• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
giphy.gif

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't wait. Need NOW. Just rewatched the first two seasons. Even better the second time through

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Martha is pretty much Jonas in the alternate world since Jonas doesn't exist there. There are some scenes from the trailer that strongly make it appear that it's her. Plus Jonas being Adam and Martha being Eve considering how they play into the central story would make a lot of sense given what we already know.
The only thing I don't get about this theory is how the parallel works. We know Martha is the daughter of Ulrich and Kat, so she can't therefore be a parallel to Jonas, who is a child out of time. Maybe there will be a justification for it.

A lot of the show is based on Hermeticism which means there has to be an equal but opposite to Jonas, there has to be someone in this alt world who also is born from a parent who is from a different time. I've also thought maybe the show wasn't suggesting Jonas was never born, but maybe that he is killed at one point and yet that does not solve the knot, that a world without Jonas doesn't make it better.

Claudia must have gotten there somehow and gotten alt Martha to save Jonas because why would alt Martha want to save Jonas if he was never born and she couldn't form a bond with him? Why should she care about someone she doesn't know? Unless they fall in love over the course of S3 because the future there influenced it.

Or perhaps following the Hermeticism since everything is mental, these alt worlds all share the same vibes. So all Marthas have a feeling for all Jonas' (Jonasi? Jonases? ha) and vice versa, the thread that cleaves everything together, the invisible bond that remains.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh I can't wait. Plan to binge this after I'm done with TLOU2.

Well I'm the opposite. I plan on stopping playing a lot of hours of TLOU 2 this weekend until I've watched 4 episodes tops each day. Maybe we watch it slower but honestly I doubt it. 4 on saturday, 4 on sunday, sounds like a good deal.

Borocor

Oct 27, 2017
Just binge watched seasons 1 & 2 and can't wait for season 3.

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be no retail activity at all in Winden?

There don't seem to be any stores whatsoever in the town, lol. They are never seen getting groceries or buying clothes in a store that I can remember. There are no scenes in restaurants. No movie theaters or other entertainment venues, etc.

About the only places where Windenites would conceivably need money was at Tannhaus (the clockmaker) or at the hotel. I guess there is what looks like a gas station in the background near the prostitute's trailer.

Just thought it was strange. Maybe just a cost issue with having to have different sets for these kinds of establishments in the different timelines.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017

There don't seem to be any stores whatsoever in the town, lol. They are never seen getting groceries or buying clothes in a store that I can remember. There are no scenes in restaurants. No movie theaters or other entertainment venues, etc.

About the only places where Windenites would conceivably need money was at Tannhaus (the clockmaker) or at the hotel. I guess there is what looks like a gas station in the background near the prostitute's trailer.

Just thought it was strange. Maybe just a cost issue with having to have different sets for these kinds of establishments in the different timelines.
Lol that is fascinating.....the only instance I can remember of someone even eating food is young Noah with his apple....and I guess the "toast Hawaii" although we don't ever see it.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I can't wait to finally watch this! I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all ends. Going to spend my weekend splitting time between this and TLoU2!

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Won't be able to watch much this weekend but I'll try and watch through it all next week :) really excited, easily the best show I've seen in years

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I just finished season one yesterday. Crazy stuff. Looking forward to catching up and watching the new season.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Any good recap?

The recap before season 2 on Netflix was garbage. I still had to go back and read through the wiki to bring myself back up to speed.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

That's really not that unusual, small towns in Germany usually don't really have all that many stores and ppl mostly just drive to the next bigger city for shopping. The town i live in which is at least as big as Winden i assume had 1 Aldi, 2 bars, a restaurant and a bakery that's it. The bars and the restaurant are now closed permanently because of corona so only the bakery and the Aldi is left.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I watched the first 3 episodes last year and didn't really want to go on at the time but I'm prepared to continue now.

Does it get better?

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Just realised Ulrich and old Ulrich are played by different actors. I was convinced it was the same guy in a wig.

It's insane just how good the casting for this show is

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Just realised Ulrich and old Ulrich are played by different actors. I was convinced it was the same guy in a wig.

what the

what the fuck

I remember thinking something along the lines of "Hmm, they went a little half-assed with the old person makeup there."

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Exactly, I was the same each time I watched season 2. I mentioned it above, the casting is sublime not only in appearance and characterization but also on acting between same characters actors.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
It's very educational. At some point in S2 I realised most scences contained one if the holy trinity of German words.
Anfang
Zukunft
Scheisse

If you're suicidal make a drinking game based on them.

Shame S3 is das ende, I think I'd have been fluent if it was a bit longer.

Dec 31, 2017
It's very educational. At some point in S2 I realised most scences contained one if the holy trinity of German words.
Anfang
Zukunft
Scheisse

If you're suicidal make a drinking game based on them.

Shame S3 is das ende, I think I'd have been fluent if it was a bit longer.

Don't forget the authentic German greeting "Ultimate Fist Bump"

The whole town doesn't make sense to be honest. It's referred to as a small town throughout the series yet feels/looks like a village. It has its own police department including a criminal police unit, forensic medicine and a jail for people with mental illnesses. That's extremely unlikely at best.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I've finished my rewatch of the first two seasons and it's easily my favorite tv-series.

The characters, story, sound and cinematography are all fantastic. During my rewatch I wondered if the creators ever talked about Hannibal, because I can see similarities in the way the shows are shot.

And the casting is still as insane as it ever was. You instantly recognise the characters, whatever age they are.

Come on, season three. Become the best time travel thing, ever.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. I thought the show would release tomorrow midnight but it's on Saturday midnight. :(

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The casting crew was extremely on point when choosing certain present/future characters.

Alexander, Magnus, Ulrich actors all look very similar.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I have My Body is a Cage stuck in my head now. I also didn't know it was originally by Arcade Fire. Peter Gabriel does a good job and it fits the show so well, but I think the Arcade Fire version has a little something something.

My body is a cage
That keeps me from dancing with the one I love
but my mind holds the key

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So what time are we expecting this in Europe? About 10 am in the saturday morning I guess? No chance for a release around midnight CEST tonight?

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

This is blowing my mind.

-----

I thought S2 was a significant stepdown and that ending fills me with fear but still excited for this to come conclusion.

Apr 11, 2020
Lol that is fascinating.....the only instance I can remember of someone even eating food is young Noah with his apple....and I guess the "toast Hawaii" although we don't ever see it.
Toast Hawaii does make an appearance! Just as Hannah is watching Mikkel through the window when older Jonas takes her back to 1987. Sliced pineapple on toast on viewing, and in any instance, seems like a legit thing in parts of Germany:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_Hawaii
Watching S2 again before diving into the finale tomorrow is such a fucking thrill. I love love love this show!
Edit: 80's Claudia hard-pressing the touchscreen workstation with bewilderment on her face in the library S2E4... legit how I witnessed it working in Apple Stores when the iPad made its debut 😂😂

Last edited:

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to get lynched for this, but I watched the series dubbed because I'm a lazy fuck and like to multitask. Is there going to be a dub day one?

Oct 27, 2017
Give me another god tier scene in S3 like this one from S1 please

I loved this montage so much (especially the song). But I liked that S2 didn't just ape the same moment. What replaced this scene were the various moments, when the ambient music would swell, as it closed in on one character's face, before jumping to that same character in a different era.

My favorite moment of this by far was the reveal that future Ellie was actually Ellie.