• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 31, 2018
Everyone has had games in which they had an above-average interest, but have never been able to play. This is because you may not have had the console in the house, or you may have had to make choices where the budget goes, the game was not localized etc.

Below are a few examples of mine:
I used to have a very big interest in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, around the time of its release. I didn't have a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, so I didn't buy it. In the next few years I've had several consoles that could play Assassin's Creed games, but I only played my first game (Origins) in the series at the beginning of 2019, after a big discount.
I was also interested in Odama, a millitary pinball game that works with voice commands. It was a very unique concept. There used to be rumours that in addition to a GameCube version, there was also a Nintendo DS version in the making. This one never came. Although I had a GameCube, I never bought that game.

Last edited:

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For me this is currently arcade exclusive H2Overdrive, spiritual sequel to one of my favourite racing games of all time (and well games in general for me); Hydro Thunder, i've never had the luck of finding it in any arcades on the few times i've gone out and about and it pains me that it'll probably never get a console/PC release, yes emulators may exist but it wont be the same experience as being in the arcade cabinet itself. I do hope one day i'll be able to play it in some form though.

Honourable mention: Battle Garegga Rev 2016, still not available in the EU PSN store and hasnt been for years now, only in Japan and I think maaaaybe US PSN store? I might be incorrect here though.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Pillars of Eternity 2, don't have a PC :( (I ain't playing it on Xbox, with sub standard controls and visuals).

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
When I was in middle school, I used to read guides of Maxima on PS2 all the time in the library (mostly for the hot girls). I purchased a PS2 years later but never ended up playing the game(s).

I don't think about it much now honestly.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted to play 1000 land or Heavy Metal Thunder way back in the day but neither got localized.

Morphis

Oct 28, 2017
For me it's Bushido Blade. I love fighting games and I've always been really curious, but despite having owned a PS1, never got to play it. Would love a remaster of some sorts.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I always wanted to play Aliens vs Predator on Atari Jaguar. But I never did. I think it is playable in other ways now but I never got around to it.

There were some PS2 games I wanted to play like Tekken 5 and Gradius V that I downloaded an emulator and played them way later.

WickedWins

Apr 28, 2020
Tomb Raider 3 The Lost Artifact. The expansion levels look so good and SE refuses to put them on Steam.

Also, The Great Ace Attorney. But yeah sometimes asking a localization for this saga is like asking for gold to fall down from the clouds.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Last Story

Back in 2011 I picked up Xenoblade on Wii for ÂŁ32 on Amazon but left The Last Story for later, while it was ÂŁ29, since then it's skyrocketed in price or been hard to find, so I never got around to it

I was hoping it would get a Wii U eShop release, or a remaster, but so far it's still just on Wii and I can't see myself finding a copy now

Deleted member 53692

user requested account closure
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
France
The Gameboy Advance Island with Animal Crossing on Gamecube, and the e-reader thing.

I didn't have (and still don't have) a GBA, the link, and even a Gamecube those days. Even my Wii got replaced by a WiiU.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
For me, it's the various Saturn games that are either unported (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, etc), or received a Japan only port (Dragon Force).

In terms of consoles that I actually own, the first one that comes to mind is Baten Kaitos Origins. I want to play it, but it was never released here in the UK, and I've never got round to importing it and bypassing the region lock.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vertexer is an arcade game that has never been ported and it's difficult to even find a video of the goddamn thing.

Apparently some guy got a board of it and was able to get a rom out of it but he hasn't made it available to anybody else which is super frustrating.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
For me it was Sky Blazer on SNES. I always wanted to play it but just couldn't afford it at the time, and I haven't seen it since on the various Virtual Consoles either.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
WinBack.

Always remember seeing it in magazines and thinking it looked great, but never managed to get to play it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The Super Mario Galaxy games, I guess. Didn't enjoy playing games on the Wii, so I'm hoping they'll get ported to Switch sooner or later. Also Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time to an extent, I've tried the 3DS versions but hate playing any kind of action-y 3D games on that device so I dropped them pretty fast. Also hoping they'll get ported to Switch.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Mario strikers. It looked like shovel ware to me back when I was a kid going to gamestop. I would like a switch portn

Nquoid

Jul 25, 2019
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.

Played Dawn of Sorrow and absolutely loved it but skipped over those two games because they didn't have the same soul system. Now I'm staring and ebay and trying to figure out if it's worth the investment or if I just keep my fingers crossed that Konami do the right thing and re-release all those GBA and DS Castlevania games...

Oct 25, 2017
Alan Wake.

I had a 360 when it was announced but had traded it against a PS3 by the time it was released. I'm a huge Stephen King fan and would still love to play it someday - gutted those (admittedly tenuous) rumours of a remaster never came to fruition.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Okamiden comes to mind. Bought it years ago after playing Okami and it became one of my favs, but I've just never got around to it. Had it sitting in my 3DS for quite a long time now since I finished my backlog for it a year ago otherwise.

May 18, 2018
Kessen i was a kid so excited for it around the time I got a ps2 at launch but parents never got it for me and I forgot about it till this thread.

denseWorm

Banned
May 15, 2020
Hmmmmmm!! This is hard, because Steam and gog have jointly made a huge chunk of all games available to me. Let's seeeeeee.

Okay, Portal 2 would probably have been fun after Portal... But as great as Portal 1 was, I'm unable to convince myself that Portal 2 could possibly be anything more than an annoying puzzle game with light comedic payoff. Maybe the fact that they never resolved Half Life plays a part in this.

Hmmmmmm!

I had a good idea, I checked my Steam wish list.

That includes Death Stranding, and Dark Souls 1, remastered. My gog wish list includes... Nothing atm. Kingdom Come: Deliverance maybe. I'm intrigued in seeing Crytek in a different setting.

Okay, I just spent 20 minutes looking through digital stores looking for titles that jump out at me and none of them do. I will want Cyberpunk 2077 if my laptop can't handle it, albiet at 1080p, on release. That would probably be enough to make me get a PS5.

Pillars of Eternity 2, don't have a PC :( (I ain't playing it on Xbox, with sub standard controls and visuals).
Figure out a way to play it, it's magical, a great elaboration on the first~

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
That Berserk game where you needed a japanese PS2
fe52297cb3e8d53c91ccf8e5e4ebbe79.jpg

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to play Trico The last guardian but never got to play it because I never bought it.

I was thinking it would annoy me very much if it (most probably) has a bad ending like the first two.

If only PSN did big discounts for old games like Steam does.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
0dc30a12-3379-4d7e-8d3b-4e3db7b47aa8.jpg

Steel Battalion on original Xbox.
What a shame that it's never re-release or other modern game using this beauty

Dec 25, 2018
Metal Arms Glitch In The System, I saw it once in a shops gaming section, looked like a cool robot action platformer, but i didn't have the pocket money saved at that point, next time i had the notion of looking for it, the shop had closed it electronics and games floor, and the nearest shops I would have went to a with a gaming section at the time didn't seem to have it and then I couldn't add it to any Christmas lists as by that point as i couldn't recall the name of it, think the next time i saw the game it was a prize in some machine but my history with those things put me off, I would probably end up wasting whatever change I had.
Even if a came across a pre-owned copy today, I dont have the platforms that would play it.

Shame the game never got a sequel or ported to PC or any newer platforms, would definitely give it a go. Though last i read the I.P.'s apparently in lmibo?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Power Stone 1 & 2, they look great.

They were the equivalent of smash bros when the Dreamcast was around. Amazing games, how it never got any more games is just a sad state of affaits. Who has the IP, Capcom?

Hmmmmmm!! This is hard, because Steam and gog have jointly made a huge chunk of all games available to me. Let's seeeeeee.

Okay, Portal 2 would probably have been fun after Portal... But as great as Portal 1 was, I'm unable to convince myself that Portal 2 could possibly be anything more than an annoying puzzle game with light comedic payoff. Maybe the fact that they never resolved Half Life plays a part in this.

Hmmmmmm!

I had a good idea, I checked my Steam wish list.

That includes Death Stranding, and Dark Souls 1, remastered. My gog wish list includes... Nothing atm. Kingdom Come: Deliverance maybe. I'm intrigued in seeing Crytek in a different setting.

Okay, I just spent 20 minutes looking through digital stores looking for titles that jump out at me and none of them do. I will want Cyberpunk 2077 if my laptop can't handle it, albiet at 1080p, on release. That would probably be enough to make me get a PS5.

Figure out a way to play it, it's magical, a great elaboration on the first~

Absolutely, I'm eyeing up a gaming laptop eventually. What specs would be recommended at 1440p, high settings?

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Final Fantasy XIV 1.0

Yeah I know it looks terrible, but I want to experience the story nonetheless and I don't want to watch 60 hours of cutscenes on YouTube.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Project Justice. Just never got around to picking it up. Oddly enough, none of my friends grabbed it either, and we all liked Rival Schools. I keep hoping Rival Schools/Project Justice characters end up in Street Fighter with updated fighting styles.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Always wanted to get into Baten Kaitos. It looked interesting as a game and story, but never did get around to it.

And...

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.

Played Dawn of Sorrow and absolutely loved it but skipped over those two games because they didn't have the same soul system. Now I'm staring and ebay and trying to figure out if it's worth the investment or if I just keep my fingers crossed that Konami do the right thing and re-release all those GBA and DS Castlevania games...

Holy shit! Get on that, especially OoE! :D Great games you don't need to miss.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Steel Battalion and I'm not sure I ever will. I wasn't in any financial position to get it at the time, then I couldn't justify the space for the controller, now it's ballooned in price...

I can't think of any games I couldn't play if I wanted to make it happen, except for the ones with specific hardware requirements like that.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Half Life Alyx. It feels like the essential VR game and I don't see myself having VR anytime soon.

Alien Hominid, the Klonoa games, Billy Hatcher, No More Heroes series, and the old The Simpsons Game are a handful that I never got around to. And that's just games still on my list of "maybe one day" that are way on the back burner.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Ringfit Adventure.

Finding a copy is like finding affordable housing or a competent politician. You hear about them online sometimes, but it's always somewhere else far away and you're not actually convinced they even exist anymore within this time line.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Metal Arms Glitch In The System, I saw it once in a shops gaming section, looked like a cool robot action platformer, but i didn't have the pocket money saved at that point, next time i had the notion of looking for it, the shop had closed it electronics and games floor, and the nearest shops I would have went to a with a gaming section at the time didn't seem to have it and then I couldn't add it to any Christmas lists as by that point as i couldn't recall the name of it, think the next time i saw the game it was a prize in some machine but my history with those things put me off, I would probably end up wasting whatever change I had.
Even if a came across a pre-owned copy today, I dont have the platforms that would play it.

Shame the game never got a sequel or ported to PC or any newer platforms, would definitely give it a go. Though last i read the I.P.'s apparently in lmibo?
This was a really good game. It really is a shame it never went anywhere as a franchise.