• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody get Windows Defender/virus errors when you try the 5.24 patch? Windows just won't run it no matter what, then it nukes it because it detects a virus.
yep. can't bypass it to install the damn thing. also when I followed directions and installed the 7thHeaven thing after installing Satsuki's mod it made the game stop launching and now it's all fucked and I don't know what to do or how to start over without making it worse.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
yep. can't bypass it to install the damn thing. also when I followed directions and installed the 7thHeaven thing after installing Satsuki's mod it made the game stop launching and now it's all fucked and I don't know what to do or how to start over without making it worse.

I turned off Windows defender real-time protection and clicked through the 5000 warning messages and it finally worked.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I turned off Windows defender real-time protection and clicked through the 5000 warning messages and it finally worked.
yeah I ended up doing that too... after having to uninstall everything because I thought I was supposed to install 7thHeaven as well which created a conflict and made the game unable to launch.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overall I really like this mod... but the overlapping text windows are bugged:

rMHIhYo.png

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I ended up doing that too... after having to uninstall everything because I thought I was supposed to install 7thHeaven as well which created a conflict and made the game unable to launch.
Overall I really like this mod... but the overlapping text windows are bugged:

rMHIhYo.png
That sucks. You shouldn't have had to go through this.

I said it before, but I highly recommend just waiting for the next version of 7th Heaven and installing all your mods through that. You will avoid all this nonsense that way.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have save file deletion issues with this mod? I'm not sure if it's a Squenix cloud save issue (which I turned off) or a Satsuki mod issue, but I'm on 5.24 and my save files keep getting deleted. Thankfully I made a symlink in Dropbox so I undeleted them.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
So if I install the standalone version of this mod without 7th Heaven, I can still get Steam achievements, right?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So seeing as there is a SE sale and (i think) all FF games are 50% off I grabbed VIII Remaster and IX (and X/X-2, IV+The After Years, XIII and III).

Anyone know the latest on the VIII upscale mod? And it'll work with the Remaster right? Actually, is that the best version to get over the original? It has mixed reviews on Steam but looking things up it just seems to have already better models and textures for characters and some other slight improvements/upscales.

And for IX Moguri Mod is still they way to go right?

Oct 25, 2017
So seeing as there is a SE sale and (i think) all FF games are 50% off I grabbed VIII Remaster and IX (and X/X-2, IV+The After Years, XIII and III).

Anyone know the latest on the VIII upscale mod? And it'll work with the Remaster right? Actually, is that the best version to get over the original? It has mixed reviews on Steam but looking things up it just seems to have already better models and textures for characters and some other slight improvements/upscales.

I wondering the same. I just bought 8 on PC but wondering if I should get the remaster instead. After playing moguri I don't wanna go back to non upscaling

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Does the PC version of FF7 have the speed booster and battle/random encounter tweaks the console versions have? Doesn't seem to mention it on the Steam page, but it does on the FF8 and FF9 Steam pages.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
Hey uh, so does anyone here know if 7th Heaven has been updated to the latest version of the FFNx driver that v5 Satsuki is using? Asking cause I want to install v5 Satsuki alongside Nino Chibi Field and New Threat mods through 7th Heaven which was not possible 1 month ago because of the FFNx disparity between 7H and v5S.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
when I play the game using this mod the achievements don't seem to unlock? at the very least I played the first part of the Mako reactor and the "first battle" and "first limit" achievements didn't pop

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I wondering the same. I just bought 8 on PC but wondering if I should get the remaster instead. After playing moguri I don't wanna go back to non upscaling
The remaster of 8 has some issues with some mods. I forget which. For best compatibility, get the original. I bought both when they were on sale, for good measure.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Just wanna bump and say that New Threat + Ninostyle models + Satsuki upscaled graphics owns so fucking hard. I'm using 7th Heaven though so no 60FPS battles for me, should I switch over to Reunion?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna bump and say that New Threat + Ninostyle models + Satsuki upscaled graphics owns so fucking hard. I'm using 7th Heaven though so no 60FPS battles for me, should I switch over to Reunion?
I don't think that you can use all three of these mods with Reunion.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I don't think that you can use all three of these mods with Reunion.
I found that you can download a pack of .iros on Nexus that includes these mods so you can make them compatible with Reunion, though you can't have anything 7th Heaven related in your FF7 folder. Shame that the Reunion dude doesn't want his stuff to work with 7th Heaven, what even happened there?

niall

Oct 30, 2017
Hey uh, so does anyone here know if 7th Heaven has been updated to the latest version of the FFNx driver that v5 Satsuki is using? Asking cause I want to install v5 Satsuki alongside Nino Chibi Field and New Threat mods through 7th Heaven which was not possible 1 month ago because of the FFNx disparity between 7H and v5S.

