• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
a gaming room to die in

fVRRdub.gif

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If he's happy with that, more power to him.

I prefer setting up my room in a way to make cleaning as easy as possible, so that looks like a nightmare to me lol.
That's honestly how I feel whenever I look at extravagant game rooms. I get huge anxiety just thinking about the dust. Though, his room looks very tame compared to most I've seen.

What's a true gamer?
The games we played along the way.

Last edited:

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Each to his own and all that. That gaming room is not for me, though. Personally I prefer to have the consoles I don't play very often behind glass, that prevents dust. I take them out when I want to. If I had more space at home I would make it less cluttered, but it is what it is.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
All his arcade cabs are super dope. The enlarged SNES cartridges he put on the wall was pretty awesome too but I agree I would do away with those framed gamer posters.

I honestly wouldn't even want a large, dedicated gaming room. Like just my current setup in my room for console and PC gaming and that's that. The amount of time, effort, money, cost of upkeep, and cleaning would be become too much over time, but it's cool for people who have the means and don't mind it.

We'll also start seeing less and less of stuff like this as we continue to go into all digital eventually, too.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
To each his own, and it's cool as hell that he and his wife have a place to spend time together in doing something they both enjoy, but that is like the opposite of anything I find appealing. It's like a Loot Crate and GameStop had sex and that room was the baby. Its everything I detest aesthetically about 'gamer culture" crammed into a single room. Also looks like it would be obnoxiously hot and bright in there, but I assume he doesn't have everything powered on at the same time normally. Ultimately though, he seems like he loves it so good on him.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I like my room more. It's just my desk, my computer, and every game I need on a drive. Easy to clean, easy to move.
Yes! It changed from displaying everything when I was a kid/teen to hiding everything except the case and a wireless controller.

Went full digital à couple of years ago,it's great.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Why would you put those cringy ass posters instead of some nice game art ?

Then again I'm currently playing in my kitchen due to lack of space so I'm not in the best place to give advice