• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Probably blow it all on high end drum gear and audio recording equipment.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I'd probably just save it. I inherited around that much when my father died and I just put it in the bank. I am thinking about a big spend in the next couple years though as me and my wife plan to adopt.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
2021-Ducati-SuperSport-950-First-Look-sport-touring-motorcycle.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get a car hoist installed in my garage, and one of those fully kitted-out tool cabinets on casters. Oh man, heaven.

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
That's a lot to put into a car, but then again prices these days on engines can be crazy. Though feel free to post any updates in the automotive OT, its nice to see other s-chassis owners here

I used to have a silvia front on my 240sx hatch, but I later converted back to pop-ups.

Dope! Mine has been sitting for about 6 years or so. It has brick headlights and a red top SR but I ran into an electrical problem which also meant I couldn't keep revs. I ended up taking it to a few different spots but they couldn't figure it out so I've been looking into rewiring it on my own. A few years ago, Marco over at the SR20 store in Gardena, quoted me just $1100 for a new ecu, rewire, and a tune, but couldn't justify it w/ the Mrs haha.

It def needs a lot of TLC at this point so like if I had that kind of money on hand I would throw at least throw 7k at it to get 'er track comfy again.
I have been thinking of either getting rid of it or putting it in storage. Though it bums me out, I don't have time to go to the track these days so I'm leaning toward the 1st. ._.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Dope! Mine has been sitting for about 6 years or so. It has brick headlights and a red top SR but I ran into an electrical problem which also meant I couldn't keep revs. I ended up taking it to a few different spots but they couldn't figure it out so I've been looking into rewiring it on my own. A few years ago, Marco over at the SR20 store in Gardena, quoted me just $1100 for a new ecu, rewire, and a tune, but couldn't justify it w/ the Mrs haha.

It def needs a lot of TLC at this point so like if I had that kind of money on hand I would throw at least throw 7k at it to get 'er track comfy again.
I have been thinking of either getting rid of it or putting it in storage. Though it bums me out, I don't have time to go to the track these days so I'm leaning toward the 1st. ._.

Well, if you do sell it you'd get a good amount for it due to current prices, especially with a silvia front. $1100 does seem high, but if it comes with a good tune might be worth it, but also depends on what ECU they'd be using. At that price you can go stand alone ECU, and have better tuning than a modified 30 year old stock ECU.

Mine has also been sitting. I had been running an S14 SR20DE for years because I was too poor for a DET engine, thinking I would turbo it later. I had to get an engine for my car anyway so I went with the DE that a shop just happened to have. Probably a mistake as its really no better than a KA24. I now have a redtop but its currently in pieces in my garage.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
" I was born rich. Never worn the same pair of socks twice." -Lex Luthor, Superman III

He's a bad guy, but he had some good ideas. I've thought about that line regularly since I saw the movie as a kid. I'd love a new pair of socks every day. Instead of throwing them in the laundry basket you throw them in a donation bin at the end of the day.

Lex Luthor wasn't in Superman III.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing. Money is basically worthless to me after my needs are met - and those aren't very expensive.

I guess beef jerky? 15k worth of quality beef jerky. Yep.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, if we're talking frivolous then I'd buy myself an ipad pro and get my wife new computer parts.
Then the rest of it gets saved for when we can do international travel.

Or goes toward paying off student loans, which is much less frivolous.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a general upgrade of my entire entertainment setup to a top of the line TV, sound system, etc.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
If it's for anything I'd go with a baller vacation, but that's not frivolous so I'm not sure it counts. If we're going with frivolity probably a cheap sports car, likely a Miata of some sort.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
A 50 inch TV, a ps5 and Xbox series x, superior whiskey, treat my family to some football games, buy a better bass guitar. Don't know what I would do with the rest.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Real answer: a trip to Europe.

The truly frivolous answer:

aEM8HMS.jpg

A couple of big dinosaur statues in the yard. You know, to class up the place.

OP
OP
viandante

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
a big dumb trip is definitely high on my list but i have a ten month old baby and i don't know if i'm really comfortable flying with him yet or not..

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Id probably redo my upstairs bathroom and add a super luxury steam unit. One thing I miss about the gym is the steam room.

Or an outdoor sauna or something.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
probably go to the doctor and get some tests done so maybe things can be more normal for me

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm the worst. I have no idea what I would spend it on. Maybe a 3090. I've got a 2080ti that runs everything just fine in 4k (for now!), so that would be a truly frivolous purchase.

Outside of that? Not sure, tbh.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Save it to put towards a house or some other business venture.

Tbh, might even just dump it into crypto and forget about it for 5 years.

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Well, if you do sell it you'd get a good amount for it due to current prices, especially with a silvia front. $1100 does seem high, but if it comes with a good tune might be worth it, but also depends on what ECU they'd be using. At that price you can go stand alone ECU, and have better tuning than a modified 30 year old stock ECU.

Mine has also been sitting. I had been running an S14 SR20DE for years because I was too poor for a DET engine, thinking I would turbo it later. I had to get an engine for my car anyway so I went with the DE that a shop just happened to have. Probably a mistake as its really no better than a KA24. I now have a redtop but its currently in pieces in my garage.

GAH. I know that feel brother T.T

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
a leica M10 and like... two lenses maybe? that should cover it.

After literally a decade of lusting, I finally splurged on an M10M + 50 APO Black Chrome (my dream lens) about a year ago. Expensive. Unnecessary. Yes, you can get more features for a lot less. But even a year later, it is unquestionably my favorite materialistic item I own. If you know what you're getting into, I literally don't think someone can be disappointed in an M10 and Leica glass. Hadn't shot a rangefinder since the X-Pro 1 back in like 2014, and hadn't shot a Leica since I used a friend's M6 about five years before that. But the wait just made it worth it - instantly felt like coming home.

For me, I've been on the list for a Rolex "batgirl" for about 18 months now with my local store. Typical wait times are somewhere around 6-30 months... so I'm hopeful I'll finally "get the call" this year.

But if someone offered me $15K out of the blue, I'd probably step up my game to a VC Overseas:

cfb7f9626afb2fa62532ea64abc3a5ca.jpg

Real talk: I'd probably save it or, better yet, use it to buy my mom a car.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have all of the things listed by the OP and coincidentally a little over 15K in student loans.

I'd get rid of my student loans.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I'd build a 4 season he shed. Wood burning stove and gaming area. A place to smoke a cigar with a nice little bar.