leave! We have our Frrreeeeduuuuuummmmbs!"
"Ok, if we're so free, you should be fine with the expression of burning this here flag"

"No... wait ye' can't do that!"

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I was clicking on this thread with a frown on my face and then saw the pics lmao. You got me op

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
lmao I was wondering if this thread was gonna be made after last year. But I feel after the supreme court ruling it's more prudent than ever, fuck the flag. Godspeed OP

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's a weird feeling when you get in a situation as an adult where the pledge of allegiance is being said. I went my entire school life saying it every weekday but as an adult I recently found myself in that situation again and it was a kind of sweet relief seeing I had forgotten most of it. It is deeply uncomfortable when I find myself in a group of people doing it

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
Last year's edition of this thread was wild. I wonder if people will be less upset about It when considering the recent stuff going on.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Not going to lie when I finally went to the US in 2019 it was a bit jarring seeing flags everywhere, even the hotel I stayed in had one out front. Even though US media does show that this is quite common in some places.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Last year's edition of this thread was wild. I wonder if people will be less upset about It when considering the recent stuff going on.

It was honestly one of the best thread on Era's history. No way this year can top that. Plus America is in full speed ahead to hell world with no breaks so 2021 edition will be forever the GOAT.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooft missed this, anybody got a link?

The people offended by flag burning are the same ones who fly giant Trump banners behind their trucks because they don't have a real personality of their own. Their church / racist family and friends / Fox News tells them to be outraged, therefore they are outraged. Happy 4th of July!
As a non-American, I'd be sliiiightly more sympathetic about it, like I think maybe more 'normal' (non Trump psycho) Americans would also be offended by it. Because honestly the indoctrination over there into nation-worship and flag-worship is crazy compared to anywhere else I've seen in the world, like loads of houses fly the flag and every day at school you need to say shit about it? Wtf? If you were a normal person with a sheltered and/or quiet upbringing I'm sure the flag-worship would seem like the norm and seeing people burn it would be shocking, even if you weren't a mad god-fearing Republican.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is reminding me that my neighbor has a giant Trump flag on the back wall of his garage. It just reads Trump in large letters. Too much of a coward to display it outside. Hilariously pathetic.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Burning the flag is common, it's how you're supposed to dispose them. They're just doing it incorrectly.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to celebrate with a burning of the flag but I have absolutely no reason to ever own one of those things.