• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
just found out about this, saw the trailer and looks kinda similar to stranger things but more serious
will probably check it out

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I forgot this was coming out, I'll definitely check it out.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first four episodes tonight. So far it is a rather slowly paced show and the trailer showed to much about the setting. The audience knows too much going in and the first three episodes do not work as good as they could have. The mystery keeps on evolving though and it's not uninteresting.
The actors are doing a fine job (mostly), the cinematography is well done and I like the score (is not just 80s tunes). I don't like the colour theme though, the show is called dark and the washed out, mostly brown theme may make sense in that regard. It's just very boring and doesn't fit the mystery atmosphere the show is trying to build up.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it turns out good even if the trailer didn't catch my interest but I would welcome some German productions that aren't terrible. The entertainment industry feels very weak around here (movie, tv, games, music).

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But what about new episodes for Alarm für Cobra 11? I need it in my veins. That was TV show of my childhood....
giphy.gif

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first four episodes tonight. So far it is a rather slowly paced show and the trailer showed to much about the setting. The audience knows too much going in and the first three episodes do not work as good as they could have. The mystery keeps on evolving though and it's not uninteresting.

The actors are doing a fine job (mostly), the cinematography is well done and I like the score (is not just 80s tunes). I don't like the colour theme though, the show is called dark and the washed out, mostly brown theme may make sense in that regard. It's just very boring and doesn't fit the mystery atmosphere the show is trying to build up.

Opinions, but I am actually finding it to be one of the most impressive looking shows I've seen in a very long time, especially for SDR that's being streamed. It's hardly just brown. It is shot in such a way that everything just stands out, in a good way. Each scene is either full of varying colors, heavily contrasted, or it's a background of primarily one or two different colors, yet there's something in the foreground that is very colorful.

Watch it on an OLED.

Viavi

Oct 27, 2017
Three episodes in and wow. I'm loving it. Really scratched my itch post-Stranger Things.

Spoopy

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles/Belfast
Any reason why this is English dubbed on UK Netflix? Is there a way to watch it subtitled instead?

edit:
nvm, figured it out. that dub is horrible.

Last edited:

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching the show today. This was much better then I expected and no this isn't a stranger things copy. The story is interesting, complicated but not too hard to follow (and some plot-points are predictable), but you surely need to pay attention all of the time. Science stuff also didn't add up (obviously), but that's not a problem at all in a show about time travel, I guess.
I really hope Netflix will produce a second season, but I somehow doubt this is going to be a mass success because.
Anyway, thumbs up from me and and an extra thumb for the ending.. I didn't expect the show to go down the
post apocalyptic, hidden time war between different faction route

Last edited:

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching the show today. This was much better then I expected and no this isn't a stranger things copy. The story is interesting, complicated but not too hard to follow (and some plot-points are predictable), but you surely need to pay attention all of the time. Science stuff also didn't add up (obviously), but that's not a problem at all in a show about time travel, I guess.
I really hope Netflix will produce a second season, but I somehow doubt this is going to be a mass success because.
Anyway, thumbs up from me and and an extra thumb for the ending.. I didn't expect the show to go down the
post apocalyptic, hidden time war between different faction route

Thank you for the impressions! Really looking forward to starting this later!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be checking this thread for impressions to see if it's worth watching after I finish Godless.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this so far - binged through episode 4. So pumped to see Ben Frost on the soundtrack. I'm usually cautious with time travel, but it's pretty light so far.

We've pretty much stopped to shazam every song that comes up.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How bad is the nudity?, is it full frontal or just buttocks?
in episode 3, we see a single breast, don't know about the other episodes.

The show is slow but it's really good and im not used to german so it's a nice change. I like the ending of episode 3 with all the different characters.

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished. I thought it was great. You need to really pay attention though.

I hope we get a 2nd season with that cliffhanger at the end

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna just fucking say it. This is the Chrono Trigger of TV shows

*runs into the inky black night*

E.3/4 just roped me in. Wow.
Not only does it play with time travel but it influences the base conceit of these main characters. Brought a HUGE grin to my face.

You cant helpt but feel for them as the children they were but then youre brought to present time after ep3 and it messes with you. You have a these two generations dealing with these two tragedies. Its effective.

Last edited:

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
The dub was really throwing me off in the beginning but I got used to it I think. First episode was pretty good.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the score is a bit overbearing and is doing the work to make this interesting a lot, at least early in. It's a good score on a technical level, but it just feels nearly constant and not always appropriate.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
E.3/4 just roped me in. Wow.

That's what happened to my wife and me. EP3/EP4 sucked us in. First two episodes aren't bad, but they are more like a drawn out prologue, that was at least the feeling we initially had. Wait till you reach episode 8.... That one was a 10/10 episode.
But yes, this is a rather slow show. It takes it's time to draw out motives, scenes and characters. It's beautifully shot, wants and needs your full attention and in contrast to sredgrin I enjoyed the musical score a lot (opinions 'n stuff...)
I'm not saying that it's hard to understand or extremely deep, it's just not something lighthearted that can be watched while being distracted or busy with something else. Combine that with a rather slow start and I imagine most people will shrug it off, on the other side... maybe good word of mouth can help. We'll see.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People interested to listen to the OST (or to give it a try):
Video seems to be made out of promotional material.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Watch the first half of the first episode, in german obviously, and liked what I saw. The thing that impressed me most was the score, but I guess that's one thing euro-shows usually do better than US shows. The sinister strings are very well done, and it gives the show a very high quality vibe.

Will continue watching, looks like it picks up after ep 4.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this advertised on U.K. Netflix yesterday - good to hear impressions sound good. Will add to my list of shows to watch at some point...

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
People interested to listen to the OST (or to give it a try):
Video seems to be made out of promotional material.

I'll check this out later today - does it mention how much of the soundtrack is original compositions by Ben Frost? I'm super curious how much of his work is present, but my limited research isn't turning much up.

The heavy strings give me a Hannibal vibe honestly.