You can opt into the beta channel of the driver in the 7th heaven settings and it'll grab the new version.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Playing through FF7 for... kinda* the first time on PS5 right now, and ho boy the backgrounds are rough. Thought about getting it on PC and modding but ultimately decided to go with PS. Seeing some of these upres mods make me wish I chose PC 😭

*I played for a while back in the day, but the copy I rented had an issue or something. Got to Cosmo Canyon but couldn't progress further due to a hardlock freeze. Tried cleaning the disc, but it was in rough shape. Never went back until now.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand this looks way better and is really cool how they accomplished it. AI upscaling needs to be the standard companies do themselves with remasters.

On the other hand 🤮 Good God ps1 3D models are just awful. No amount of ai upscaling can fix just how ugly early ps1 3D models were.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know where to post this or what is causing this but my slots are blank in Battle Arena in the Gold Saucer. Impossible to search for as I either get posts and guides about the slot machine and how to cheat at it or I have guides regarding materia slots (no slot runs etc)

Checked the Satsuki thread on http://forums.qhimm.com and only one person has the issue but they are having other issues I'm not having and I tried turning off "HD Minigames" but it didn't make a difference. I see Tifa's slots fine. I don't know what to do.

Only mods I have (on this PC) are Ninostyle chibi models and Satsuki steam installer. It isn't the latest as that needs a new 5GB download but everything else was fine. I've tried toggling options (turning things like alpha battle boxes, HD minigames) off, turning down the AA, changing from auto to the different APIs.

Works fine unmodded which I had to use to do the battle arena but maaaaaaaaan it hurt my eyes. It's shocking how much the upres adds. Like, it's insane the amount of detail it brings out from so few pixels.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Can someone help me with something please?
How do I get this mod installed along with the stuff from Reunion mod?

Or at least can I get the translation and menu mods installed along with this one?

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I installed this a while ago but for some reason even though the dialogue is in english, other stuff like the in battle menu and the inventory screen is all spanish. Is there an earlier version out there to install?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and the battle models come with the mod. They're not displayed here, as that tracking info is just for the field models. The battle models are all made to look closely like the nomura artwork. Here's the Cloud model:

7ZShe1h.jpg

I also told myself that I would wait until the mod was finished to play the game again, but eventually I said screw it and just played. It's going to take the author a while before finishing the mod; he's been working on it since September 2019, and he's not even halfway done. I would tell you to just play when you feel like it. By the time he is done with the mod, enough time will have gone by that some new mods or version of mods will be available, giving you a new reason to play.
This is extremely impressive!

I can wait.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to grabbing this on the steam sale (50% off) and installing this mod. Very easy process, just launch the installer.

My goodness - amazing stuff. AI upscaled fields look amazing, tons of interesting/useful features toggleable via the launcher, save anywhere... I was initially taken aback by the non-chibi character models until I realized they're another toggleable option. Kudos to the OP for highlighting this (hopefully they're back soon 😬) and most importantly the mod creator. Really looking forward to this playthrough.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Looks fantastic. There is a niche desire for prerendered backgrounds in games that no modern games are serving right now. I want more wonderfully detailed, HD prerendered backgrounds in more games.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else here have 5.1 surround audio set up on their PC? For some reason this game's music is playing through all 5 channels... kind of inauthentic. Plus it drowns out the sound effects. Since I can't be bothered to change my sound device in my control panel to stereo every time I play this game and change it back to 5.1 upon exiting, is there any other way to force stereo sound for this game only?

Last edited:

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Installed this through the all in one steam installer and now I can't save the game? It says Invalid Save File. So, seems like a pretty pointless mod if that is the flipside of it.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Installed this through the all in one steam installer and now I can't save the game? It says Invalid Save File. So, seems like a pretty pointless mod if that is the flipside of it.
Weird, my saves are working fine - both save anywhere and the conventional saves. Did you do a clean steam install then launch the mod installer?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FYI

the latest version of 7th Heaven, 2.3.3, supports Satsuki V5. It also has native controller support, so no more need to use antimicro of ds4windows!

It can be gotten on github:

github.com

Releases · tsunamods-codes/7th-Heaven

The Ultimate Mod Manager for Final Fantasy VII PC. Contribute to tsunamods-codes/7th-Heaven development by creating an account on GitHub.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
FYI

the latest version of 7th Heaven, 2.3.3, supports Satsuki V5. It also has native controller support, so no more need to use antimicro of ds4windows!

It can be gotten on github:

github.com

Releases · tsunamods-codes/7th-Heaven

The Ultimate Mod Manager for Final Fantasy VII PC. Contribute to tsunamods-codes/7th-Heaven development by creating an account on GitHub.

