• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Dear lord in heaven...

google_stream_controller_1.jpg

That's terrible.

This is likely the companion for google's upcoming rumored gaming chromecast, which is their introduction into their streaming service. Having been in the project Stream Beta, it worked quite well, but I also used a wiiU pro controller to play through ACOy. This thing...just no. This looks like a bootleg controller you'd buy at CVS.

https://www.yankodesign.com/2019/03/07/a-first-look-at-googles-project-stream-gaming-controller/

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind this is a render based on a patent, the real controller might look a bit different (and more ergonomical really) or straight up not look like that at all

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's colorblind, that controller is an instant no from me.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
All the money in the world and this is what you come up with?

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
We all don't start out with a bang.

Took both Microsoft and Sony several controller iterations to get them where they are today.

I'm more interested in the software services, the way they are implemented and the games that will be offered. Third party controllers and future iterations will adjust this.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm unreasonably annoyed that the colour positions of the D-pad and the face buttons aren't the same.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
Amazon's had a horribly uncomfortable looking flat face too, didn't it? You'd think they could learn from that failure.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh it looks like a controller. Hard to say how the ergonomics are without holding it, but the obvious kneejerk reaction is that it looks uncomfortable. We'll see.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
That is a really poorly designed controller beyond the basic layout, which is one of two main layouts so they don't get credit for that. Everything else, fail.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
If this is the final design, I think they're in trouble. This looks like a quick Illustrator mock-up, which probably bodes well for it not actually resembling what they eventually come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.