Soo, I have never played FFVII even when I had a huuge poster on my wall when it came out on PS1 (never owned a PS1) and had bugs to no end when I tried it on PC back in 98 or something.

I think I might be in the mood for a history lesson. Or nostalgia for something I've never experienced.
So this is all I would need for a good first time experience? Just this and the mod from the OP?

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017

Make sure that the cloud save option in the regular launcher is turned off. I think that can break save compatibility.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I am always fascinated by those AI techniques. One day games may be fully developed by AI and machines instead of humans. This is scary.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Soo, I have never played FFVII even when I had a huuge poster on my wall when it came out on PS1 (never owned a PS1) and had bugs to no end when I tried it on PC back in 98 or something.

I think I might be in the mood for a history lesson. Or nostalgia for something I've never experienced.
So this is all I would need for a good first time experience? Just this and the mod from the OP?
You don't need 7th Heaven unless you plan to also install other mods; it's just a mod manager. When I last played the game, I just used the Steam version plus the mod in the OP, and that was all I felt I needed.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You have come to the right place. I will guide you so you have the best experience possible.

Here are the four mods I greatly recommend to make the game look great in 2021, with SYW being pretty much essential:
-New Character Models, by Ninostyle (link: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4)
-SYW, by Satsuki (link: https://syw.7thheaven.rocks/iros.html) (forum thread: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20434.0)
-Finishing Touch, by Bonez (forum: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20669.0)
-Enhanced Stock UI, by Chrysalis (forum: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19120.0)

This gameplay mod is not essential, but extremely recommended:
-New Threat, by Sega Chief (forum: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0)

All of these mods can be gotten from the built-in mod directory in 7th Heaven, with the exception of New Character Models by Ninostyle, whose IRO (the file type used by 7th heaven) needs to be grabbed from Nexusmods. You import the mod into 7th Heaven by double-clicking the downloadeable file and launching the importing process.

Now, New Threat is a gameplay mod that completely overhauls the game's mechanics, systems and balance to make them smarter. It gives each character unique abilities, and gives them an assortment of jobs they can specify in to make them all distinct from each other. It creates a more challenging experience, something that a more modern audience would expect, compared to the vanilla game's super-easy difficulty. The combat systems are thus more involved and satisfying.

You might tell yourself: "well, this is my first experience with the game, so I should go with the vanilla gameplay and save the mod for later." However, let me tell you a story. I have a good friend who had never played FF7. He wanted to play it before the Remake came out, so I set him up with the graphics mod, as well as New Threat. So he starts playing, and really loves it. He gets a little more than halfway through the game, when he gets a computer snaffu and loses his save. He desperately asks me if downloading a save file from the internet that was roughly where he was in the story would be compatible with New Threat. I tell him "I don't know", so he decides to uninstall New Threat and grab a save file online, because he was too engrossed in the story to start it over again. Over the following days, as he would continue his playthrough of the vanilla game, he would periodically tell me how much he missed New Threat because the vanilla gameplay was "braindead and unsatisfying". He finished the game in its vanilla flavour, and vowed to replay New Threat to completion one day to see it through because he loved it that much.

That is the story of my friend, and is why I very much recommend New Threat to new players in 2021.

New Threat offers two gameplay scenarios: Game Type A and Game Type B. Game Type A sticks to the game's prescribed encounters, and simply rebalances everything and gives bosses new attacks and AI patterns. All the encounters, with a few exceptions (such as the additional optional end-game superbosses), are all "canonical". Game Type B, on the other hand, really changes things. Brand new enemies, brand new scenarios (such as Tifa being part of the bombing mission at the start of the game), and other goodies. Game Type B is perfect for those who have already played the game and want a fresh experience. Game Type A, on the other hand, is perfect for newcomers, such as yourself. My friend had played Game Type A.

Oh, lastly, New Threat cleans up the english translation of the game, which has severe issues. It's not a complete from-the-ground-up retranslation effort, but it very much does the job.

Things to keep in mind if you use 7th Heaven:
-make sure to install both FF7 and 7th Heaven outside of Program Files, as both can have issues if installed in Program Files;
-make sure to always run 7th Heaven in administrator mode;
-make sure to always use the auto-sort button when installing new mods through 7th Heaven.

If you want to see what these mods look like in action, here's a video I uploaded of them last summer. Take note that I choose new game Type B in New Threat.

youtu.be

Final Fantasy VII New Threat | Game Type B | Remixed gameplay, scenes and graphics | Part 01

This is the PC release of Final Fantasy VII running several mods. List of included mods:-New Character Models, by Ninostyle-SYW, by Satsuki-New Threat, by Se...

I'm here for you if you need help setting up 7th Heaven.

Last edited: